Discussion - Zahard....#goodorevil | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Zahard....#goodorevil

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
short & simple.....

I think zahard is the true enemy here and playing everyone against each other....

he takes the daughters of the main families and hold contracts over the guardians....

so,basically...as far as we know now....is zahard good or evil to you...thoughts

:cop

Nast.J

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I believe Zahard is too complex to be categorized as only evil or only good.

The way Ha Jinsung spoke about the goal of FUG was very clear to me, He left his family and everything behind just to pursue this goal.This can only mean one thing, Zahard did some bad things and it's normal, you can't just be the king of a Tower without making enemies along the way, especially when he's going to get blamed when any man of his empire happens to do something bad to someone else. Just look at people like Len/Ren, they're crazy as fuck but work under Zahard, who's going to get blamed if they do something that isn't liked or approved by many? Zahard of course.

I believe the royal enforcement divisions can also act without orders just like when Ren attacked Anak/Androssi because he felt they could be/become threats to Zahard.

However Zahard probably did some good things as well such as protecting everyone that belongs to his empire and probably many unknown stuffs.

I'm still wondering what's in the 135th floor and why Zahard is sleeping.

To summarize, A King is a King, he will always be hated by some and loved by some. And only him can know if deep down,he's evil or good.:edu

Last edited:

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would agree...but all we have seen is he....forced his will/power on daughters of the 10 families....

doesn't sound to righteous to me....

abc1233

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I would agree...but all we have seen is he....forced his will/power on daughters of the 10 families....

doesn't sound to righteous to me....
Forced? I thought the position of Princess was highly sought after. If anyone forced the girls into becoming princesses, it would be their own families, not Zahard. The only request that Zahard had for the Princesses was not to have children so his power doesn't spread, and in return they gained a power which put them above other beings in the tower in addition to influence that very few people can match.

We don't really know enough about Zahard to consider him good or evil. Fair enough RED has made some unethical decisions but that was when Zahard was sleeping, so whether we can actually hold Zahard to account for their actions is unclear. You could argue that his system encourages people to betray one another and so call him evil, but at the same time his system has most likely saved many people from an otherwise very poor life, Teddy included, and given them opportunities that they would otherwise have never had.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Forced? I thought the position of Princess was highly sought after. If anyone forced the girls into becoming princesses, it would be their own families, not Zahard. The only request that Zahard had for the Princesses was not to have children so his power doesn't spread, and in return they gained a power which put them above other beings in the tower in addition to influence that very few people can match.
well,i would have to say maybe the families are pressured/scared/obligated by contract...

as far as becoming a princess...i'd imagine that ofc it would be sought after in this cut-throat selfish world within the tower...to become strong and have royal power.to me zahard's claiming of the daughters(strong ones to boot,not just any daughter/from any of the fams) is to keep the families under foot by keeping them from birthing a child that may become a threat to him or his throne...

thinking about it....I think irregulars may just be the result of zahard princesses having children and being cast away outside the tower

abc1233

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
well,i would have to say maybe the families are pressured/scared/obligated by contract...

as far as becoming a princess...i'd imagine that ofc it would be sought after in this cut-throat selfish world within the tower...to become strong and have royal power.to me zahard's claiming of the daughters(strong ones to boot,not just any daughter/from any of the fams) is to keep the families under foot by keeping them from birthing a child that may become a threat to him or his throne...

thinking about it....I think irregulars may just be the result of zahard princesses having children and being cast away outside the tower
There's been nothing to suggest that the families are pressured, if anything they probably see it as an opportunity based on the RED guy's comments about the princess candidate in his family.

If that's the case then why only limit it to females? If Zahard truly wanted to get control of the strongest people that the families produce then he'd include the males and enforce the same chastity law.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's been nothing to suggest that the families are pressured, if anything they probably see it as an opportunity based on the RED guy's comments about the princess candidate in his family.

