One Cour Yakusoku no Neverland

Brandish

aka Brandish
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
They got the lighting way wrong in one scene...

Apart from that blunder, the ep was okay. The order of some things is different (e.g something regarding Issy not seen); but we'll see how it works next week.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Country
France
LOL What's with the Tokyo Ghoul posts? :XD It's been a while since i read these chapters, it felt a bit rushed to me but mainly because of the ending with Sister Krone appearing. The episode was fine.

Nii

Black Grail
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Country
Germany
Well I think most people have said what's most important: The episode was "okay", but definitely a downgrade from the first ep. You could basically feel them rushing through the content, that's never a good sign.

Doubt it's going to be anything like Tokyo Ghoul, it's confirmed they will only adapt the first arc this season, so it can't be much more than 3 chapters per episode. Which still isn't easy for a sometimes text-heavy story, but not quite enough to butcher it. I'm somewhat on the fence at the moment, I want to believe they will do the important parts justice, but I also fear to be disappointed with each ep :XD EP2 was somewhere in the middle, but hopefully we will get a less rushed story when it matters most.

Purity of Magi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Germany
To be fair, episode 1 didn't even felt much to me tho. Personally, I just don't find the adaption fitting the manga at all if I just think about other studio's that animated moments like these, so just a bit of disappointment. People liked it, I guess am one of the fewer peoples that found it rather okay. At least, it did cover most parts of chapter 1 - 2, and I personally don't mind order changing but yeah. The only part I kind of liked of episode 1 was the Isabella's face on the end, that was a nice way to end it. The conny part didn't made me shock at all or gave me a ''ohh'' feeling, it made me more lol. Oh well, that's my take on it.

So, now going to episode 2. After watching this episode, I kind of slightly regret offering my free time to watch it. At least, I am not the only one that felt like this episode was quite rushed. It was not bad but it wasn't good either, it was okayish. I mean, like, some details were a bit wrong (the scene Brandish mentioned in his post, I noticed that also during that scene). They left some important parts out also, for example:

I was like waiting for that moment to come but then it was skipped, like some other conversations also that happened during chapter 3 - 5, and I was like ''aha, so it's gonna be go that route?''. In other words, I don't feel like it will be that bad as the Tokyo Ghoul adaption as some mentioned here, however I do feel like it's going to be a bit more as the Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic/Kingdom adapation and that alone for me, that ain't anything good also. Hopefully it will just be an order change, then I guess I wouldn't mind it that much, however the episode in general left me a bitter taste for now. So uhm.. yeah, we will see I guess.

Purity of Magi

Country
Germany
Nah, it's not that much of a biggy guys. You can just open it freely, it doesn't change much if you are only an anime-viewer, just a slight little detail left out atm. I can assure you that. =3=/

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
Nah, it's not that much of a biggy guys. You can just open it freely, it doesn't change much if you are only an anime-viewer, just a slight little detail left out. I can assure you that. =3=/
Maybe it will come later in the anime.who knows...

Crescent Jinx

Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It seems they want to focus on the kids and make Isabella more of a mystery. :XD At least judging on two episodes. Makes me wonder how much they are going to start changing things to make it fit. I wonder if Isabella and Krone’s relationship will be even be explored or will they just save that for a plot twist. :rolleyes:

Arjuna

Country
India
Congrats Cloverworks you ruined one of my favourite arcs.

They are rushing so much and skipping important stuffs.They already crossed 5 chapters in this single Episode.You are reaching Pierrot level now.

Kocksmaw

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
United States
Not a fan of how they're externalizing all of the monologues. Sister Krone talking out loud to her doll(like really?) and Emma just talking out loud while Gilda was right next to her just irks me.

