Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

hopeakaarme

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Re: xxxHolic 128 Discussion Thread

...Like you could truly expect one of Yuuko's tricks... I was suitably shocked, though. :blink

Maybe next chapter, we'll see Doumeki again?
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: xxxHolic 128 Discussion Thread

Yuko really is quite the sadist one. She, like, tricked the girl who came for her help into being exorcised herself. What I don't get is, she's a spirit, why can't she see the real person using the room? I mean, all of the spirits, so far in xxxHolic can see people.

Does it have somthing to do that she is in denial that she is now dead (i.e. a spirit)? Or another meaning is underlying that Yuko is not revealing to anyone?

A WTH!!! That's what I liked in xxxHolic! It's weirdness and Yuko's mysteriousness!

Thanks for the great chapter!
 

phoenragon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Thanks Tamerlane! ^_^ I didn't see one in the Tsubasa section, but is there a Tsubasa release schedule?
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
xxxHolic 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Yesh,

it's there, xxxHolic chapter 129 :)

Get your goodies here


So, i didn't read xxxHolic till the latest chapter, but I'd like to see you all discuss this chapter here, xxxHolic needs some more love :)


any predictions?
post them here too :)
 

Sart

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Re: xxxHolix 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Well, according to the raw, this chapter is nothing special. Well, but that means that the next one is gonna be something REALLY GOOD! :dance :dance :dance :dance
 

xholyangel07x

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
293
Reaction score
17
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
Re: xxxHolic 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

Translation! Translation! Translation! How could we discuss the chapter if we don't understand a thing about it!? Anyway, this chapter seems to be a minor arc. We meet the fox family again. Is watanuki on a delivery request by Yuuko?
Edit: Now that there is a translation and I could finally understand the chapter, I think I should edit my post:
The thing here is, even though xxxHOLic is an awesome manga, seems like CLAMP's ideas ran out. This is a filter chapter so as to keep the manga alive. It has nothing special at all, no character development, no real plot. Maybe Sart's idea is right: this chapter is the sign of something interesting lies ahead. But for the time being, I'm dissatisfied with this chapter.
But overall, this chapter is one of the cutest chaps in the serie so far in my opinion.
 

xholyangel07x

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
293
Reaction score
17
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
xxxHOLiC chapter 109-125?

One question: is there any Edited Manga group other than eXeXeX HOLiC manga which scanlate these chapters? And where could I get the translation for chapter 109-113 (Inarikami seems to have translations of chapter 114-125)?
I'm planing to scanlate these chapters if no other group than eXeXeX did it ( it was too LQ).
Thanks.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHOLiC chapter 109-125?

As far as I'm concerned, no one but eXeXeX have scanlated those chapters as of yet. I'm also very sorry but I haven't found any translations either. BWYS are sooner or later going to scanlate these, but it will take some time before they release. Let's just cross fingers and hope they do. If I ever happen to find a translation I'll be sure to tell you.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

I personally wouldn't go as far as saying they ran out of ideas. They've made a lot of similar chapters (i.e. the first time he met the foxes) and it always proved that they have made them for a cause, like the fox saving Watanuki from the demons before. I agree that it could have been more interesting though, but we can't have every chapter with lots of action.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: xxxHolic 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

not out of ideas. though they might look like it but then almost everything that has been happening in xxxHolic has significance in the story. chapter lengths are really erratic. sometimes it's as much as 80+ pages and sometimes it's like a normal chapter with 13-15 pages. Oh well, that's xxxHolic for you.

is it just me or is that fox quite infatuated with Watanuki?
 

xholyangel07x

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
293
Reaction score
17
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
Re: xxxHOLiC chapter 109-125?

Thank you! After you mention it, I go to BWYS site ( forgot about these guys a long time before) and found chapter 109! (awww, already do some cleaning with it. Oh well, BWYS rocks! Just that they only start Editing after the tankoubon is out.

Moderator Notice:
Glad to be of help :amuse~ ibra87
 
Last edited by a moderator:

lonlon_malon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Re: xxxHolic 129 Discussion/130 Predictions

They've just run through a ton of really high-tension arcs, like the Spider arc and the one with Watanuki's injury. You can't just have a TON of high-tension arcs all the time, or else it loses its effect, right?

There is also the fact that CLAMP has been very busy the last few weeks with press conferences and Chinese New Years, so I doubt they've had time to do any major projects.

I think this week's chapter 130 will start off another long arc again, but with CLAMP you never know :P
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
xxxHolic 131 Discussion/Prediction Thread

Well the latest chapter of xxxHolic is out this week. You can find everything right here!

This chapter was cute. A lot of interaction with Kohane....then her Mom comes onto the scene and wisks her away.

The part I found most interesting though was the part with Yuuko in the shop. She is standing there looking at Fai's tattoo and Kuroganes sword and the scene flashes to an item that should look some what familiar if you are paying attention. Hint: You saw it in the very first chapter of the series.

So what do you think? What is going to happen now?

Have fun and dont be shy about posting!

