Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ah man, Atobe, your beasting people. I don't think people can catch you anymore. Except Fayte because he has an insane win count too but yours is even higher.
You definitely can. If you beat Ravsieg, you will have 12 points. Only 3 points behind Atobe. Then Atobe is going to need a loss in order to let you go to 15, and keep him low...
Something you can do yourself, since you haven't played him yet.

So yeah, you can definitely catch up with Atobe. If you don't lose any of your matches, you can beat him easily.
Me on the other hand...I need not to lose any matches, and my final 3 opponents are...You, Ravsieg, and Fayte. Yeah.
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm just saving face..last season i was at like...1-9,000 lol.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I haven't given up on being number 1 yet. THE HERO ALWAYS STRUGGLES BEFORE WINNING.

I finally got a solid team. With 4 rounds left, I can still score up 12 points in the board...18 points, same as Atobe will end(counting his bye) if he doesn't win any more matches. Then I'll have to defeat him in score. He has +15 right now...I have -1...
...
I NEED TO WIN 3 STRAIGHT MATCHES WITH 5-0.
I CAN DO IT.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I admire your tenacity.
I as well.

Yeah, its going to be rough to take either Atobe or Fayte down. I only have tough matches ahead and lots of them. Hinata fan, Bowser, Rav, Atobe and you....why the heck do I have so many more matches than everyone else?

Also, Atobe if you win this league. Major Gratz to you! You went from being dead last to first. That is exceptional.

As far as names go, I'll be the Gentleman. :p Our fight Sherlock will be EPIC!
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hmm...Jyten, I'd like to propose a gentleman's agreement.

I promise to use Niou with trickster on in Singles, if you promise to use Irie in singles as well. That means I'll either Trickster you, or fall against a trap and say, use it vs Inui.

It's a deadly gamble. If one of us violates the agreement, we'll have to resend our lineups.

The reason for that is that it makes it easier for both of us to have 5-0 victories, which is the only way we can take on Atobe.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven't given up on being number 1 yet. THE HERO ALWAYS STRUGGLES BEFORE WINNING.

I finally got a solid team. With 4 rounds left, I can still score up 12 points in the board...18 points, same as Atobe will end(counting his bye) if he doesn't win any more matches. Then I'll have to defeat him in score. He has +15 right now...I have -1...
...
I NEED TO WIN 3 STRAIGHT MATCHES WITH 5-0.
I CAN DO IT.
Surely there has to be at least one person you have to play where it would be mathematically impossible for you to 5-0.

Granted, you have a better shot than me since I have -1 games. But I think I can at least make the Top 3 with my new team.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmm...Jyten, I'd like to propose a gentleman's agreement.

I promise to use Niou with trickster on in Singles, if you promise to use Irie in singles as well. That means I'll either Trickster you, or fall against a trap and say, use it vs Inui.

It's a deadly gamble. If one of us violates the agreement, we'll have to resend our lineups.

The reason for that is that it makes it easier for both of us to have 5-0 victories, which is the only way we can take on Atobe.
Well you can...and if I was mean I'd let you. But sadly I just declared myself as a Gentleman and that goes against my new found principles. But trickster doesn't work on Irie. So, I don't really see any advantage you'd have against me.

However, if you still want to do it then fine. We'll do it. It makes my data easier to calculate.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Surely there has to be at least one person you have to play where it would be mathematically impossible for you to 5-0.

Granted, you have a better shot than me since I have -1 games. But I think I can at least make the Top 3 with my new team.
AH! Atobe has 15 points, not 15 games!
So...If he loses his next 3 matches, by the closest score possible...
18 points, 8 games.

I have -1 games...

In 3 matches....
Yeah. If I win 4-1, that's enough. I don't need to 5-0. But still, 4-1ing people is difficult. Whaddaya say Jyten? Are you going to take that deal?


Just noticed one thing, Ravsieg only posts on weekends, and his is the only match left for this round so...Should we get on right R6?


Well you can...and if I was mean I'd let you. But sadly I just declared myself as a Gentleman and that goes against my new found principles. But trickster doesn't work on Irie. So, I don't really see any advantage you'd have against me.

However, if you still want to do it then fine. We'll do it. It makes my data easier to calculate.
How about this then:
Yagyuu, Chitose, and Irie in singles.
If you do that, I'll throw Niou with trickster on. I'll only have one shot at winning(vs Chitose) and the other 2 will be wild guesses.
 
Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I as well.

Yeah, its going to be rough to take either Atobe or Fayte down. I only have tough matches ahead and lots of them. Hinata fan, Bowser, Rav, Atobe and you....why the heck do I have so many more matches than everyone else?

Also, Atobe if you win this league. Major Gratz to you! You went from being dead last to first. That is exceptional.

As far as names go, I'll be the Gentleman. :p Our fight Sherlock will be EPIC!
Meh it was me being an ass...not thinking about my line up, not scoping the competition..things along those lines.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
AH! Atobe has 15 points, not 15 games!
So...If he loses his next 3 matches, by the closest score possible...
18 points, 8 games.

I have -1 games...

