Discussion Strongest character in One Piece?

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Well I'm still with the Whitebeard is strongest guys, but I'll stick with "strongest only now as he is unchallenged/has-a-strong-crew". Throw the Oda placard at me all you want, but then you'd be saying that Oda attributes strength to fighting ability alone which is a pretty shallow reading.

Also going to say, Oda does revise things. I think the info-box is safe for now, but I'm not going to say that writer's don't make grand statements about something to hype it up only to make the fall that much grander. That would be lying.

Anyway:
- On Crane/Tsuru: is not a vice-admiral, but the grand tactician. Thanks for playing paradoxe.
- Sengoku: Nothing says he was an admiral, though I do believe he has been. Don't confuse what has been officially stated and what is incredibly likely.
- Aokoji: Sorry, I have read both the trans and yellow databook which stated Aokoji as the strongest, thanks for the comparison Imitorar. I can still say I think Aokoji is the strongest admiral, buuuuut now I have no backing other than I like his plot-developed-odds.
- Shanks: no argument has convinced me he is a swordsman, but you've all tried pretty hard so I'll log it in the recesses of my One Piece arguments.
- 5-star elders: not strong, unless chess or Age of Empires is the fight. In which case, Whitebeard is not the strongest in the world.
 

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Shanks could definitely be stronger than Mihawk despite being less skilled with a sword, especially now that we've seen how significant haki is.

I think a good indication of Dragon's personal power is the fact that Smoker (who unquestionably beat Luffy and fought even with Ace) didn't even bother trying to capture him, Smoker knew Dragon was way out of his league.

As regards Aokiji, the man did take a Gomu Gomu no Pistol straight to the stomach and barely flinched.

I would agree though that Sengoku is likely stronger than the admirals, he was an admiral himself once after all.

Also in terms of raw strength, what about Jaguar D. Saul? Dude threw a battle ship. He lost to Aokiji but he wasn't really fighting him either, he just kind of resigned to how stupidly powerful logia fruits are.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Giving someone a title ain't the same as saying he's unrivaled and unbeatable. I don't want to keep repeating myself just cause you think a little box represents absolute law when in shonen mangas that's far from the truth. Oda wanted to show his strength and the man considered bye all the people in OP as nr 1 ]rather then saying to the audience this is the world strongest man who no-one can beat.
Mihawk is acknowledged as the strongest by living character of the story : Old man from Baraty || Zoro

Beside Buggy no-one acknowledged WB as the strongest. But Buggy was already once confronted with WB as he was weak/small, so he fears him, imo that's not as neutral as the old man's comment about Mwk. Buggy also said strongest pirate, so there can be technically a stronger marine, also he couldn't have known about BB's darkness fruit.. just saying Buggy's statement alone isn't enough to describe WB position in the story, that is the strongest human.

Now the purpose of the infobox: I know u won't like this but I will try to explain by giving some examples. The infoxboxes gives information about characters, which is mostly not (accurate) known/said in the manga.

Example: Gecko Moria: Robin said his former bounty surpasses Luffy, but we didn't heard a exact number. || Later as Gecko was introduced, we find out the exact number of his former bounty.

If the infoxbox says sth, then it's like Oda himself talking. I don't see you questioning Mwk's title or Gecko's, Kuma's or Flamingo's former bounty's. But why WB's title? (serious question, not making fun of u). Thankx to those infoxbes we knew about Akainu real name, Sakazaki. Now ur comment"far from truth", do u still believe in it? Imo you are only picking what do u like. I don't know for what reason u want WB not to be the strongest, but Oda himself said that. So I guess we better go with Oda's words. I mean can u prove Oda saying he is not the strongest?

Didn't the vast majority of OP fans think anyway that he got that title cause he tied against Roger?
Doesn't the vast majory of the human world believes in god? So its proven now that god exists? I don't fucking care what the vast majority thinks about WB. I only care what Oda thinks, since its his work (and who are arguing with me).

Didn't I answer it my previous post why Oda didn't state him as former strongest?
I did, but I don't get it. I believe you were saying and plz correct me if I misunderstood sth, that by stating him as the strongest, describes his strength, his position and his value in the one piece story. Also that WB's title, is only a title, which hasn't contested since Roger, basically he is not anymore the strongest. I'm right? IF yes, then why was it necessary to state him as the current strongest and not former? (I know same question) I mean, if u call some1 the former strongest and state him as one of the four strongest pirates and even with all that war commotion, do you think some would think he is not that strong?

I repeat, WB is not untouchable. Im just saying he is the strongest like Oda did. Basically the 2nd strongest could just by 1% weaker. So if the 2nd strongest and some cannon fodder marine would fight against WB, technically they would win over WB <- I know this scenario is not possible but just trying to explain my viewpoint.

Im saying WB would win every foe in a fair 1vs1 fight, without any advantages for either of them, basically on a neutral field. Ur viewpoint is based as far as I get only on assumptions, you don't have any proof, which is impossible, since Oda himself is saying sth else.

Does it seriously make any sense to you now?
Your post? I do understand ur viewpoint, but I mostly disagree. Or what I wrote? yes it still does.

[..] Go reread it, and it's not cause you personally find my irl comparisation flawed that I have to think it's flawed. I'm sure just like you think people are retarded for not taking that info box as an absolute truth they are thinking that you are beeing awfull smallminded just cause it said in an info box.
Im seriously laughing right now. Yes, I think reading Oda's work but doubtig his words is retarded. But no Im not small-minded. If u can present some serious arguments/proofs of WB not being the strongest then u can convince me. Like paradox and biteman convinced me that Ace does have a bounty, like Ono convinced me that Kiz had slightly the upper hand while fighting Ray, like you convinced me that Blueno's ability in combine with CP9 would have much effective against a PX.

So plz don't call me small-minded and Im not a fanboy (not saying that u said that) of Oda/WB. If u can bring some valuable arguments then u should have no problem to convince me. Im not some1 who would argue about a obvious losing debate. Just some personal information about me .. so I guess oftopic xD

Again you are twisting my words even on the same matter.
I used or to separate the reasons. That part of my post was not only directed at you, I was speaking generally. So I didn't twisted ur words, if it seemed like that way, sry about that, u must have misunderstood my poor english.