=D
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic 131 Discussion/Prediction Thread

What i found most interesting in this chapter is what was said about Watanuki and Doumeki slowly merging together (well watanuki sure has taken quite a few of Doumekis bodily fluids and parts). Also Yuuko hinted that Doumeki might have quite an important roll to play further on in the series concerning the group in TRC.

To me it seems that CLAMP are slowly beginning to draw both TRC and xxxHolic to an end. But we still have a fair bit to go yet....
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 131 Discussion/Prediction Thread

According to this link: http://chibiyuuto.livejournal.com/124190.html#cutid2 the series is winding up. Holic and Tsubasa should crossing over a lot more now. :o

I had made my original post before the translation was out but I really want to hear more about how Wata and Doum are blending and what that could mean.

Inarikami also pointed out that when Yuuko was talking about Wata she uses the kanji for corpse...and maybe we are reading too much into it...but it does not sound good for him. I wonder if I should start placing bets on who is going to live through these series. x_x

I have to say thought that this chapter was a lot more interesting than I thought that it would be. Based on last weeks chapter I was not sure where it could head.
 

Hardysmidgen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
231
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 131 Discussion/Prediction Thread

I haven't been reading XXXHolic like I should, but this past chapter when Yuuko mentioned "So that the last moment won't be the last" sounded to me like Doumeki and Watanuki will have something to do with preventing the ending Sakura saw briefly when touching Fay. That Yuuko was looking at Fay's tatoo and Kurogane's sword seems to drive that point home even more, as well as paralleling that relationship with Doumeki and Watanuki blending together...Kurogane has become a part of Fay through blood and Fay has also lost an eye (though without getting a replacement). Perhaps Doumeki and Watanuki's ability to see these things will help thwart Fei Wong Reed somehow...

The whole idea of the body AND heart changing with Doumeki and Watanuki is also paralleled strongly in Kurogane and Fay, given that Fay's body changed into a vampire, Kurogane's into bait/prey and the callous emotions are currently covering up deeper connections that changed their hearts. I'm thinking that she looked at Kurogane and Fay's items because there might be a trade to gain them back in the future, what they gave up will become null somehow (Fay is about to return to Celes and the purpose for the tatoo should emerge) and since Kurogane is so tied to Fay, his sword could stand for protecting Fay in the next world or another connection with his family being revealed.

P.S. Yikes...it's the hour glass Sakura and Syaoran were trapped in? 0__o' Wonder if that's part of the ending she was speaking of, or whether it was what will end up happening to her and her love in order to let the others live. She made it pretty clear Fay and Kurogane would be killed in the one future or at least meet some unfortunate situation last issue, so perhaps Yuuko needs to return the tattoo and sword to stop said ending from happening?
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 131 Discussion/Prediction Thread

Watanuki having corpse in his kanji makes sense. Essentially now he is a corpse, staying alive only because of not only Himawari, Doumeki, and Xiao-Lang's sacrifices, but also the shop.

I think that Tsubasa will eventually find their way back to Yuuko's world. The feather found in Yuuko's Japan was on Syaoran's cloak. Thus, the whole gang will eventually have to return to Yuuko's Japan to find the very last feather.

I see the ending as Sakura, the gang, and Syaoran all appearing in Yuuko's Japan. There will be an inevitable battle between the Tsubasa cast and knowing Watanuki and Doumeki, they most likely will get caught up in it since it will be near the shop.

I think that "the last" will probably be this battle, which will culminate with probably Sakura regaining all of her feathers and possibly a bit of death depending on if Sakura can change destiny with her wish.

On the xxxHOLiC front, I think we will see the significance of the object from chapter one surface, and something will happen that the assimilation between Watanuki and Doumeki will become clear.

Another issue though is, what is Watanuki's true wish? He says he doesn't want to see spirits any longer, but when it comes time for the wish to be granted, I doubt that will be what he wants. He'll lose his connections to so many creatures he has met, I doubt he would want to never see them again. Thus, there must be a much bigger wish that he has that even Watanuki has yet to realize.
 

Hardysmidgen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
231
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 131 Discussion/Prediction Thread

The topic of Watanuki's true wish is very interesting...that made me think back to when he fell from the window. Since True Syaoran is somehow important to Watanuki, I wonder if the wish will end up being used for a TRC character or purpose. Haven't been following XXXHolic very well, so if something has been revealed or throws that theory out the window, I apologize. :-p

I'd see death as a high possibility, though I find it difficult to believe it could occur to one of the four main TRC travelors with the others having a happy ending. CLAMP already said one character will not have a happy ending when talking about TRC. Perhaps an XXXHolic would not be excluded from that since the two series are going to tie more closely together from here on out. I still feel it'll be one of the Syaorans, but it could also include any number of minor characters, Fei Wong Reed or Ashura-ou...
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 131 Discussion/Prediction Thread

I wonder if in his heart, Watanuki wanted friends. I mean one of the most drastic of changes besides the mental maturing that he has done is gain many friends. From the scant backstory we've seen of his life, I'd suppose he was quite lonely leading up to Yuuko's shop. His only friend that we're aware of is the ghost boy, and it's implied he distances himself from his guardians.
 
Top