Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?
It isn't wise to take one piece of evidence as absolute and ignore everything else. Infoboxes show titles, not facts. WB is recognized as the "strongest" because of his reputation, which BB purposely lacks. And the infobox which labeled WB as the "strongest man in the world" came long before Oda gave proper hype to BB's character.
By the infoxbox Oda himself is talking. Since Oda already knew about BB's darkness fruit and still stated some1 else (WB) the strongest, means BB is currently not the strongest! If BB should have eaten his fruit after WB introduction, then his title could be invalid. Lets say Oda didn't state him as the strongest, but only Buggy did. Then u could be right, since Buggy couldn't have known about BB darkness fruit. But Oda, who writes the infobox in his viewpoint knew about BB' power and strength and still he stated WB as the strongest.
Anyway, if like u say BB is stronger, then why didn't he killed WB as he was on his ship?
I believe I already know how u will answer
WB's era is coming to an end and BB is going to claim WB's title of "strongest". A single infobox isn't going to change that fact.
U just talked about the furtue, with what mainly everyone agrees. In this discussion we are talking about the present. Get it in ur brain: future =|= present !
If u have enough time, could u plz also read the last part of my post, after the mark line.
Strongest swordsman and possesing the ultimate power isn't the same as saying he's the strongest.
I wasn't only referring to Zoro's "Ultimate Power" comment rather on his whole goal after Mwk. I can't find a page where it is explained, so I was posting the ulimate power thing.
I think it's quite funny that you don't think he's considered bye all the strongest just cause Oda doesn't make every pirate say this while you're saying it's a damn fact so no-one in OP should doubt Whitebeard's supremacy at least if they aren't arrogant & brainless. He just took Buggy to relay this piece of information.
My point is,
if Oda wouldn't had stated him as the strongest then Buggy's comment alone wouldn't be enough to say WB is the strongest. Seriously if that was the case, even I would think BB is the strongest. Whether or not everyone acknowledge WB as the strongest was not shown, he was so far only put on a high lvl. It doesn't matter what we (you and me) are thinking, if there are no facts.
Well since you take the infoboxes so damn literally and it says 320 mil and Luffy is only 300 mil then shouldn't Moria have beaten Luffy? And tbh I don't see the point of the references.
I never said Bounty represents some1 fighting power. My point was and still is that Oda gave us (reader) the information about Gecko, that his former bounty was 320M. Without that infobox we wouldn't have known about this. It (infobox) contains character information.
Well since we were discussing the strongest guy in OP I don't see the need to involve people that don't have anything to do with the subject. And I think you put it quite well yourself. You call it infoboxes, info for information which doesn't always equalize absolute law. I think you're taking one little infobox way to damn literally (again repeating myself) when it's role only was to shown the pure awesomeness of Whitebeard that he is.
My point is: the infoxbox represents what ODA says, basically it is like he speaking. He said Kuma's former bounty is 325M, he said Akainu's former name or real name is Sakazaki and he also said WB is the strongest. I repeat it's not that any character is speaking, those infobox contains information by ODa which are neutral.
So basically Im asking, why do u dispute WB's title but not the other things which was revealed in the infobox? the same infobox.. just be fair
Well you did get what I was trying to relay, except the fact about that he ain't anymore the strongest. That's something I leave in the middle, he could still be the strongest, but it's obvious that they are some contenders ready to take that title away from him, with Blackbeard beeing the most obvious one.
I never said he is unreachable, Im also one of those saying he will fall. Just at this moment he is the strongest, be it just 1% stronger than the 2nd.
http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000440/17.jpg
Blackbeard saying he's the strongest, and I doubt Oda made him say that to make him look arrogant and brainless (especially cause he's quite clever seeing he had planned it all out for decades). Just like Oda writes the infoboxes he writes the lines for his characters. Oda contradicting himself in his own story? Having two strongest chars is quite impossible.
On that scan BB is talking (not Oda). Its not like he (BB) knows every human in the world. He puts himself as the strongest without knowing that. Oda let BB talk according to his view and based on his personality. Similar example:
Kamukuri (spelling?) said Enel is invincible. Is that true? No. Kamukri probably didn't know about rubber and maybe seastone. Oda let Kamakuri speak according to his view and based on his personality. Same with BB, he let him speak according to his view.