If that's the case then why only limit it to females? If Zahard truly wanted to get control of the strongest people that the families produce then he'd include the males and enforce the same chastity law.
well if he take the strongest daughters...that's killing two birds with one stone....
relieving the family of a strong member and narrowing the possibilities of the family's gene pool so to speak...

I don't know...it all sounds iffy to me....but you may be right...a lot maybe happening without his consent/say so........

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Evil is not the word I would use. Strict is the first word that come to mind. Zahard did reward the guys with whom he climbed the tower. He put a system in place, he seems to stick to it.

The real evil characters in ToG seems to be the ones ready to sacrify anything to reach their goal. And zahard was strong enough & didn't need to sacrifiy everything to control the first part of the tower. He is no Rachel

Dacomp89

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
well if he take the strongest daughters...that's killing two birds with one stone....
relieving the family of a strong member and narrowing the possibilities of the family's gene pool so to speak...

I don't know...it all sounds iffy to me....but you may be right...a lot maybe happening without his consent/say so........
There's nothing to suggest that he 'takes' them. Nothing to suggest that becoming a princess isn't an entirely voluntary process. Androssi said that she worked very hard to become a princess, indicating that she at least wanted to become one. Everything we've seen indicates that it is a great honor for a family to have a princess and they are all trying to get as many as possible.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll say Good but flawed.

I'm guessing from the way the tower is set up that he believes he is doing what he's doing for the good of everyone, bringing stability to the tower. But as the old saying goes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." His rules and stability have come at real cost for people like Anak. And control from another perspective can be oppression.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I will be annoyed if Zahard is branded as Good or Evil. It will be more incredible if SIU uses the concept of politics and to assert that ppl are striving for their own need and hence zahard being an anti party to Baam instead of being Evil

TheBoss

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think that if zahard ever got to fight Chestnut without the FUG meddling between, it will be because zahard fears him. Kinda like they should have made baam fail at the floor of test at all costs.

suraj5898

Reaction score
Country
India

r u saying in TOG girls r powerful and boys r useless ???

i mean if u see he didnt "take" all girls but only 1 girl from them at a time. u cant say one he get r only powerful and other r weak + if as u said he take them from their family can u tell me one name of princess who is sad or mad because she become princess

about he b evil we dont now anything about him. for regular betraying each others its not his doing if u have read TOG all floor need them to support each other and not betray each others

NoT LucK e

Reaction score
Country
United States
So does anyone think Zahard might be a Irregular?

Or has it already been said that he isnt one?

halfcrzy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wasnt it semi implied he was an irregular? I mean to get tested from the guardian directly, you had to to be an irregular and zahard received a test from all the guardians going up the tower.

abc1233

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So does anyone think Zahard might be a Irregular?

Or has it already been said that he isnt one?
He is technically an irregular, didn't think that was under any dispute.

NoT LucK e

Reaction score
Country
United States
He is technically an irregular, didn't think that was under any dispute.
Ah yea I didnt know.

Guess i missed that or something..idk lol

Nast.J

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Wasnt it semi implied he was an irregular? I mean to get tested from the guardian directly, you had to to be an irregular and zahard received a test from all the guardians going up the tower.
Also he came from outside of the tower and to get inside the tower, you need to be accepted by the tower itself so that makes him an irregular. So yes, Zahard along with the 10 leaders of the 10 great families are all irregulars.

suraj5898

Reaction score
Country
India
Also he came from outside of the tower and to get inside the tower, you need to be accepted by the tower itself so that makes him an irregular. So yes, Zahard along with the 10 leaders of the 10 great families are all irregulars.
i dont think 10 leaders of the 10 great families are irregulars they r just one who help him (his team)

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
IIrc, the 10 Great Warriors are all irregulars, since they entered the Tower with Zahard. People like Grace Mirchea Luslec, who helped the 10 Great Warriors while they were climbing the Tower, aren't irregulars.