This is actually the part that confuses me the most, I thougth I saw you saying somewhere that Blackbeard is probably at his strongest atm and won't be getting any power ups seeing he's as old as Shanks and Mihawk. Then I'm quite sure I saw you also saying somewhere that Blackbeard could possible defeat Whitebeard during the war which is simply impossible with your reasoning of Whitebeard beeing the world strongest and Blackbeard having had 0 power ups since his first introduction. Or you have to be of opinion that a lot of people are going to tire Whitebeard out or injure him and then Blackbeard just steps in to take the credit of the win.
It's a war not a duel. I never said WB will fight 1vs1 with BB. WB will lose fighting 1vs2 or more.

If BB should be stronger than WB, then he could have killed him as he ate his fruit on WB' ship. I mean there was probably no-one around as BB killed Sacci, so he could have sneaked from behind and killed WB. BB was at that moment still a crewmate of WB and since he was for decades on his ship, I assume he was known and trusted. There shouldn't have been any problem for BB to talk with WB alone. He didn't cause he is not powerful enough to beat him.

But I still believe BB is at his peak. Just the impression I get from him. After WB' lose in power or even his death, BB shouldn't have any more any hindrance, (Luffy not counted).

Im seriously surprised. Thank you for reading my posts and giving even thoughts about them. Makes me happy that some1 is considering my posts.

I did read it but I've also read Imotorar's post about the Databooks beeing more for fun ($) then beeing absolutely true seeing they are not written bye Oda.
Not like Im saying Imotorar is a liar. But he has to backup his claim with some kind of official statement. Otherwise I can't believe that. Lets say I'm claiming that Oda is a racists, that's why he didn't draw much black character in his work. Would u believe that? I don't think so.

Oda's name is mentioned on sell pages. If I was Oda, I wouldn't have let my name abused for selling purpose. By doing this his work will get confused among his fans, by perhaps discrepancies between his work and that of the databooks. So to avoid that, he must have worked personally or at least indirectly on the databooks. Whereby he should have control about the content of the databook.

In the databooks were things revealed, which wasn't in manga mentioned. Like the names of the Buster Call VA. So its not only a recap of the manga.


About ur last part regarding Shanks: It makes sense. Shanks could have learned other styles to backup his left arm. Im not denying the possibility. But I don't think he would have given up on being a swordsman. A man who uses a gun or martial arts, without his word is not a swordsman.

- Sengoku: Nothing says he was an admiral, though I do believe he has been. Don't confuse what has been officially stated and what is incredibly likely.
In Robin's Ohara timeskip, it was said that he is a Admiral. Panel 6
 
Last edited:

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

- On Crane/Tsuru: is not a vice-admiral, but the grand tactician. Thanks for playing paradoxe.
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Vice_Admiral
Shes listed there. I'm pretty sure her role is that of a tactician..but thats her job not her rank. Just like how Sengoku's rank is Fleet Admiral but his job is Commander in Chief of the Marines and possibly the liaison between the 5 Stars and the Marines (considering what he said in this chapter: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/490/07/).

- Sengoku: Nothing says he was an admiral, though I do believe he has been. Don't confuse what has been officially stated and what is incredibly likely.
Ya know I cbfed to find the chapter where it was stated..but hes the admiral who ordered the buster call on Ohara 22 years ago. So it kinda is official.

Unless being in the manga isn't official enough for you.

Twenty years ago before the current storyline, Sengoku used to be a mere Admiral. During his time as an Admiral, he received orders from the World Government to carry out a secret mission.

from OP wikia, only because wikipedia doesn't seem to have any information on Sengoku any more..
 

Dark_Pirate_King

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

well imho the infobox said that WB is "strongest man in world,GREAT PIRATE" it sounded like he is strongest in terms of physical strenght..it would have been different story if it said something like "currently the strongest pirate"

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/12-13/

but of course wb can be the strongest...
 

DutchPhoenix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
651
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Shanks could definitely be stronger than Mihawk despite being less skilled with a sword, especially now that we've seen how significant haki is.

I think a good indication of Dragon's personal power is the fact that Smoker (who unquestionably beat Luffy and fought even with Ace) didn't even bother trying to capture him, Smoker knew Dragon was way out of his league.

As regards Aokiji, the man did take a Gomu Gomu no Pistol straight to the stomach and barely flinched.

I would agree though that Sengoku is likely stronger than the admirals, he was an admiral himself once after all.

Also in terms of raw strength, what about Jaguar D. Saul? Dude threw a battle ship. He lost to Aokiji but he wasn't really fighting him either, he just kind of resigned to how stupidly powerful logia fruits are.

as far we know, shanks lost from mihawk and ur saying hes stronger coz hes a younko with his pirate crew in the NW?

if shanks really was more powerfull then mihawk, then it should be

shanks, greatest swordsman in the world.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

It has never been indicated that Shanks lost to Mihawk (correct me if I'm wrong). What we do know is that they fought at several occations, but we don't know the outcome of those duels.

While Mihawk is labeled "greatest swordsman", though, it's still possible that Shanks is stronger, despite being slightly less skilled in fencing. Just in the same way that, say, Rock Lee is stronger than many other ninjas despite not knowing Genjutsu or Ninjutsu.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Shanks is called former rival of Mwk, while he is called strongest swordsman. Imo it is enough to explain who is superior.

My theory about them is posted a page before, if some1 is interested. Anyway WB will own both of them in a fair 1vs1.. :p
 
Last edited:

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Please tell me how Oda-sensei can make it more obvious for you.

Its in a freaking INFOBOX for god's sake. I don't see anyone questioning Gol D Roger achieving Pirate King status, or Mihawk's Strongest Swordsman status even though we know he would be defeated in the future by Zoro. Even though it is very likely that WB will be defeated, it doesn't mean that hes not the strongest man just because of speculation from fans.

How can Oda convey the fact that hes the strongest man to you? I mean, if an infobox isn't enough..do you want it printed on every page, highlighted, in italics, bold or what? How can that information get through to you?
You're saying the dude who scarred a yonkou before he gained the world's strongest DF and became a Shichibukai despite having a 0 bounty (they're supposed to scare pirates you know) - the guy who is sure to be the final villain - isn't on the top level of the world? lol.

It isn't wise to take one piece of evidence as absolute and ignore everything else. Infoboxes show titles, not facts. WB is recognized as the "strongest" because of his reputation, which BB purposely lacks. And the infobox which labeled WB as the "strongest man in the world" came long before Oda gave proper hype to BB's character.

The statements of Shanks and BB are not meant to be ignored. That is Oda giving blatant foreshadowing of what's to come.




