Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

thucduyen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 146 Discussion/147 Prediction Thread

so.. the first hand was R!syaoran and the second one is believed to be C!Syaoran or sheishiro. right?
I'm thinking the second one is more likely to be C!SYaoran though...
i wonder what the significance of watanuki's lost glasses was.
oh no! what happened to kohane-chan.
boo clamp for making us wait two weeks.
 
Last edited:

nekorose

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 146 Discussion/147 Prediction Thread

Hmm... well, in the past he's only not worn his glasses when he was dreaming. So maybe this is some kind of transitional stage? Without an (English) translation, I'm stumped!

EDIT:Yay, translation!

Apparently he dropped his glasses in between dimensions? I have... no reaction to that. :P And I hope Kohane is alright too!
 
Last edited:

brilliantlight

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 131 Discussion/Prediction Thread

I think that somehow, watanuki might actually have or be a piece of sakura's feather... Cuz Watanuki's birthday is the same as hers and syaoran made that request to not let watanuki dissapear. Also, watanuki likes to cook and clean, much like sakura. Also, watanuki can see spirits, which is also like sakura...
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic 146 Discussion/147 Prediction Thread

And yet again Syaoran has more cryptic words for Watanuki. I hope Clamp hurry up and reveal whats going on between them.

I also wonder whats happened to Kohane as well? Maybe her evil mother has forced her to move away...
 

Ikue

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 146 Discussion/147 Prediction Thread

I hope Kohane didn't do something too bad to her mother*shiver* last time she wasn't to happy with what her mother did >.<
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

After poking about the MSN group, I found out that the next chapter comes out on December 8, 2007.

You can see for yourself by looking at Sailor Yue's reply to this topic here.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
xxxHolic 147 Discussion/148 Prediction Thread

After a long wait, it's finally here!! :amuse
Get your fix HERE!!

The time has come. Discuss this chapter here guys :) And also feel free to predict what's next too.
Have fun!!
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 147 Discussion/148 Prediction Thread

Meh, finally back! So we're back to the Kohane-Chan arc and she is still being treated like dirt. Not a very satisfying chapter considering the long wait, but I guess it's only normal whith the last couple of chapters being TRC interaction love...

I wonder what Kohane's mom will do now though? I mean, it's pretty obvious she's thinking her daughter lost her powers like everyone else, so I'd think she's either given up on Kohane or is going berserk once more trying to "purify" her. For Watanuki's sake I'll hope it's not the latter :)
 

Terasiel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 147 Discussion/148 Prediction Thread

Did anyone else notice the enormous amount of change in Watanuki present in this chapter? Not that it hasn't been building up, of course; but this chapter included him holding back his anger and being "mature" before being told of Kohane's latest assaults and such.

Personally, I wonder if Kohane's mother is about to become a customer...
 

nekorose

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 147 Discussion/148 Prediction Thread

Personally, I wonder if Kohane's mother is about to become a customer...
You mean to try to get Kohane's powers back or something? That'd be interesting...

And as for Watanuki getting more mature, I'm so proud of him! It's about time. Though I do miss his glasses. ;)
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Here's the current xxxHolic schedule, courtesy of chibiyuuto:

- Next scheduled chapters (red means new):

11/12 - Young Magazine #50 - Chapter 145 - Beginning of tankoubon 13 - 4 color pages (on sale).
11/19 - Young Magazine #51 - Chapter 146.
11/26 - Young Magazine #52 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.
12/03 - Young Magazine #01 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.

Now that the links between Tsubasa and XXXHOLiC are getting thicker, the pace of XXXHOLiC's serialization is going to be really slow. We should be patient ^^"


December release schedule:

- Next scheduled chapters (red means new):

11/26 - Young Magazine #52 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled (on sale).
12/03 - Young Magazine #01 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.
12/10 - Young Magazine #02 - Chapter 147.
12/17 - Young Magazine #03 & 04 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.
12/25 - Young Magazine #05 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.

On the other hand, XXXHOLiC's pace has turn something about one chapter per month.

Courtesy of chibiyuuto.


New release schedule courtesy of chibiyuuto:

- Next scheduled chapters (red means new):

12/17 - Young Magazine #03 & 04 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled (on sale).
12/25 - Young Magazine #05 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.
01/07 - Young Magazine #06 - Chapter 148.
01/21 - Young Magazine #07 - Chapter 149.

There you go, 2 chapters scheduled, I hope the XXXHOLiC fans won't moan this time ^^"
 
Last edited:

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

I'm glad to see we'll get two in a row. Sometimes I think I'd rather wait a longer time just so we'd get more chapters bunched up together.
 

MelandStv

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
16
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
xxxHolic Volume Cover Thread

Hi all,
Finding covers for your fav manga can be, shall we say, painful :s
Here's my findings for xxxHolic. If you have higher quality images please feel free to add them.:D












(Anyone got a better one?)

Enjoy,
Mel
 
Last edited by a moderator:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

New schedule, for Early Jan.

- Next scheduled chapters (red means new):

12/25 - Young Magazine #05 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled (on sale).
01/07 - Young Magazine #06 - Chapter 148.
01/21 - Young Magazine #07 - Chapter 149.
01/28 - Young Magazine #08 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.

Just one addition for XXXHOLiC, and it's not a very pleasant one... ^^"

Thanks to chibiyuuto!!
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic Volume Cover Thread

Thanks MelandStv :nuts

Damn, collecting all these covers must have been pretty hard :shakefist I'm sure this'll be a help to a lot of people.
 

MelandStv

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
16
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic Volume Cover Thread

Not hard; just time consuming:s It's my own fault though because I'm super picky and don't want to settle for a crappy looking one.
The worst time I've had yet is with Fruits Basket, I can find those in every other freaking language but the original Japanese (not all of them just 8, 9, 10 and 11).
Were there any other covers you were looking for? I have quite a few.:)
Mel
 

finalnight

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

why didnt 148 come out this week?
also 178 of tsubasa didnt come out either.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

That's because the (now) regular scanner of the raws, ladydarkmoon, is on holiday, so she won't be able to post up the raws until next Tuesday.


Mid-January schedule, thanks to chibiyuuto:

- Next scheduled chapters (red means new):

01/07 - Young Magazine #06 & #07 - Chapter 148 (on sale).
01/21 - Young Magazine #08 - Chapter 149.
01/28 - Young Magazine #09 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.
02/04 - Young Magazine #09 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.

Here we go again... XXXHOLiC fans, please don't freak out xD
 
Last edited:

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

I think we're working into a pattern of two releases and then a break of 2 to 4 issues dependant on th epace of TRC. Hopefully we can see it back around Valentine's Day, but I'm not going to hold my breath either.
 

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
xxxHolic 148 Discussion/149 Prediction Thread

The new chapter's finally arrived! Grab it HERE!!

Discuss this chapter here, and feel free to predict what's coming up too! :D
 
Top