One Cour Yakusoku no Neverland

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
I have to say, from someone who has never read this series, it's really good! I may take some time to read some of the manga once this series is done.

Those that read the manga first will frequently feel that the story was ruined or tarnished in some way when they watch the anime... but people who watch the anime first rarely say that about the manga. :D
Probably because producing an anime is much more costly than a manga so corners get cut along the way.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Philippines
If they continue by 5 chapters in a single Episode they will reach,

Maybe they will slowdown which is needed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw this is what Erin posted long ago

Seems like this will be highly bad adaptation judging by this speed if it continues.

Wish Bones had actually taken it up and given it a proper adaptation like BNHA.
Ah, geez.... If that's the case, they'll probably end at the middle of the second arc. Probably when...
Either they go to the shelter to find Yuugo and we, as audiences, would see glimpses of Goldy Pond, or Emma alone in that place then we see glimpses of the kids.
I have to say, from someone who has never read this series, it's really good! I may take some time to read some of the manga once this series is done.

Those that read the manga first will frequently feel that the story was ruined or tarnished in some way when they watch the anime... but people who watch the anime first rarely say that about the manga. :D
Probably because producing an anime is much more costly than a manga so corners get cut along the way.
To be fair with you, not all manga readers are disappointed with this adaptation. Some like it, some hate it and some are in-between. Not gonna say why they hate it other than checking the manga to see.

Despite giving it flak, I am happy that the anime watchers love it so much and give it praise. Just seeing those reactions are enough for me to not outright hate it :^_^

deyna

Country
Malaysia
they made krone too creepy lol she wasn't that creepy in manga. yeah i also wished bones to take this project of animating promised neverland. i'm really thankful that noitamina animated it but they need to slow down with their pacing. don't leave out too much important details. rushed pacing will make the story out of place. like i said before, i don't want this anime to end up like tokyo ghoul did.

they need to make this anime into 24 eps, not 12.

Elusia

Country
Philippines
Wow, they went from adapting 5 chapters to 2 (I believe) :tem
Gg Cloverworks.

But anyways, this is easily my favorite episode so far. While I'm not going to get over those few misses and the inner monologue cut, this is quite solid. The progression, the characters, and that solid OST. Gets me everytime! :hearts

Can't wait to see them potray the aftermath of the traitor reveal next week. The battle of wits continue! :zomg

Crescent Jinx

Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Wow, they went from adapting 5 chapters to 2 (I believe) :tem
Gg Cloverworks.

But anyways, this is easily my favorite episode so far. While I'm not going to get over those few misses and the inner monologue cut, this is quite solid. The progression, the characters, and that solid OST. Gets me everytime! :hearts

Can't wait to see them potray the aftermath of the traitor reveal next week. The battle of wits continue! :zomg
Next episode is what I am looking forward to!

deyna

Country
Malaysia
i like the scene of ray, emma and norman walking up the stairs, i mean from the camera/the kids' perspective. it's like u watch a horror movie
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

the demons call their boss " ano kata" means "that person" in anime

tsubakikun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
Gotei 13
I like Sister Krone in the anime. I feel like I could approach her and wouldn't be creeped out. Though I just laugh when Isabelle called her out for being Tomboy.

OtakuFreak

Country
Fun Forum
Holy shit, this series is pretty amazing and I'm only on the fourth episode and haven't began to read the manga yet. If I do, should I read from the first chapter to experience the content of the four episodes fully from the manga's side or continue from where the anime has left off?

Can anyone direct me to where episode four leads off by any chance? Where Norman calls Ray a traitor?

Sister Krone's faces though are fucking :cheez:cheez

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
When you read the manga... please wait till after the anime ends... Then start the manga from the beginning.
That usually is the best way when comparing the anime vs the manga version.
You don't want to spoil this story, so just enjoy the anime ride first... then enjoy the slightly different and yet better quality manga version (usually better quality anyway).

If you start reading now, you'll spoil the anime before you finish it.

That's been my experience previously, and what I'm planning on doing this time too.

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Holy shit, this series is pretty amazing and I'm only on the fourth episode and haven't began to read the manga yet. If I do, should I read from the first chapter to experience the content of the four episodes fully from the manga's side or continue from where the anime has left off?

Can anyone direct me to where episode four leads off by any chance? Where Norman calls Ray a traitor?

No read the manga from the beginning. It’s better that way.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Country
India

The adaptation isn't that good especially the second and third Episode which basically butchered the manga by rushing and skipping stuff, though the current Episode was good,

Better start from chapter 1.

Cycnea

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Ep 2 was a downer for me tbh :sweatdrop
Ep 3 was quite fun, surprisingly (not sure if I can say it adapted well, but some parts was fun regardless. I like the first tag part, and Krone was hilarious).
Ep 4 was better. The music set up the atmosphere differently compared to when I read the manga. It felt somehow less tense and more sad, but enjoyable either way. The last scenes made me feel Norman feeling bad for doubting his best friend. Though the truth is yet to be revealed.

Ep 5 preview looks sick. I'm a manga reader yet I felt spoiled watching it XD It's an important episode I'm waiting for, so I really hope it's done well.
That said, maybe I still need to slightly lower my expectation and forget the corresponding chapters for now.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Episode 5:
Well, that was stressful!
I wonder if they will have to sacrifice someone to get info on the hidden room?
If that room is for communication, is the communication gear on all the time or is it off until activated? If it is active, they may actually see whoever goes in there so any kids that do will automatically be identified.

deyna

Country
Malaysia
after watching ep 5: they even made don and gilda dumber in the anime.. oh my goodness.

Elusia

Country
Philippines
Episode 5 is alright overall, but for all of its worth, the good stuff, particularly the beautiful and intense first half, overshadows the bad ones, so I guess that's good.

I am worried that they're removing a lot of manga scenes and adding anime-only scenes which might result in an anime-only ending. While I'm not gonna spoil too much and just say that I'm not a big fan of the manga ending, the possible different ending might be a lot worse. They also left out yet another very crucial plot point in that second half. (You manga readers know what I'm talking about) But we'll just see from here.

As a manga reader, I like and hate it at the same time. But looking at it as an original piece, it's another decent episode o/

Kurara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Indonesia
The latter half indeed got me worried. Hello, Don and Gilda! Remember you guys are supposed to cook dinner?!?

It better be Krone. The one who tried to open the door...

shipleyy

Country
United States
Hey all !
I’m late to the party but I just started getting into this one and I’m already really interested in this one. I’m on episode three and will watch the other two later tonight, but I intend to read and catch up on the manga.

This story is well displayed even from the Pilot and I love the visuals. It’s has this really ominous and eerie tone to it while contrasting luminous vibes from the main cast. I can’t wait to dive into this one and I hope to talk with many of you in the manga threads after I get all caught up !

Orphan meat factory is such a morbid idea, I love the premise of this show already.

@OtakuFreak idk about you but I intend to start from chapter 1, just solely so I can really get the full feel from it and not miss anything the anime leaves out.

Happy to meet new people here ! :derp

qazkurei

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
Philippines
EP 6 was too heavy..damn those emotions in between two scenario emma ray norman vs don gilda..come on!! this episode was so sick..im a manga reader still, I felt the episode is more intense than reading it.
Been watching it with my friends who are non manga reader, when the anime introduced William Minerva, I smiled!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)