Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
If you ask me, this cover is epic win...

I started reading kuroko + I also looked into meister. Sorry to say but I really can't understand why people are so sad about meister's end. Comparing those two sports manga, I have to say the japanese are for once right. Kuroko is imo better than meister (artwise, storywise,...) in contrast to meister which is so bland if you ask me
 
Last edited:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I think that's probably my favourite One Piece cover, maybe even my favourite WSJ cover!!
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh, is Ultimo finally getting serialized?
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yep. Good news for all.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yeah it's been serialised since the start of the month (look at that top news bar and it actually tells ya). americans get it serialised in july (that's not a bad turn around there, 5 months)... and at some point the uk gets the tanks
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Kawaguchi Yukinori / Serie about Basket (New Serie)
Name: Hoop Men (フープメン)


credits: to heiji-sama
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Character designs don't look all that appealing. >.>

Still, I'll give it a read to see if its worth it. If not, I'm fine with it protecting Mago, Psyren, and To Love Ru.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Arts better than Kuroko. The chick in the back grounds kind of hot. Maybe this will be more than a generic sports series.

The name is god awful. Hoop Men??? Really. Could you find a blander name for a series?
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is there no Bakuman out this week? Usually it would be out by now.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Is there no Bakuman out this week? Usually it would be out by now.
The raw is out but no translation. Sleepy Fans have used their own script since chapter one so no one (or no one I can remember) has ever posted a public translation. Since Sleepy Fans haven't released it this week Bakuman is in limbo for the time being.

I started reading kuroko + I also looked into meister. Sorry to say but I really can't understand why people are so sad about meister's end. Comparing those two sports manga, I have to say the japanese are for once right. Kuroko is imo better than meister (artwise, storywise,...) in contrast to meister which is so bland if you ask me.
Meister wasn't bad but never anything special. To me Kuroko started separating once the action started. The art, writing, and pace of Kuroko's warm up match was far superior to Meister's.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Arts better than Kuroko. The chick in the back grounds kind of hot. Maybe this will be more than a generic sports series.

The name is god awful. Hoop Men??? Really. Could you find a blander name for a series?
I dunno: One Piece? No wait...BLEACH! (yeah, my sarcasm sucks)

At least "Random basketball series" has a name now...now we'll just see how it does with Kuroko...and everything else in the magazine.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I dunno: One Piece? No wait...BLEACH! (yeah, my sarcasm sucks)
I'm thinking "Hoop Men" is about the same as if Bleach were named "Powerful Sword People" or One Piece was "Pirate Adventure". Still, I'll definitely give it a try and expect the best.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm thinking "Hoop Men" is about the same as if Bleach were named "Powerful Sword People" or One Piece was "Pirate Adventure". Still, I'll definitely give it a try and expect the best.
Nah, Bleach is bland regardless of how you look at it. I mean, I'd expect the series to be about laundry detergent or something. Expect epic cleaning competitions! (and supervillains who create stains that just can't go out!)
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm thinking "Hoop Men" is about the same as if Bleach were named "Powerful Sword People" or One Piece was "Pirate Adventure". Still, I'll definitely give it a try and expect the best.

I always thought BLEACH was a creative name considering it takes something seemingly random (bleach) and makes an interesting analogy toward it. One Piece is of course no where near as intricate but powerful all the same.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Nah, Bleach is bland regardless of how you look at it. I mean, I'd expect the series to be about laundry detergent or something. Expect epic cleaning competitions! (and supervillains who create stains that just can't go out!)
lol. Don't give anyone any ideas. Somewhere in Japan someone could be reading this thinking "I see a game show" ;)

I've never quite understood why it's called Bleach either.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lol. Don't give anyone any ideas. Somewhere in Japan someone could be reading this thinking "I see a game show" ;)

I've never quite understood why it's called Bleach either.

I think it's called Bleach because just as bleach removes stains from clothes, Shinigami remove the stain of Hollows from the world of the living.
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Arts better than Kuroko. The chick in the back grounds kind of hot. Maybe this will be more than a generic sports series.

The name is god awful. Hoop Men??? Really. Could you find a blander name for a series?
Now I'm probably one of the biggest KnB advocates around, but there's no way that art is better then Kuroko's. It looks like they tried to copy E21's art, it's nothing remarkable. Kuroko's at least tries to be original.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think that the main character looks all that cool...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top