Before, I thought Watanuki was being a bit of a baby. I was mad at him for giving up the life that his friends had worked so hard to get him to enjoy. But now, I have big respect for his decision to wait for Yuuko-san. It wasn't ONLY for that reason after all.
He now has had no parents in the first place. He wasn't supposed to exist. Now more than ever, he and Shaoran are both anomolies. The price he paid in the void, was so that he could continue to exist at all. So despite seeming so unalive, he made it so he could be as alive as possible given his circumstances.
He pretty much belongs in the ethereal existence outside the normal world, in the shop, much like Yuuko... Because he doesn't have a real existence anymore. Much like how Yuuko was at the edge of death, he is at the edge of nonexistence. Waiting is his price, and being in the shop is the place he must do it.
It all fits together now. It's hard to put into words but I get it now. It's amazing...
And Shaoran (well, Tsubasa(m)) has an anchor to the shop thanks to Black Mokona's earring. We finally saw where that went, hehe. Very cool. The crew just might show up.