Crescent Jinx

Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Screaming her plans for the entire building to hear for Sister Krone. That was a bit too much. Mainly.... I didn’t like this scene:
:pls -_-; :sweatdrop

It just looked like “meh, we have to include this....”

revo

\ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ/
Mangahelper
Country
Argentina
Better to accept that the episodes are going to be this rushed, but this one felt especially with a bad pacing, it's like if the animators just want to throw all the information as fast as possible; the monologues especially felt like that.
Most of scenes were too fast, and also I feel like they made sister Krone crazy but in a more cringey way. :sweatbunny
Animation is still good tho, and the use of angles in scenes were good as well despite being ruined on how rushed they were.
Giving them props on the last scene before the credits, they have a good way to end the episodes with suspense.

It just looked like “meh, we have to include this....”
Yeah and the first one with Emma, Norman and Ray felt the same, they were making conclusions way too fast :/.

Elusia

Country
Philippines
Geezus, this episode... It's quite a mess. All of these talks when they could have just use them as inner monologues (seriously, who talks about their plans in the open?), information dumps everywhere, even though the anime missed out few yet important details, and some add ons that I'm gonna need to get used to :bored

Despite this, I don't really find it as bad as I thought. I liked some of the scenes and the OST is awesome as always. Though, I gotta feeling that the only thing I like about this adaptation in the end is the soundtrack. Wow.... :facepalm

Overall, I find it pretty average.. and I'll expect like this in future episodes.
They will reach 51-52 chapters in Just 12 episodes if they go by this rate.
Aren't they only going for the orphanage arc? That would be way out of control, especially when I consider them part of the big second arc in the manga.

Arjuna

Country
India
Geezus, this episode... It's quite a mess. All of these talks when they could have just use them as inner monologues (seriously, who talks about their plans in the open?), information dumps everywhere, even though the anime missed out few yet important details, and some add ons that I'm gonna need to get used to :bored

Despite this, I don't really find it as bad as I thought. I liked some of the scenes and the OST is awesome as always. Though, I gotta feeling that the only thing I like about this adaptation in the end is the soundtrack. Wow.... :facepalm

Overall, I find it pretty average.. and I'll expect like this in future episodes.

Aren't they only going for the orphanage arc? That would be way out of control, especially when I consider them part of the big second arc in the manga.
If they continue by 5 chapters in a single Episode they will reach,

Maybe they will slowdown which is needed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw this is what Erin posted long ago

Anime chara design (they might adapt all the arcs till hunting ground, i assume, considering theres Musica, Anon and even Gillian showing in miniature)

+
About airing infos
Seems like this will be highly bad adaptation judging by this speed if it continues.

Wish Bones had actually taken it up and given it a proper adaptation like BNHA.

Crescent Jinx

Country
Kingdom of Fiore
They probably will slow down, and potentially add some stuff. Right now they seem like they have a goal for each episode as oppose to necessarily doing so many chapters per episode. Even if they have to sacrifice some plot parts to keep the action going along with the mystery/horror.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I just worry about them outright changing stuff eventually.

Tux

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
Australia
This was a touchy episode for me. Krone has and always will be m favourite character in the series. The anime thankfully is doing her justice. She's so damn creepy! It's perfect! The animation will never fully recreate that wonderful caricature memery of the manga, but it conveys the same feeling. A feeling that the devil himself has just landed in your home and is ready to pluck the children from their beds. I always sort of misunderstood her sheer size in the manga. She's super buff and therefore makes a load of noise. Greeeeaaattt. Just another way to add to the nightmare. I love Krone so much.

Arjuna

Country
India
They even skipped this Great Panel

Sky

Master of Masters
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
This episode was much better. The tension and the creepy faces. Dayum.

Though for a moment I thought Krone would become a Disney villain. With her singing and all.

Nii

Black Grail
Administrator
Country
Germany
A bit mixed for me. They made Sister Krone creepy but especially stuff like talking to the doll feels like a bit too much... I mean, she's sort of an oddball in the manga too, but not close to a lunatic =/ But for 5 chapters covered, it felt surprisingly good. Certainly not what I was hoping for, but this is probably good enough to get a lot of people into checking out the manga. And it has a relatively good animation and soundtrack going for it as well.

Overall I'm so-so on the adaptation. I feared worse, but I was hoping for something more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)