- Joined
- Jul 19, 2010
- Messages
- 1,272
- Reaction score
- 1,354
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Sure, but when you say that said messages would elicit a ban if you were a moderator, or claiming that you'd educate people by elaborating on a certain point, you're pretty much applying a form of censorship to someone's speech just because it might offend someone, or compelling them to speak in a certain way that doesn't conflict with your own values. Any sort of argument is bound to have micro-agressions, because it's always about confronting ideas and beliefs, and that's somewhat agressive by nature. The distinction between that and hate speech is not as thin as some people make it out to be, and I hope you understand that I'm speaking in broad terms, not specifically, although it obviously derived from this topic in particular.When I'm calling out transphobic messages I'm not saying you actively hate trans person, I'm saying you're committing micro-aggressions.
This goes beyond the topic at hand, but rather on the way people conduct themselves over an argument.
Anyways, I'm jumping ship on this back and forth between us. I think we've both explained our points.
