Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: The xxxHolic Mega Convo

Luckas said:
How is the anime? Is it good?
It's good and all, but no relation to Tsubasa RC whatsoever, which is pretty sad. And only 24 episodes released so far and a movie. The ones I have seen (first 4 or so) had kinda the same story going as the manga, but as mentioned before with everything regarding TRC cut out. We still have Mokona though :)



Hmm, I don't know, but someway it feels right if I close this thread and make you guys make separate ones for each topic, but I'll wait a little.
 

kaBOTi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The xxxHolic Mega Convo

domo ibra87-sama

guess i have to start downloading :amuse
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
What is xxxHolic?

Credits go to the writer of the main post on the index page (31-12-2006) (possibly Winterlion):


Summary:

xxxHolic is a manga by clamp, which follows two of the side characters from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. The series' protagonist is Kimihiro Watanuki, a high school student who is continually plagued by supernatural monsters and spirits which are magically attracted to him. The creatures are invisible to all but him. One day, he quite literally stumbles into a shop that grants wishes and his life changes drastically. Within the shop is the seductively beautiful Yuko Ichihara, a witch of many names and esoteric renown. (The Time Witch in TRC). The seemingly all-knowing witch soon gets right down to business. She offers to grant Watanuki's wish to be rid of his ability to see spirits. However, a price equal to the power required to grant the wish must be paid. When Yuko discovers that Watanuki is very skilled with his hands and a hard worker, she forces him to perform housework and odd jobs, until he has done enough work for his wish to be granted.
 
Last edited:

Sart

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Re: xxxHolic 126 Discussion Thread

At last xxxHolic on Magahelpers!! HURRAH!!! Thanks for the chapter!

ibra87 said:
I could be wrong, but it seems like the shop was made for Watanuki's sake.
Hell yeah!)) IMHO Watanuki somehow resembles Clow Reed... May be Watanuki IS Clow? Then of course the shop is made for his sake.


PS. Sorry if my English is bad. In Russia its difficult to improve it)
 

Pevee

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 126 Discussion Thread

Sart said:
Hell yeah!)) IMHO Watanuki somehow resembles Clow Reed... May be Watanuki IS Clow? Then of course the shop is made for his sake.


PS. Sorry if my English is bad. In Russia its difficult to improve it)
Your English seems fine to me.
Well, I believe that Watanuki is somehow Clow or his representative or something. That's why the shop seems to be connected to him in so many ways.

FFz said:
Yuuko-san is the cutest character ever....
Camena said:
ISN'T SHE? She's my hero! I wanna be Yuuko when I grow up! XD
She IS!!! She is my ever-favorite character! Who doesn't want to be the witch of dimensions like her??
 

everazuresky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
xxxholic chapter 1

Being so far into the series, it is pretty interesting to look back and find anything you might have missed. I went back to the first chapter of xxxholic and found something interesting which I was hoping to get some one else's opinion on. When Yuuko was originally accepting the payment she pulls out a mirror. It ends up not working and, at least in the translation I have, she says there must be a "generation gap". Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
 

Arinan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Where to get xxxHOLIC?

http://www.aicoalition.com/manga_xholic.php

They have Volumes 1-8 up to download by volume, and then the chapters 97-100.


Thank you, link added ~ ibra87
Moderator Notice:
I'm sorry, the site seems to have been suspended~ ibra87
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxholic chapter 1

Let's start with saying it actually happens in chapter 2 ;)

Anyway, I have no idea what she meant with generation gap. The only logical thing would be that the mirror can't search Watanuki's soul because he's from another generation than Yuuku's or perhaps from another generation than the one the mirror was created in. Then again, logic has never been the case in xxxHOLIC so I really wouldn't know.
 

Yachiru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Thanks for posting the schedule!

No chapter until the 22nd? Aww. Too bad. But I think they're having so many breaks because they want to end xxxHolic at the same time as Tsubasa, but Tsubasa needs more time than xxxHolic.
 

