- Joined
- Dec 17, 2008
- Messages
- 385
- Reaction score
- 92
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread
That reminds me of the scene in the dream world where Watanuki makes C!Sakura admit she wants to live. That scene I think is one of the single most important scenes for C!Sakura and all Watanuki is doing is just being himself. It fits beautifull with what's been coming up a lot these days about how people change each other.I still have this mad, desparate hope that somehow it's changed something for her and that she'll make it out of all this alive after all.
This recurrs to your other post in TRC about legacy somehow. I guess another way you look at it is that consequences are the legacy of actions. For what it's worth, you write extremely well.
GAAAHHH! MUST STOP TALKING ABOUT TRC IN HOLIC FORUMS!!!
What I also find interesting about all this is though the sweep of TRC is so epic, all the events are driven ultimately by personal desires. Even the most dramatic, grand-scale days of destiny are, ultimately, personal.
That reminds me of the scene in the dream world where Watanuki makes C!Sakura admit she wants to live. That scene I think is one of the single most important scenes for C!Sakura and all Watanuki is doing is just being himself. It fits beautifull with what's been coming up a lot these days about how people change each other.I still have this mad, desparate hope that somehow it's changed something for her and that she'll make it out of all this alive after all.
This recurrs to your other post in TRC about legacy somehow. I guess another way you look at it is that consequences are the legacy of actions. For what it's worth, you write extremely well.
GAAAHHH! MUST STOP TALKING ABOUT TRC IN HOLIC FORUMS!!!
What I also find interesting about all this is though the sweep of TRC is so epic, all the events are driven ultimately by personal desires. Even the most dramatic, grand-scale days of destiny are, ultimately, personal.
Last edited:
I feel WAY better about xxxHolic now. The glass imagery point really is inspired. Did you catch the TRC chapter title image where C!Syaoran is lying in a pool of blood and broken glass? It supports your point about the destruction of those created by the distortion AND links the two beings that were created from R!Syaoran because of the distortion (why is it that C!Syaoran and Watanuki are awesome and R!Syaoran is SUCH a toad when they were both made from him?).
