- Joined
- Jan 20, 2006
- Messages
- 4,353
- Reaction score
- 4,232
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I went over chapter 109 again (I was actually looking for something else entirely but whatever) and came to the panel where Fraudrin explains the dangers of the Sins. I am now more than ever convinced that the one who replied with "Ah, Meliodas" was Estarossa, due to his (unhealthy) fixation with his elder brother.
So now I'm still wondering, how and why does Hendricksen seem to recall that voice? It's a mystery to me. I can't piece it all together how Elizabeth saw Estarossa in Mel's armor in her dream or memory and how Hendricksen apparently recognizes a voice that is either Zeldris or Estarossa (though Estarossa really seems to fit the whole situation a lot more now).
Almost all people I have seen musing on the three brothers believe that Meliodas is unchanging in his appearance because the manga simply gives that impression. But what if Meliodas also lives out several life cycles? If you think about it, the periods in history where we have concrete reference points have huge unknown gaps between them. We know that Mel looked like he does 3000 years ago. We know that he looked like it several hundred years prior to the story line. We know that he looked like this when he was in Danafor, so basically up to 20+ years ago.
Theoretically there is enough time in between for a natural lifespan. Could it be that Meliodas has "died" (but not really, only reverted to his small child-like state) several times and been incarnated into the same body over and over again, much like the goddess apostle/Liz reincarnates in different women? So could there have been a moment in time where Meliodas was indeed grown up and both Hendricksen and Elizabeth remember that? Hendricksen respectively remembers it through Fraudin's implanted memory (since he was shortly possessed by him), Elizabeth remembers it from a previous incarnation?
So now I'm still wondering, how and why does Hendricksen seem to recall that voice? It's a mystery to me. I can't piece it all together how Elizabeth saw Estarossa in Mel's armor in her dream or memory and how Hendricksen apparently recognizes a voice that is either Zeldris or Estarossa (though Estarossa really seems to fit the whole situation a lot more now).
Almost all people I have seen musing on the three brothers believe that Meliodas is unchanging in his appearance because the manga simply gives that impression. But what if Meliodas also lives out several life cycles? If you think about it, the periods in history where we have concrete reference points have huge unknown gaps between them. We know that Mel looked like he does 3000 years ago. We know that he looked like it several hundred years prior to the story line. We know that he looked like this when he was in Danafor, so basically up to 20+ years ago.
Theoretically there is enough time in between for a natural lifespan. Could it be that Meliodas has "died" (but not really, only reverted to his small child-like state) several times and been incarnated into the same body over and over again, much like the goddess apostle/Liz reincarnates in different women? So could there have been a moment in time where Meliodas was indeed grown up and both Hendricksen and Elizabeth remember that? Hendricksen respectively remembers it through Fraudin's implanted memory (since he was shortly possessed by him), Elizabeth remembers it from a previous incarnation?