WB's era is coming to an end and BB is going to claim WB's title of "strongest". A single infobox isn't going to change that fact.
 

mugiwara84

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
21
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Mihawk is acknowledged as the strongest by living character of the story : Old man from Baraty || Zoro
Strongest swordsman and possesing the ultimate power isn't the same as saying he's the strongest.

Beside Buggy no-one acknowledged WB as the strongest. But Buggy was already once confronted with WB as he was weak/small, so he fears him, imo that's not as neutral as the old man's comment about Mwk. Buggy also said strongest pirate, so there can be technically a stronger marine, also he couldn't have known about BB's darkness fruit.. just saying Buggy's statement alone isn't enough to describe WB position in the story, that is the strongest human.
I think it's quite funny that you don't think he's considered bye all the strongest just cause Oda doesn't make every pirate say this while you're saying it's a damn fact so no-one in OP should doubt Whitebeard's supremacy at least if they aren't arrogant & brainless. He just took Buggy to relay this piece of information.


Now the purpose of the infobox: I know u won't like this but I will try to explain by giving some examples. The infoxboxes gives information about characters, which is mostly not (accurate) known/said in the manga.

Example: Gecko Moria: Robin said his former bounty surpasses Luffy, but we didn't heard a exact number. || Later as Gecko was introduced, we find out the exact number of his former bounty.
Well since you take the infoboxes so damn literally and it says 320 mil and Luffy is only 300 mil then shouldn't Moria have beaten Luffy? And tbh I don't see the point of the references.


If the infoxbox says sth, then it's like Oda himself talking. I don't see you questioning Mwk's title or Gecko's, Kuma's or Flamingo's former bounty's. But why WB's title? (serious question, not making fun of u). Thankx to those infoxbes we knew about Akainu real name, Sakazaki. Now ur comment"far from truth", do u still believe in it? Imo you are only picking what do u like. I don't know for what reason u want WB not to be the strongest, but Oda himself said that. So I guess we better go with Oda's words. I mean can u prove Oda saying he is not the strongest?
Well since we were discussing the strongest guy in OP I don't see the need to involve people that don't have anything to do with the subject. And I think you put it quite well yourself. You call it infoboxes, info for information which doesn't always equalize absolute law. I think you're taking one little infobox way to damn literally (again repeating myself) when it's role only was to shown the pure awesomeness of Whitebeard that he is. Hell can I play devil's advocate and even say then that it didn't say strongest man possesing a devil fruit.



I did, but I don't get it. I believe you were saying and plz correct me if I misunderstood sth, that by stating him as the strongest, describes his strength, his position and his value in the one piece story. Also that WB's title, is only a title, which hasn't contested since Roger, basically he is not anymore the strongest. I'm right? IF yes, then why was it necessary to state him as the current strongest and not former? (I know same question) I mean, if u call some1 the former strongest and state him as one of the four strongest pirates and even with all that war commotion, do you think some would think he is not that strong?
Well you did get what I was trying to relay, except the fact about that he ain't anymore the strongest. That's something I leave in the middle, he could still be the strongest, but it's obvious that they are some contenders ready to take that title away from him, with Blackbeard beeing the most obvious one.

http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000440/17.jpg

Blackbeard saying he's the strongest, and I doubt Oda made him say that to make him look arrogant and brainless (especially cause he's quite clever seeing he had planned it all out for decades). Just like Oda writes the infoboxes he writes the lines for his characters. Oda contradicting himself in his own story? Having two strongest chars is quite impossible.

I repeat, WB is not untouchable. Im just saying he is the strongest like Oda did. Basically the 2nd strongest could just by 1% weaker. So if the 2nd strongest and some cannon fodder marine would fight against WB, technically they would win over WB <- I know this scenario is not possible but just trying to explain my viewpoint.

Im saying WB would win every foe in a fair 1vs1 fight, without any advantages for either of them, basically on a neutral field. Ur viewpoint is based as far as I get only on assumptions, you don't have any proof, which is impossible, since Oda himself is saying sth else.
Proof, all the arguments i made over and over. If the only proof you'll accept is a picture of him losing in a 1v1 fight in the current storyline after his title got shown then obviously I have no proof. I could say I always aced every test that had to do with comprehensive reading but that's hardly anything substantial rather me beeing full of myself :p:D.


Im seriously laughing right now. Yes, I think reading Oda's work but doubtig his words is retarded. But no Im not small-minded. If u can present some serious arguments/proofs of WB not being the strongest then u can convince me. Like paradox and biteman convinced me that Ace does have a bounty, like Ono convinced me that Kiz had slightly the upper hand while fighting Ray, like you convinced me that Blueno's ability in combine with CP9 would have much effective against a PX.

So plz don't call me small-minded and Im not a fanboy (not saying that u said that) of Oda/WB. If u can bring some valuable arguments then u should have no problem to convince me. Im not some1 who would argue about a obvious losing debate. Just some personal information about me .. so I guess oftopic xD.
When I actually wrote small-minded I first put on this matter but even that will probably offend you so I'll apologize. And I'll repeat, I did gave some serious arguments, it's just cause you don't consider them serious arguments cause you disagree and taking one sentence to literally that I have to keep reinventing new arguments. If it would be so damn obvious as you think it is there wouldn't be so many discussions about it, and no it's not cause the vast majority of people discussing are to retarded to realize that that infobox is absolute law (though I'm sure you'll disagree with this).

I used or to separate the reasons. That part of my post was not only directed at you, I was speaking generally. So I didn't twisted ur words, if it seemed like that way, sry about that, u must have misunderstood my poor english.
sorry on my part then to.


It's a war not a duel. I never said WB will fight 1vs1 with BB. WB will lose fighting 1vs2 or more.

If BB should be stronger than WB, then he could have killed him as he ate his fruit on WB' ship. I mean there was probably no-one around as BB killed Sacci, so he could have sneaked from behind and killed WB. BB was at that moment still a crewmate of WB and since he was for decades on his ship, I assume he was known and trusted. There shouldn't have been any problem for BB to talk with WB alone. He didn't cause he is not powerful enough to beat him.

But I still believe BB is at his peak. Just the impression I get from him. After WB' lose in power or even his death, BB shouldn't have any more any hindrance, (Luffy not counted).

