Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

Thats is wonderful that you are going to try it out GK! I think that it is a really good manga as well, but just keep in mind that it is more character driven and therefore the plot moves a lot slower than say a manga like Tsubasa does.

Take your time and enjoy it. And of course let us know what you think.

 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic

It seems there wont be another chapter out for about three weeks now 120 is released. :(:(
But at least they didnt leave it on a cliffhanger.
 

Ashen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

ch 120 is out.

Someone has a newborn child
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

Inarikami has translated chapter 120 of xxxHolic here. Be sure to tell her thanks!

:amuse
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic

It was a fairly slow chapter, but at least its tied up a few loose ends.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: xxxHolic

So far enjoying xxxHolic okay. I finished the second volume, was fun to see the ghost stories and then the connection between Doumeki and Watanuki. Yuuko's definitely a fun character. I'll be reading more, but bear with me as it's going slower than I initially thought... I have to say though, if I hadn't already read TRC I probably wouldn't have even been interested in this one at all, not exactly the kind of manga I usually read. But it's cool so far.
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic

The wait for chapter 121 has been toooo long.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic

DemonDays said:
The wait for chapter 121 has been toooo long.
Is chap 121 out?
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic

Luckas04 said:
Is chap 121 out?
Not yet, sometime next week i do believe.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic

DemonDays said:
Not yet, sometime next week i do believe.
Ok, thanks.
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

The next chapter of xxxHolic comes out on Oct 25th.

=)
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic

Tamerlane said:
The next chapter of xxxHolic comes out on Oct 25th.

=)
Thanks, it will be a long wait.
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic

Gahh longer than I thought :(
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic

Just finished reading volume 5. It's pretty good, but I think it's only because I'm reading Tsubasa as well. Otherwise it would probably not be my taste. Especially that sometimes it feels "girl-ish" >_>
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

I think that the next chapter of xxxHolic has been pushed back. Of course I am not sure if that is just a rumor or not. I guess we will have to wait and see.
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic

I do believe the rumour is right unfortunately :crying

10/16 - Young Magazine #46 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled (on sale)
10/23 - Young Magazine #47 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled (CLAMP changed that, the continuation was originally scheduled for this week).
10/30 - Young Magazine #48 - Chapter 121 - 4 color pages, beginning of tank 11.
11/06 - Young Magazine #49 - Chapter 122.
11/13 - Young Magazine #50 - Chapter 123.
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

;_;

I hate being right about stuff like this.
 

tyleroc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

haha trust me i hate when your right about it too :(

and like other people have said, i definately wouldnt have kept reading this manga if i hadnt already watched and then read TRC
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: xxxHolic

ibra87 said:
Just finished reading volume 5. It's pretty good, but I think it's only because I'm reading Tsubasa as well. Otherwise it would probably not be my taste. Especially that sometimes it feels "girl-ish" >_>
Ah yes, though it's actually meant to be for a young adul\t male audiance, according to clamp... But yeah, TRC was what got me into this, and without it, i wouldnt keep reading it i guess, but it's quite amusing in it's own right, actually... :)
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic

So I'm the only one who read XXXholic whitout readind TRC, which I plan to start reading.
Just a curiosity, if someone as already read Card captor Sakura, do you think Watanuki is equal/same to Eriol?
 
Top