Enel's attitude is maybe the best to compare with BB. He also thought he was strongest, without ever being on blue sea. Also plz read what
paradox (3rd paragraph) explained. Those infobox is as Oda (narrator) himself is talking, those are
neutral. U can't counter them with some characters words.
I was expecting that to be known as common sense in the manga/comic world. Sth like that is also learned in schools, german at least: Interpretation on novels etc (or sth like that, don't know the correct English term)
If it would be so damn obvious as you think it is there wouldn't be so many discussions about it, and no it's not cause the vast majority of people discussing are to retarded to realize that that infobox is absolute law (though I'm sure you'll disagree with this).
One Piece has a large fanbase. Each fan has probably his favourite char, who he thinks or he want him to be strongest. My favourite char is Garp, I want him to be the strongest in One Piece. But I have enough brain to realize that he is not. Therefore there are many discussion, coz of fanboys. <-My opinion (not saying it is fact)
You got nothing substantial backing up those claims either, most seem even highly unlikely.
Exactly, its just a theory of mine, I never said it is fact. Though Imo its not unlikely, but if u don't' agree, then its fine. Its ur choice, ur freedom. But on WB's case Oda himself said he is the strongest, so it's not ur choice.
And I'll repeat, I did gave some serious arguments, it's just cause you don't consider them serious arguments cause you disagree and taking one sentence to literally that I have to keep reinventing new arguments.
I'm sry, I know u r serious about ur comments. Just ur reasoning is based on assumptions, thus they have no real value. It is similar to my theory about BBvsWB. It is also based on only assumptions.
It's like Bittman (if I remember right) asked, are Kizaru & Rayleigh suddenly swordsmen cause they were fighting with swords?
My answer: Fighter who are mainly (only) using swords in their battles are swordsman: Zoro! We don't know if Kizaru and Ray are swordsman's, just because they did a swordplay doesn't say they are swordsman.
Though I believe Ray is a swordsman. Too lazy to explain why, if u r interested in my opinion I will explain it later.
Btw I think it's even more safe to say that you want that title you can only use a sword. I don't think if Luffy beats him with gear second and then takes out a sword to finish him that he'll get the title like that. And a lot of people think that Shanks who could've added some styles to his swordsmanship which doesn't make him a true swordsman anymore.
Wait.. Hä!? did u rly read my theory about Shanks and Mwk or in general posts about them?
Nightmare Luffy for example was using a sword to cut Oz. Now is he a swordsman? No. Why? 'coz he mainly fought with his bare hands. If Luffy should beat Mwk, then Luffy
is not automatically the strongest swordsman. The title strongest swordsman can be only held by ppl who are using swords.
It doesn't make any sense to call a barehanded fighter or a gunner the strongest swordsman just because they have beaten the strongest swordsman (I know u didn't said that).
Anyway Im putting Shanks vs Mwk aside, coz I don't think that is relevant in this topic. Also about the Databook, seriously unless there is a official statement, these books are from Oda. I can't trust any rumour.
correct me if im wrong but wasnt it said that mihawk was the "greatest swordsman in the world", which implies his sword skills are no.1 which doesnt make him strongest person in the world
That is just the words the Manga Editor used. Give me 1h and I will bring u 20 posts, where everyone is calling him the strongest swordsman.
____________________________________________________________
Tbh I don't understand, why should Oda state WB as the strongest if he is not? If its just to value his postilion, then Oda could have written : former strongest. I mean he is said to be one of the Yonkou, all the current war commotion and he was said equally to Roger. There is no need to state him as the strongest if its just to value his position.
BB was revealed in the same chapter as WB was introduced. If BB is stronger, then why wasn't he stated as the strongest? I repeat Oda was the one, so he already knew about BB darkness fruit.
I just showed my brother (who is not interested in OP) WB and asked him who is the strongest in this story. He said: "fuck you, don't waste my time" (sth like this translated). Believe me or not, but that is true. Basically Im asking why would Oda confuse his reader/fans. If WB is currently the strongest, then he is. I have also a older brother, I refrain from asking him or I will get killed.
btw Oda: all knowing = narrator => infobox -> truth (neutral)