Im seriously surprised. Thank you for reading my posts and giving even thoughts about them. Makes me happy that some1 is considering my posts.
You got nothing substantial backing up those claims either, most seem even highly unlikely. Blackbeard wouldn't just be capable to duel him even if he was stronger without the DF. He can't fight him without causing a ruckus and the crew finding out cause stabbing him to death in secret just seems so unlikely nor do I think a little stab would do much to such a giant. And asking to talk 1 on 1 somewhere alone is to suspicious. Even if he gets it it won't be on a remote island where he could go all out to kill him and leave injured peacefully without the crew knowing and that's even when he had no DF and was weaker then Whitebeard. Cause it's only after the DF that he had the guts to openly challenge WB and then he already had to flee for killing Sacci, hell I even find stealing a DF from a commander quite a feat.


Not like Im saying Imotorar is a liar. But he has to backup his claim with some kind of official statement. Otherwise I can't believe that. Lets say I'm claiming that Oda is a racists, that's why he didn't draw much black character in his work. Would u believe that? I don't think so.

Oda's name is mentioned on sell pages. If I was Oda, I wouldn't have let my name abused for selling purpose. By doing this his work will get confused among his fans, by perhaps discrepancies between his work and that of the databooks. So to avoid that, he must have worked personally or at least indirectly on the databooks. Whereby he should have control about the content of the databook.

In the databooks were things revealed, which wasn't in manga mentioned. Like the names of the Buster Call VA. So its not only a recap of the manga.
If I was Oda, I wouldn't have let my name abused for selling purpose.
Though I fully agree with this statement, cash corrupts people so fast. And I've read once someone saying that Watsuki made a point on this to, he said even though Kenshin got animated he had no saying in it at all. All he could do was wait for the finishing product and pray afterwards. I'm sure Oda's name is linked to the anime to and that he has no input on fillers let alone on those shitty dubs that 4 kids did. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And I don't think Imotorar is lieing cause he seems far from the person to talk bull. And I can't argue about things that I haven't saw yet or that aren't 100% reliable nor do I want to argue about the reliability of the databooks (mostly due to me knowing shit on that subject)

About ur last part regarding Shanks: It makes sense. Shanks could have learned other styles to backup his left arm. Im not denying the possibility. But I don't think he would have given up on being a swordsman. A man who uses a gun or martial arts, without his word is not a swordsman.
Well imo when we are discussing swordsman in OP we are talking about people who only uses swords. People like Kenshin & Miyamoto Musashi, Zoro is obviously like the second. A selfthougth swordsman polishing his skills through travels. Though Shanks obviously uses his sword still like seen vs Whitebeard nothing stops him to have revised a style that far from depends only on a sword. It's like Bittman (if I remember right) asked, are Kizaru & Rayleigh suddenly swordsmen cause they were fighting with swords?

Btw I think it's even more safe to say that you want that title you can only use a sword. I don't think if Luffy beats him with gear second and then takes out a sword to finish him that he'll get the title like that. And a lot of people think that Shanks who could've added some styles to his swordsmanship which doesn't make him a true swordsman anymore.


Damn this post took some time

Edit: damn didn't read Franckie's post while I was writing mine cause I actually went watching a Belgian football tv show, capping all the matches of this weekend in the middle of writing this.
 
Last edited:

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

as far we know, shanks lost from mihawk and ur saying hes stronger coz hes a younko with his pirate crew in the NW?

if shanks really was more powerfull then mihawk, then it should be

shanks, greatest swordsman in the world.
First off, we were never told he lost to Mihawk. Secondly, Shanks has never personally identified himself as a swordsman. As many other people said, is Kizaru a swordsman because he uses his lightsaber? Hardly.

Shanks could be unable able to best Mihawk in a sword duel but still defeat him in a fight to the death with some sort of kamihakiha nonsense. It's certainly possible that Mihawk could win, but we have no evidence to either side except that the Yonkou are a more exclusive club. Mihawk doesn't seem to care much for the government, if he was as strong as Shanks and able to stand up to them, why didn't he?

I agree that "Strongest Man in the World" might be a title rather than a definitive case of him being the strongest fighter, but I don't think it'd be a stretch to assume he does have the most brute strength of anyone out there if nothing else.
 

OP ROX

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

its whitebeard :) .... but hes getting old so im not sure ... but 1-1 he still strongest... ( i assume he knows how to use Haki
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

That is Oda giving blatant foreshadowing of what's to come.
Whats to come isn't what is.

Just because Zoro WILL beat Mihawk, doesn't mean he already can.

Well since you take the infoboxes so damn literally and it says 320 mil and Luffy is only 300 mil then shouldn't Moria have beaten Luffy? And tbh I don't see the point of the references.
Bounties aren't a direct indication of strength. Sure strenght affects bounties but it isn't just that.

Infoboxes on the other hand...

lackbeard saying he's the strongest, and I doubt Oda made him say that to make him look arrogant and brainless (especially cause he's quite clever seeing he had planned it all out for decades).
If BB was the strongest, he wouldn't have joined the Shichibukai. Hes a man with a plan, and if he was the strongest he would've taken down WB already and possibly have taken over his crew.

Now I've become the "Strongest" with this..note the usage of the apostrophes. Obviously hes overrating himself here, but he does have a valid point. He was talking about his DF, and darkness does seem to be the most powerful Devil fruit power.

I agree that "Strongest Man in the World" might be a title rather than a definitive case of him being the strongest fighter, but I don't think it'd be a stretch to assume he does have the most brute strength of anyone out there if nothing else.
I don't think having the largest muscles would cause him to be feared and respected by so many across the world. Even Sengoku and the 5 Stars rates him rather highly as do Shanks and Buggy (both being from Roger's crew) and Monkey D Garp.

He was the only one ever to fight evenly with Gol D Roger. Thats something in itself.

I don't know why so many people are disputing WG's claim to being the strongest whilst there aren't any disputing Mihawk's claim to being the strongest swordsman..

Is it because hes old? :S
 
Last edited:

gfire2

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
526
Reaction score
51
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

correct me if im wrong but wasnt it said that mihawk was the "greatest swordsman in the world", which implies his sword skills are no.1 which doesnt make him strongest person in the world
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

correct me if im wrong but wasnt it said that mihawk was the "greatest swordsman in the world", which implies his sword skills are no.1 which doesnt make him strongest person in the world
Read what I posted.