In 3 matches....
Yeah. If I win 4-1, that's enough. I don't need to 5-0. But still, 4-1ing people is difficult. Whaddaya say Jyten? Are you going to take that deal?
<hr noshade size="1">
Just noticed one thing, Ravsieg only posts on weekends, and his is the only match left for this round so...Should we get on right R6?
<hr noshade size="1">

How about this then:
Yagyuu, Chitose, and Irie in singles.
If you do that, I'll throw Niou with trickster on. I'll only have one shot at winning(vs Chitose) and the other 2 will be wild guesses.
Hmm...I don't know. Given that situation I don't think I can beat you. Mizuki and Wakato can be come stronger than either Chitose or Yagyuu...that puts me in a really dangerous position.
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hmm...I don't know. Given that situation I don't think I can beat you. Mizuki and Wakato can be come stronger than either Chitose or Yagyuu...that puts me in a really dangerous position.
They CAN. But it would come down to whether I could PERFECTLY read your lineup or not, assuming Wakato was copying Mizuki's effect.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, are you going to accept?
And Niou with trickster would beat Chitose. Chitose would go all "bwaeaheahu" and Niou would go all "puri" and beat the hell outta him.
How does he beat Chitose? 21+5+5 = 31 vs Nioh = 23.5?

Also, Mizuki's effect in this situation gives you an auto +7 since you know all 3 of my singles players and therefore know all of my doubles' lineup. That's a 27 and a 30. If you get lucky only half of them that gives you another +3. Also, I'm happy you don't realize it but you don't need his effect to get +14...there is an easier way.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
How does he beat Chitose? 21+5+5 = 31 vs Nioh = 23.5?
As far as I know, he switches after feats and auras, but before effects.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As far as I know, he switches after feats and auras, but before effects.
Ah, then that changes a lot. Therefore, since I cannot beat you given that situation..can't believe I forgot about all your silly effects. We will need to draw up the orders of the duel. Perhaps by a third party?

Actually never mind. I am going to need major mind raping powers to beat you on this.
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ah, then that changes a lot.
Well, it doesn't matter.
...Okay. I have decided. How about this?
I'll put Niou on Singles.
I won't activate trickster.

You will put Yagyuu, Chitose and Irie in singles. How about it?
That means you get a free win. Any of your Singles members can beat him.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, it doesn't matter.
...Okay. I have decided. How about this?
I'll put Niou on Singles.
I won't activate trickster.

You will put Yagyuu, Chitose and Irie in singles. How about it?
That means you get a free win. Any of your Singles members can beat him.
Normally, I'd say yes...but again Mizuki and Wakato can get +14s...that means I can only win 2 singles and with out those 3 of my doubles is useless. Sorry but your tricks won't work against my data. Lolz, I couldn't help it.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Normally, I'd say yes...but again Mizuki and Wakato can get +14s...that means I can only win 2 singles and with out those 3 of my doubles is useless. Sorry but your tricks won't work against my data. Lolz, I couldn't help it.
One problem with your theory: You are assuming I will predict your entire lineup.

Sure, I'll know who is playing on singles and who is playing on doubles. But that only gives me 7 points. I still have to guess who is going to play on what singles, and who is going to play on what doubles. If you just mix it up, I have more chances of failing my prediction than winning.

It would come down to luck.

If I guessed the correct lineup, I'd win. If you tricked me, I'd lose.

Since I only have 1 guess, and you have 9 possible combinations, the chances are certainly with you. The only reason I would ever try this outrageous gamble is that I NEED 4 wins.

I am not content with just winning the match. I want the first place. I have to go with an outrageous gamble to do that.


Let me explain:Inui (16)
Kai (11)
Aoi (7)
Gakuto (5)

Inui-Kai-Aoi-Gakuto(Doubles)
Possible Doubles:
D1: Inui-Kai
D2:Aoi-Gakuto
Or
D1: Inui-Aoi
D2: Kai-Gakuto
Or
D1: Inui Gakuto
D2: Aoi-Kai

Singles:

Irie-Yagyuu-Chitose.(Singles)
Possible singles
S1:Irie S2: Yagyuu S3: Chitose
S1:Yagyuu S2: Irie S3: Chitose
S1:Chitose S2:Yagyuu S3: Irie
S1:Chitose S2: Irie S3: Yagyuu
S1:Irie S2:Chitose S3: Yagyuu
S1:Yagyuu S2:Chitose S3: Irie
9 possible combinations in total. 6 in singles, 3 in doubles.
I only have one shot. You have 9. I'd say you have the advantage...Or rather, would have.

I don't think anything is truly random. I think I am going to be able to read you, which is how I'm going to win this match. I'll mind rape you to death, and guess your lineup perfectly.

But I wanna make this clear to you: You have 9-to-1 odds of winning if you take the bet. I just think I'll win anyway.

Are you up for it?
 
Last edited:

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One problem with your theory: You are assuming I will predict your entire lineup.

Sure, I'll know who is playing on singles and who is playing on doubles. But that only gives me 7 points. I still have to guess who is going to play on what singles, and who is going to play on what doubles. If you just mix it up, I have more chances of failing my prediction than winning.

It would come down to luck.

If I guessed the correct lineup, I'd win. If you tricked me, I'd lose.

Since I only have 1 guess, and you have 9 possible combinations, the chances are certainly with you. The only reason I would ever try this outrageous gamble is that I NEED 4 wins.

I am not content with just winning the match. I want the first place. I have to go with an outrageous gamble to do that.
<hr noshade size="1">
Let me explain:Inui (16)
Kai (11)
Aoi (7)
Gakuto (5)


9 possible combinations in total. 6 in singles, 3 in doubles.
I only have one shot. You have 9. I'd say you have the advantage...Or rather, would have.

I don't think anything is truly random. I think I am going to be able to read you, which is how I'm going to win this match. I'll mind rape you to death, and guess your lineup perfectly.

But I wanna make this clear to you: You have 9-to-1 odds of winning if you take the bet. I just think I'll win anyway.

Are you up for it?
I PMed on this. No need to fill the forums.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Just noticed one thing...A tie is better than winning. Well, not better, but it's almost as good as winning. +3 points +3 games. Hmm...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top