kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I actually like that very much ^^
Gives it an oldschool, nice feeling~
ITA. The mix of Dragonball and JoJo's is very cool.
 

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

^I'm sorry but what's ITA XD?

I wonder how things will go now that they're inside the mountain~~
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I Totally Agree?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

You guys can see the OVA here, Jump is streaming it:
http://www.shonenjump.com/e/animetour/

You need to use Jump's mangabrowser thing to see it. At least until someone rips it, some people did so last year.
It's really good, though the animation style's kinda different from the original, and Komatsu's hair is really weird. Plus some of the details are cut out because it's putting the 100 pages of the first two chapters into a half-hour episode.

I put the translation of the ED song and some stuff like that here on the livejournal:
http://community.livejournal.com/bishokuya/1314.html
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It's a really good animation ^^ Toriko has this kind of cool vibe all along and Komatsu the exact opposite, so imo - even if diffrent from the original - it's not a bad 'diffrent'

As for the jump browser, I for one had to download a new one, since the 40th anniversary one couldn't play the stream :neutral
 

woduhuk

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

raw for 75 seems to be out on raw paradise already. :O
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom

Raysen_ht

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
77
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

What happened to the latest chapter?
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

A few things didn't come out last week.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

No, just all the Edited Manga groups are being slow as hell...

They're probably busy with end of the year stuff.

I'm trying to figure out what's made Sugoi Scans so behind.
 
Last edited:

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Any news on this?
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'd like to know this too, I mean wth. that arc is heading straight for the climax with cliffhangers (well from not understanding a word hahaha) that are better than the big 3 atm.
I hope you guys (whoever does it, there are actually three or more groups with a notable amount of chapter) can catch up with the two consecutive double issues now ;)
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I am definitely nagging b0mb34man all I can... He doesn't respond all the time. Apparently Draagon is busy or something. I'm trying to figure out what's calling all this stalling, it shouldn't be that bad. I mean Editing after translating isn't that hard... It would seem like everything's partially done for these 3 chapters they're behind by.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

74 and 76 are out.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Does Toriko have a brother? That guy looks just like him, he has to be related some how. That bug guy is insane and creeping me out. He has regurgitated so many creatures it's unbelievable. The bomb incests were a surprise but I'm sure he has even bigger bugs for Toriko when their fight starts soon. I do like his personality. One minute he can be sweet and give you a hug, then stabs you in the back. :amuse
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

77 is up on OneManga, we're now only once chapter behind and that's the latest raw.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Thanks, though grateful for the efforts of all Edited Manga groups, I'll never understand why they don't take the opportunities of holidays to get stuff out.
 
Top