I don't understand why people always dispute WB's claim to the Strongest Man title, whilst noone ever disputes Mihawk's claim as the Greatest Swordsman.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

It isn't wise to take one piece of evidence as absolute and ignore everything else. Infoboxes show titles, not facts. WB is recognized as the "strongest" because of his reputation, which BB purposely lacks. And the infobox which labeled WB as the "strongest man in the world" came long before Oda gave proper hype to BB's character.
By the infoxbox Oda himself is talking. Since Oda already knew about BB's darkness fruit and still stated some1 else (WB) the strongest, means BB is currently not the strongest! If BB should have eaten his fruit after WB introduction, then his title could be invalid. Lets say Oda didn't state him as the strongest, but only Buggy did. Then u could be right, since Buggy couldn't have known about BB darkness fruit. But Oda, who writes the infobox in his viewpoint knew about BB' power and strength and still he stated WB as the strongest.

Anyway, if like u say BB is stronger, then why didn't he killed WB as he was on his ship? I believe I already know how u will answer

WB's era is coming to an end and BB is going to claim WB's title of "strongest". A single infobox isn't going to change that fact.
U just talked about the furtue, with what mainly everyone agrees. In this discussion we are talking about the present. Get it in ur brain: future =|= present !

If u have enough time, could u plz also read the last part of my post, after the mark line.

Strongest swordsman and possesing the ultimate power isn't the same as saying he's the strongest.
I wasn't only referring to Zoro's "Ultimate Power" comment rather on his whole goal after Mwk. I can't find a page where it is explained, so I was posting the ulimate power thing.

I think it's quite funny that you don't think he's considered bye all the strongest just cause Oda doesn't make every pirate say this while you're saying it's a damn fact so no-one in OP should doubt Whitebeard's supremacy at least if they aren't arrogant & brainless. He just took Buggy to relay this piece of information.
My point is, if Oda wouldn't had stated him as the strongest then Buggy's comment alone wouldn't be enough to say WB is the strongest. Seriously if that was the case, even I would think BB is the strongest. Whether or not everyone acknowledge WB as the strongest was not shown, he was so far only put on a high lvl. It doesn't matter what we (you and me) are thinking, if there are no facts.

Well since you take the infoboxes so damn literally and it says 320 mil and Luffy is only 300 mil then shouldn't Moria have beaten Luffy? And tbh I don't see the point of the references.
I never said Bounty represents some1 fighting power. My point was and still is that Oda gave us (reader) the information about Gecko, that his former bounty was 320M. Without that infobox we wouldn't have known about this. It (infobox) contains character information.


Well since we were discussing the strongest guy in OP I don't see the need to involve people that don't have anything to do with the subject. And I think you put it quite well yourself. You call it infoboxes, info for information which doesn't always equalize absolute law. I think you're taking one little infobox way to damn literally (again repeating myself) when it's role only was to shown the pure awesomeness of Whitebeard that he is.
My point is: the infoxbox represents what ODA says, basically it is like he speaking. He said Kuma's former bounty is 325M, he said Akainu's former name or real name is Sakazaki and he also said WB is the strongest. I repeat it's not that any character is speaking, those infobox contains information by ODa which are neutral. So basically Im asking, why do u dispute WB's title but not the other things which was revealed in the infobox? the same infobox.. just be fair ;)


Well you did get what I was trying to relay, except the fact about that he ain't anymore the strongest. That's something I leave in the middle, he could still be the strongest, but it's obvious that they are some contenders ready to take that title away from him, with Blackbeard beeing the most obvious one.
I never said he is unreachable, Im also one of those saying he will fall. Just at this moment he is the strongest, be it just 1% stronger than the 2nd.

http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000440/17.jpg

Blackbeard saying he's the strongest, and I doubt Oda made him say that to make him look arrogant and brainless (especially cause he's quite clever seeing he had planned it all out for decades). Just like Oda writes the infoboxes he writes the lines for his characters. Oda contradicting himself in his own story? Having two strongest chars is quite impossible.
On that scan BB is talking (not Oda). Its not like he (BB) knows every human in the world. He puts himself as the strongest without knowing that. Oda let BB talk according to his view and based on his personality. Similar example: Kamukuri (spelling?) said Enel is invincible. Is that true? No. Kamukri probably didn't know about rubber and maybe seastone. Oda let Kamakuri speak according to his view and based on his personality. Same with BB, he let him speak according to his view. Enel's attitude is maybe the best to compare with BB. He also thought he was strongest, without ever being on blue sea. Also plz read what paradox (3rd paragraph) explained. Those infobox is as Oda (narrator) himself is talking, those are neutral. U can't counter them with some characters words.

I was expecting that to be known as common sense in the manga/comic world. Sth like that is also learned in schools, german at least: Interpretation on novels etc (or sth like that, don't know the correct English term)


If it would be so damn obvious as you think it is there wouldn't be so many discussions about it, and no it's not cause the vast majority of people discussing are to retarded to realize that that infobox is absolute law (though I'm sure you'll disagree with this).
One Piece has a large fanbase. Each fan has probably his favourite char, who he thinks or he want him to be strongest. My favourite char is Garp, I want him to be the strongest in One Piece. But I have enough brain to realize that he is not. Therefore there are many discussion, coz of fanboys. <-My opinion (not saying it is fact)


You got nothing substantial backing up those claims either, most seem even highly unlikely.
Exactly, its just a theory of mine, I never said it is fact. Though Imo its not unlikely, but if u don't' agree, then its fine. Its ur choice, ur freedom. But on WB's case Oda himself said he is the strongest, so it's not ur choice.

And I'll repeat, I did gave some serious arguments, it's just cause you don't consider them serious arguments cause you disagree and taking one sentence to literally that I have to keep reinventing new arguments.
I'm sry, I know u r serious about ur comments. Just ur reasoning is based on assumptions, thus they have no real value. It is similar to my theory about BBvsWB. It is also based on only assumptions.


It's like Bittman (if I remember right) asked, are Kizaru & Rayleigh suddenly swordsmen cause they were fighting with swords?
My answer: Fighter who are mainly (only) using swords in their battles are swordsman: Zoro! We don't know if Kizaru and Ray are swordsman's, just because they did a swordplay doesn't say they are swordsman.

Though I believe Ray is a swordsman. Too lazy to explain why, if u r interested in my opinion I will explain it later.

Btw I think it's even more safe to say that you want that title you can only use a sword. I don't think if Luffy beats him with gear second and then takes out a sword to finish him that he'll get the title like that. And a lot of people think that Shanks who could've added some styles to his swordsmanship which doesn't make him a true swordsman anymore.
Wait.. Hä!? did u rly read my theory about Shanks and Mwk or in general posts about them?