Pevee

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxholic chapter 1

Good point made, in xxxHolic, nothing is supposed to make sense for us, at least not now. I think it's possible that the Yuuko did not expect the generation gap, meaning that she might think of Watanuki as another kid, but the generation gap did prevent her from doing something, so that should mean that Watanuki isn't like any other people. I think we have a thread about his origin somewhere around here.
 

everazuresky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Re: xxxholic chapter 1

Ibra,
sorry for the mix-up in chapter #. exexexHolic (msn group) and BWYS both have this as being part of chapter 1 but I guess it probably was a double chapter.
Anyway... I brought it up because this is one of the time's Yuuko messes up, however slightly. Most of the time she seems infallible, all-knowing and able to do anything. This time she actually tries something to bring a predicted result but fails. Because she quickly fixes the situation by putting Watanuki into the part time job we know so well now, the two page sequence was easily be overlooked and ignored.

Pevee,
Now that I look at it, I guess this is easily an origin thread, so, before it takes that turn into theories of little to no proof, let's lead it in another direction.
Yuuko apparently tried something that should work on most people, the mirror, for whatever purpose or payment extractment but it failed. As you say, we could argue that he isn't like other people. But Yuuko is showing herself, through many scattered foreboding messages, as one who would be most aware of how special he is and further knew of this at least years perhaps decades before ever meeting him. (Year approximations based from death of Clow) Despite all of this foresight, she tried something and it had no affect on him.
I might be stretching this a bit far but I think it is worth discussing.
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Added a few more updates at the top. ^___^
 

Itachi-Kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Re: Where to get xxxHOLIC?

#Ayakashi @ IRC.RIZON.NET
Brazilian portuguese Edited Mangas. =)
We've already released chapter 01. ^^

Thank you and link added ~ ibra87
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 127 Discussion Thread

I was thinking about the last page, where we see someone, probably a man, comming through the door. I'm thinking that perhaps it's not ghosts that make her home a scarry place but whomever this girl lives with. The ghost that touches her shoulder or does things to get her attention might be protecting her from this threat.

Conversely, Watanuki can see spirits in solid form. Thus, this person might still be an aparition, but since it was using the door instead of simply appearing in the room, I think it's a living person.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 127 Discussion Thread

Uozumi said:
I was thinking about the last page, where we see someone, probably a man, comming through the door. I'm thinking that perhaps it's not ghosts that make her home a scarry place but whomever this girl lives with. The ghost that touches her shoulder or does things to get her attention might be protecting her from this threat.

Conversely, Watanuki can see spirits in solid form. Thus, this person might still be an aparition, but since it was using the door instead of simply appearing in the room, I think it's a living person.
Hmm. A living person? I disagree with you here since it seems like this man (who could possibly be a woman) is invisible and can not be seen by normal humans. I think he was just trying to contact the girl but could not and that's why we have the bells. The more of them the more she is able to "sense" this spirit and perhaps with this many she'll finally be able to see it.
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 127 Discussion Thread

I think that what Watanuki is seeing is in the dream world correct? So since he can see spirits I really think that he is seeing the spirit that has been tormenting this girl so much.

Only I am almost positive that there is a twist to it somehow.

...and I really do not have too much hope for this girl surviving too much longer....how many customers that came to Yuuko and ignored her advice lived to tell about? :s
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
xxxHolic 128 Discussion Thread

Well the latest chapter of xxxHolic is out. You can find everything right here.

So this chapter ends the girl-with-bells story line. The moral of this story was...dont mess with Yuko. :darn

Did anyone else see this coming? What do you think that they are going to go into next?

Discuss this chapter and make some fun predictions here.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 128 Discussion Thread

I'm impressed. Nothing I had expected. Yuuko is so evil you can't help but like her. heh.
 

Ramza

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
49
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 128 Discussion Thread

can someone fill me in on what happened...i didnt quite understand the chap...i assume that she is a ghost who doesnt realize being a ghost?
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 128 Discussion Thread

This is what happened. The girl with a bell was a ghost. She was the type of ghost that will not leave a place that she has a deep connection to, which was that house. She was attached to the girl we saw in today's chapter, which is why she also came to Watanuki's school.

When the exorcist came the next day, the ghost with the bell disappeared because they exorcised her.

In a way this is typical CLAMP (kind of reminded me of their Tokyo Babylon days), but it was still fresh and I totally wasn't expecting it ^_^
 
Top