Seinen - xxxHolic by CLAMP | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

• Kimihiro Watanuki

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

• Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

• Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

• Zashiki-warashi

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

• Other

• Total voters

howi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 142 Discussion/Prediction Thread

Folks,

Greetings.

After reading the #142 and posts in this thread, a few things I want to share with you...

* Perhaps Domeki is not around, it makes Tanpopo a little exhausted to keep Watanuki & Himawari out of harms / bad luck.

* The cover text and the impressions of Yuuko when Watanuki asked for her own wish, leads me to speculate if Yuuko has been wishing for a successor / apprentice to take over her store. Perhaps, Yuuko understands that Watanuki is destined to be the "one". Remember, she once said that Watanuki seems getting along with Mokona, Moro and Maru so much; he's hard-working and determined... But why? Does Yuuko rather wants to be "linear" in one time and space? Getting tired of granting wishes? I do not even qualify to guess as I have not gone through all other CLAMP series (or, perhaps, there is no need to).

* If Watanuki can really replace Yuuko's position, meaning he has possessed certain potential powers to manipulate the time and dimension without even realizing himself. Of course, he is far from mastering it as his "day dreaming" / time-shifting paradoxes can be overwhelming... Stand-still / Seeing Domeki's grand-father in his "mind" while getting hurt by the boiling water, Cannot remember the names of his parents, have not tasted all the great food he is preparing for others.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
xxxHolic 143 Discussion/Prediction Thread

The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the Latest Downloads and Releases HERE.

Here is where you discuss what's is happening and what's going to happen next. :hbunny

howi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 143 Discussion/Prediction Thread

THanks~

So the boy is the one who's saved Watanuki from the creepy hands sticking out from the ground by the riverbank.

Then Watanuki has possessed the power to meet people in other "dimensions" - by "dreaming" of them. And, would "Don't Disappear!" actually means urging Watanuki not to loose himself in dreams, so he won't be "disappear" in his own world/time which may also cause problems to Sakura & Sayoran?!

Last edited:

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

THanks~
And, would "Don't Disappear!" actually means urging Watanuki not to loose himself in dreams, so he won't be "disappear" in his own world/time which may also cause problems to Sakura & Sayoran?!
Could be in dreams, but it seems like more than just that, It looks like his spirit goes away every time he is about to disappear. And the one that seems to take most harm from that is Syaoran - somehow he is connected to Watanuki and doesn't want to let him die no matter what.

pirate-hitman:L

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Watanuki is losing his mind. The whole chapter was a dream. And the don't disappear thing might mean his parents. Remember when he realized he didn't remember his parents' names?

howi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

ibra87 / pirate-hitman:L,

Hmm, intriguing thoughts. However, I don't bet "Don't disappear" much on meaning Watanuki's parents. I buy in the speculation of his own spirit instead. It reminds me that spirit WON'T eat somehow... Remember, when Himawari assumed Watanuki has tasted his own great creation but only looked shocking as he hasn't tried his food himself at all.

Folks,

I checked back with the chapters in Volume 4 (should be around #37 to #48). Though the storyline about the "boy" in manga and anime is slightly different (e.g. different monster), there is one common theme: "April 1st" is an important date and has a strong ties to many characters as hitsuzen. I guess it is better "not disappear".

Last edited:

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
xxxHolic 144 Discussion/Prediction Thread

*sob*

The latest chapter is out, go read it at the Latest RTS HERE.

Here is where you discuss what's is happening and what's going to happen next.

Sart

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Re: xxxHolic 144 Discussion/Prediction Thread

This chapter is.... strange. So, what is Yuuko's wish? And why was she so surprised? Any guesses?

Yachiru

Reaction score
Country
United States

Wow, this chapter is sad. I wanted to cry. ;_; XD

I think Yuuko's wish has something to do with Clow, but who knows?

crunchxbar

Reaction score
Country
United States

wow. . . . this is really confusing. but judging from the look of her face, which is normally rare, i think her wish is impossible to fufill. or sumthing like that. . . and what kinda of bond did she mean about syaoran and watanuki? and also, i know yuuko's symbol is a butterfly, but y does she have butterfly wings on her back? and so basically, everything was a dream for watanuki? im so confused. i cant wait till the next chapter when clamp makes things a little clearer.

howi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Folks,

I'm also moved by the chapter very much. Watanuki can be so sincere to help others without asking any pay-back, or even if it may risk his own life. That's something quite different from Yuuko's philosophy. Now, he's finally paying attention to himself, the meaning of his existence. While it looks sad to Watanuki for all the paradoxes - exists in both reality and dream, meeting many others and yet still lonely, making great foods and never know how good he's made... But by the end of this chapter, I rather find both Watanuki and Yuuko are comforting each other, showing their genuine gratitude to each other.

Now, I've got a few wierd thoughts:

* What if Yuuko is Watanuki's mother / creator?
* What is the "price" for Yuuko to tell about her real name is?
* What if Yuuko's wish is Watanuki to take over her place?

nekorose

Reaction score
Country
United States

In accordance with everyone else, it seems, I'm extremely confused... Can someone please explain to me which parts of Watanuki's life is supposedly a dream?

With this and all the Fai stuff in Tsubasa, it seems like it must be CLAMP's mission in life to confuse the heck out of us. :P

howi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

nekorose,

Good question but I think only CLAMP knows at this point. However, I believe it isn't that really matter to the readers because if Watanuki could differentiate what he really "needs" and what he "wants" to do, his "dreams" will become "reality". So he's the one who decides: Changing his future and say goodbye to the past, or live in the past and stay away from the changing future.

My speculation for his sudden "doze-off" / day-dreaming is perhaps his reflex to avoid the bad things, getting hurt or killed right away.

crunchxbar,

Butterfly wings... Hmm... I've never really thought about that much because we all know all the strange costume Yuuko's got. However, it could also be a symbolic sign of "transforming" as well.

Last edited:

nekorose

Reaction score
Country
United States

Thanks, howi!

About the connection between Syaoran and Watanuki, I just had a thought that's probably been said before: Is it possible that Watanuki is some sort of clone of Clow, like Syaoran and his double? Of course, I also subscribe to the "Yuuko is Watanuki's mother" school of thought, and those two theories don't cooperate...

Yachiru

Reaction score
Country
United States

^About the Clow thing, I doubt it. He already has two reincarnations (Eriol and CCS!Sakura's dad), so I don't think he made a clone of himself too. That's going overboard.

nekorose

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ah, I never read CCS... ^^' But that's good to know, thanks!

ImotoChan

Proofreader
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

T_T I cried really bad at this chapter..

Watanuki-kun~

howi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

nekorose,

Well, like Yachiru, I don't think Watanuki could be "another clone" of Clow... put it this way: the chance of being "another double" of Sayoran would be higher than that.

mitokomon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

I don't think watanuki's a clone, but the fact, 'syaoran and watanuki are same' still confuses me... It might be, that they're both changing their futures, or what?! I am really stuck here. -_-'

Uozumi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Does anyone have the schedule for the comming month or two?