Nightmare Luffy for example was using a sword to cut Oz. Now is he a swordsman? No. Why? 'coz he mainly fought with his bare hands. If Luffy should beat Mwk, then Luffy is not automatically the strongest swordsman. The title strongest swordsman can be only held by ppl who are using swords.

It doesn't make any sense to call a barehanded fighter or a gunner the strongest swordsman just because they have beaten the strongest swordsman (I know u didn't said that).

Anyway Im putting Shanks vs Mwk aside, coz I don't think that is relevant in this topic. Also about the Databook, seriously unless there is a official statement, these books are from Oda. I can't trust any rumour.

correct me if im wrong but wasnt it said that mihawk was the "greatest swordsman in the world", which implies his sword skills are no.1 which doesnt make him strongest person in the world
That is just the words the Manga Editor used. Give me 1h and I will bring u 20 posts, where everyone is calling him the strongest swordsman.
____________________________________________________________

Tbh I don't understand, why should Oda state WB as the strongest if he is not? If its just to value his postilion, then Oda could have written : former strongest. I mean he is said to be one of the Yonkou, all the current war commotion and he was said equally to Roger. There is no need to state him as the strongest if its just to value his position.
BB was revealed in the same chapter as WB was introduced. If BB is stronger, then why wasn't he stated as the strongest? I repeat Oda was the one, so he already knew about BB darkness fruit.

I just showed my brother (who is not interested in OP) WB and asked him who is the strongest in this story. He said: "fuck you, don't waste my time" (sth like this translated). Believe me or not, but that is true. Basically Im asking why would Oda confuse his reader/fans. If WB is currently the strongest, then he is. I have also a older brother, I refrain from asking him or I will get killed.

btw Oda: all knowing = narrator => infobox -> truth (neutral)
 
Last edited:

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Whats to come isn't what is.

Just because Zoro WILL beat Mihawk, doesn't mean he already can.
Zoro will beat Mihawk, but that match isn't going to occur in less than a week's worth of time in the manga. Besides, BB's strength has already been shown to be top-tier during his debut fight with Ace.

If BB was the strongest, he wouldn't have joined the Shichibukai. Hes a man with a plan, and if he was the strongest he would've taken down WB already and possibly have taken over his crew.
Unlike BB, the rest of the WB's crew is loyal to their captain. BB can take on WB, but he can't take on WB + crew. By allying himself with the WG and pretending to be a "good boy", he can use the WG's sources to his advantage and knock out threats such as WB's crew.

Now I've become the "Strongest" with this..note the usage of the apostrophes. Obviously hes overrating himself here, but he does have a valid point. He was talking about his DF, and darkness does seem to be the most powerful Devil fruit power.
Yes, you're right. BB is clearly overrating himself despite the fact he's been all over the world while he was part of WB's crew, scarred a Yonkou, and beaten two of WB's commanders.

He was the only one ever to fight evenly with Gol D Roger. Thats something in itself.
BB has better feats. People who think BB is stronger aren't going solely by feats alone though. People such as myself also include powerscaling and plot importance - BB wins out on both.

I don't know why so many people are disputing WG's claim to being the strongest whilst there aren't any disputing Mihawk's claim to being the strongest swordsman..
Because there's no one else to dispute the fact.

By the infoxbox Oda himself is talking. Since Oda already knew about BB's darkness fruit, WB is stronger. If BB should have eaten his fruit after WB introduction, then his title could be invalid. Lets say Oda didn't state him as the strongest, but only Buggy did. Then u could be right, since Buggy couldn't have known about BB darkness fruit. But Oda, who writes the infobox in his viewpoint knew about BB' power and strength and still he stated WB as the strongest.
Infoboxes count, but character statements don't?

Anyway, if like u say BB is stronger, then why didn't he killed WB as he was on his ship? I believe I already know how u will answer
Easy answer: BB > WB. WB + crew > BB. Have you been factoring in the strength of WB's crew as to why BB hasn't dealt with WB yet?

U just talked about the furtue, with what mainly everyone agrees. In this discussion we are talking about the present. Get it in ur brain: future =|= present !
That future is less than a week away in the manga, and everything else we know about BB still applies.

On that scan BB is talking (not Oda). Its not like he (BB) knows every human in the world. He puts himself as the strongest without knowing that. Oda let BB talk according to his view and based on his personality. Similar example: Kamukuri (spelling?) said Enel is invincible. Is that true? No. Kamukri probably didn't know about rubber and maybe seastone. Oda let Kamakuri speak according to his view and based on his personality. Same with BB, he let him speak according to his view. Also plz read what paradox explained.
It's common for mangakas to not reveal everything about a character in one go. Take Aizen as an example. Kubo made him appear to be one of the weaker captains and didn't reveal his actual intentions until the end of the SS. We have a similar case here. Oda made it look like for a long time that BB was fleeing from Ace because Oda wanted Shanks to be the person who drops the bomb to us, the readers, about BB's actual strength. Not too long after Shanks confrontation with WB we see BB make short work of Ace.

Tbh I don't understand, why should Oda state WB as the strongest if he is not? If its just to value his postilion, then Oda could have written : former strongest. I mean he is said to be one of the Yonkou, all the current war commotion and he was said equally to Roger. There is no need to state him as the strongest if its just to value his position.
BB was revealed in the same chapter as WB was introduced. If BB is stronger, then why wasn't he stated as the strongest? I repeat Oda was the one, so he already knew about BB darkness fruit.

I just showed my brother (who is not interested in OP) WB and asked him who is the strongest in this story. He said: "fuck you, don't waste my time" (sth like this translated). Believe me or not, but that is true. Basically Im asking why would Oda confuse his reader/fans. If WB is currently the strongest, then he is. I have also a older brother, I refrain from asking him or I will get killed.
The problem here is that people take one piece of evidence as absolute (the infobox) and ignore everything else. WB holds the title of "strongest" because people think he is the "strongest" because of his reputation. But general consensus isn't always right. Five hundred years everybody "knew" that the Earth is the center of the universe. In the OP universe, many people believe WB to the strongest and it isn't completely without merit since he did tie with the Pirate King. But individuals such as Shanks are the "Copernicus" in that world. They know that BB is the person who is actually the "strongest", and it's only a matter of time before the rest of the world becomes aware of what they knew to begin with.
 

mugiwara84

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
21
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

By the infoxbox Oda himself is talking. Since Oda already knew about BB's darkness fruit, WB is stronger. If BB should have eaten his fruit after WB introduction, then his title could be invalid. Lets say Oda didn't state him as the strongest, but only Buggy did. Then u could be right, since Buggy couldn't have known about BB darkness fruit. But Oda, who writes the infobox in his viewpoint knew about BB' power and strength and still he stated WB as the strongest.
You already said this and I already answered it and you quite capped it well. And every time your response is the infobox is absolute law since Oda is speaking.


Anyway, if like u say BB is stronger, then why didn't he killed WB as he was on his ship? I believe I already know how u will answer
Of course you would know, I answered it in my previous post.

Cause it's only after the DF that he had the guts to openly challenge WB and then he already had to flee for killing Sacci.
I never said Bounty represents some1 fighting power. My point was and still is that Oda gave us (reader) the information about Gecko, that his former bounty was 320M. Without that infobox we wouldn't have known about this. It (infobox) contains character information.

My point is: the infoxbox represents what ODA says, basically it is like he speaking. He said Kuma former bounty is 325M, he said Akainu's former name or real name is Sakazaki and he also said WB is the strongest. I repeat it's not that any character is speaking. So basically Im asking, why do u dispute WB title but not the other things which was revealed in the infobox? the same infobox.. just be fair ;)
I am beeing fair, Didn't I already said cause they were off topic and theire ain't much to disagree against a random number and some names. If you really want my opinion about Mihawk, Oda made it clear bye letting Mihawk say that he'll always be the strongest swordsman after the figth with Zoro. Nor do we have any other chars who could oppose him which in Whitebeard case we did => Blackbeard.

On that scan BB is talking (not Oda). Its not like he (BB) knows every human in the world. He puts himself as the strongest without knowing that. Oda let BB talk according to his view and based on his personality. Similar example: Kamukuri (spelling?) said Enel is invincible. Is that true? No. Kamukri probably didn't know about rubber and maybe seastone. Oda let Kamakuri speak according to his view. Similar with BB, he let him speak according to his view.
Why didn't you take the page with Usopp saying he has like 7000 followers, with some characters you can take things more serious then others, Blackbeard is defenitely not a liar and a rookie. Hell Blackbeard doesn't know every human in the world but he does know whose considered the strongest, which is Whitebeard so it seems he values himself higher then Whitebeard and every other well known pirate. And I don't think these are assumptions cause Blackbeard sailed decades under him so he probably knows what Whitebeard is made off and he still dares to say those words.


My answer: Fighter who are mainly (only) using swords in their battles are swordsman: Zoro! We don't know if Kizaru and Ray are swordsman's, just because they did a swordplay doesn't say they are swordsman. Though I believe Ray is a swordsman. Too lazy to explain why, if u r interested in my opinion I will explain it later.

Wait.. Hä!? did u rly read my theory about Shanks and Mwk and in general posts about them?
Not particulary interested cause not like it matters to the story if Rayleigh is a swordsman or not. And I prefer he isn't cause it would make him automaticly inferior to Mihawk.

And the theories, I don't think so cause can't remember reading it and I did read some of the last pages before I posted my first comment. If it wasn't in this thread defenitely not.

Nightmare Luffy for example was using a sword to cut Oz. Now is he a swordsman? No. Why? 'coz he mainly fought with his bare hands. If Luffy should beat Mwk, then Luffy is not automatically the strongest swordsman. The title strongest swordsman can be only held by ppl who are using swords.
Going to use Organizized words cause he put it perfectly in words.

While Mihawk is labeled "greatest swordsman", though, it's still possible that Shanks is stronger, despite being slightly less skilled in fencing.
When you got something like the title strongest swordsman I just automaticly think it should be about the skill in fencing. So it seems to me to have that title you should only rely on your swordskills. I think I'm far from the only one and that's it the major reason why so many people say that you can't know who's the strongest.

Anyway Im putting Shanks vs Mwk aside, coz I don't think that is relevant in this topic. Also about the Databook, seriously unless there is a official statement, these books are from Oda. I can't trust any rumour.
That's your right, just like it's my right to think Imitorar words hold truth seeing his posts seem hardly bull and all they need is to have Oda his signature to write it under his name.


Tbh I don't understand, why should Oda state WB as the strongest if he is not? If its just to value his postilion, then Oda could have written : former strongest. I mean he is said to be one of the Yonkou, all the current war commotion and he was said equally to Roger. There is no need to state him as the strongest if its just to value his position.
Hype it up to the max, the grander the name the grander the fall.

BB was revealed in the same chapter as WB was introduced. If BB is stronger, then why wasn't he stated as the strongest? I repeat Oda was the one, so he already knew about BB darkness fruit.
Cause if he would've had done that he would've ruined the upcomming Blackbeard vs Whitebeard. This way he can hype the fight mor bye putting it once in an infobox and once bye letting one saying it.

edit: again Franckie beat me to the punch. Bye one minute this time! So not like I stole anything from him
 
Last edited:

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

Infoboxes count, but character statements don't?
No! Infobox by narrator = Oda. He is all knowing, if he says WB is the strongest then he is. Enel thought he is almightily.. we al saw what happened to him.

Infobox are neutral while character statements are based on character's viewpoints.

Easy answer: BB > WB. WB + crew > BB. Have you been factoring in the strength of WB's crew as to why BB hasn't dealt with WB yet?
Cause it's only after the DF that he had the guts to openly challenge WB and then he already had to flee for killing Sacci.
My theory: Looking at Ace's reaction (Panel 7), I think WB didn't rly knew why BB killed Sacchi. Therefore I believe there were no witnesses at the crime scene otherwise there would have been probably more dead crew-mates. So he didn't have to flee. The fact that they are only talking about Sacci should prove my viewpoint. Anyway, Im concluding: WB only knew that BB is the culprit, coz he was the one missing after a dead body (Sacchi) was found. We all know that BB was on his ship for decades, so he was probably trusted and known among the crew and WB himself. I believe there shouldn't have been any problem for him to talk alone with WB. Like asking for a private audience, similar to what we saw with WB and Shanks, after he hid the corpse of Sacci. Basically he could have fought him 1vs1 without the crew and there were no real reason to flee for him either, since nobody knew that he killed Sacci. I mean it would have made him less suspicions by not fleeing.

At the moment I see 1(2) weak points in this theory.

That future is less than a week away in the manga, and everything else we know about BB still applies.
So be it in a week, which could take 1 year in out time line. Still WB is right now the strongest. But since u r talking about the future: It is Luffy not BB or WB.


It's common for mangakas to not reveal everything about a character in one go. Take Aizen as an example. Kubo made him appear to be one of the weaker captains and didn't reveal his actual intentions until the end of the SS. We have a similar case here. Oda made it look like for a long time that BB was fleeing from Ace because Oda wanted Shanks to be the person who drops the bomb to us, the readers, about BB's actual strength. Not too long after Shanks confrontation with WB we see BB make short work of Ace.
When was a Charackter/Shingami in Bleach stated by Kubo as the strongest? I fail to see: how u were ablt to compare WB with some1 in Bleach. Yes there are similarities between Aizen and BB, but in Aizen's world (Bleach) no-one was stated as the strongest.

Strongest Character : One Piece: WB || Bleach: unknown


The problem here is that people take one piece of evidence as absolute (the infobox) and ignore everything else. WB holds the title of "strongest" because people think he is the "strongest" because of his reputation. But general consensus isn't always right. Five hundred years everybody "knew" that the Earth is the center of the universe. In the OP universe, many people believe WB to the strongest and it isn't completely without merit since he did tie with the Pirate King. But individuals such as Shanks are the "Copernicus" in that world. They know that BB is the person who is actually the "strongest", and it's only a matter of time before the rest of the world becomes aware of what they knew to begin with.
That one piece of evidence is Oda talking. It is his world, he created One Piece. If he says sth, then its absolute. You can't compare our world that of OP, while OP has certainly a creator, ours is unknown (I don't believe in god; just a side note).

That infobox is only for us reader visible, basically Im saying BB thinks probably with his new ability's he is stronger than WB, though it isn't true. BB's possible reasons for his thoughts: 'Coz he is old, ill looking and maybe his dick is too small.

You can only doubt WB title if there is a power change.
For example: As WB was introduced Luffy was not capable of Gears. Now (after WB introduction) he is able to fight with Gears. So if u would claim (not saying u did, just a example) that Luffy is stronger, then we would have some basics to discuss. But as BB was revealed Oda already knew about his darkness ability (infobox is as Oda himself is talking), still he stated WB as the strongest. Can u show me where it is said, that BB increased in battle power since WB introduction?

btw I know WB vs Luffy is silly, just used his power up (Gears) to talk about.

I have a question for you: Why did Oda state WB as the strongest and not former strongest, if BB is apparently stronger than him? @Franckie I mean why should Oda fuck himself?

You already said this and I already answered it and you quite capped it well. And every time your response is the infobox is absolute law since Oda is speaking.
Good, I though u didn't get me. Infobox = absolute neutral law.

Of course you would know, I answered it in my previous post.
Though I wasn't talking to you, I must have skipped that part of ur post.. sry about that. I replied above.

I am beeing fair, Didn't I already said cause they were off topic and theire ain't much to disagree against a random number and some names. If you really want my opinion about Mihawk, Oda made it clear bye letting Mihawk say that he'll always be the strongest swordsman after the figth with Zoro. Nor do we have any other chars who could oppose him which in Whitebeard case we did => Blackbeard.
O c'mon.. Im talking about the general content of the infoboxes. If u dispute the content of one box without disputing the other contents, then you are only picking what you like, what is only useful for ur argument. Which is completely wrong and one-sided. Yes, u have no reason to dispute the numbers, Mwk's title and that of WB and No, you are not fair.

Why didn't you take the page with Usopp saying he has like 7000 followers, with some characters you can take things more serious then others, Blackbeard is defenitely not a liar and a rookie. Hell Blackbeard doesn't know every human in the world but he does know whose considered the strongest, which is Whitebeard so it seems he values himself higher then Whitebeard and every other well known pirate. And I don't think these are assumptions cause Blackbeard sailed decades under him so he probably knows what Whitebeard is made off and he still dares to say those words.
I was expecting Ussop xD Anyway, his comment is for comedy purpose, while that of Kamakuri is not. That guys lies half dead on the ground and u r not taking his words seriously..

Yes BB knows about WB and he thinks he is stronger. Just to remind u, the infboxes is not visible for the living character in the story. So he could think he is stronger, which don't have to be true. Ever watched a street fight or sth similar ? Both fighter claim to be stronger as the other before a fight. Now can u take those words seriously? Thats why I said, BB's words are based on his character viewpoint while the infoboxes are neutral.

Examples of character viewpoint:
  • Zoro, even though he saw the ability of Enel (on Gan Fall and on Robin) he still attacked him and thought he could win.
  • Ussop, even though he knew Luffys abilities he thought he could win and fought him on W7.

Cause if he would've had done that he would've ruined the upcomming Blackbeard vs Whitebeard. This way he can hype the fight mor bye putting it once in an infobox and once bye letting one saying it.
That is completely thoughtless; Like I said, alone his title of being once equal with Roger, closest to One Piece, Yonko and Legend makes him incredibly strong. There is no need to state him as the strongest just for a upcoming battle. I mean Shanks is called Yonko and former rival of Mwk. Does some1 thinks he is not that strong? WB has more to offer not counting Oda's infobox, Legend and equal to Roger. Im just saying the infoxbox "strongest" is not needed to value WB's position in this story. So plz don't say it was needed just to make the battle more exciting. Trust me it is even without that title of his.


I quit quoting ur Shanks and Databook part, I don't want to start unnecessary arguments in this topic.

____________________________________________

Maybe BB gained some new battle abilities after the introduction of WB, but nothing was shown for us reader. So no power change = WB's title still valid. We have BB saying he is the strongest, while Oda is saying WB is the strongest. Infobox are neutral while character statements are based on character's viewpoints. Basically BB claim to think he is the strongest has no value infront of that of Oda.

  • How can you guys assume on merely BB's words that he is stronger?
  • His words are against that of Oda, whose words are superior?
Seriously u guys think BB or X is stronger even though you haven't even seen WB in action.. completely narrow minded, isn't it? putting that infobox aside!

btw Oda: all knowing = narrator => infobox -> truth (neutral)
 
Last edited:

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ?

I wonder what this thread would be like if the infobox never existed...more interesting I would think because then we could debate what we've actually seen from the characters rather than whether or not Oda had a different interpretation of the word "strength".
 
Top