skypiea

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
56
Reaction score
406
Gender
Hidden
Country
China
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Source: 2ch
Verification: Confirmed
text only
858 :2009/09/17(木) 09:24:02 ID:2dA0R9AE0
ばあちゃんが店に連れてってくれて、スープをごちそうしてくれそうな所で終わり
道中で昔のパートナーが次郎だったとか、原油チョコレートの放射能抜きを最初にとか、
フグの毒抜を最初にしたとか、そういった昔話


897 :2009/09/18(金) 01:14:51 ID:21x8pkfhO
http://imepita.jp/20090918/043280

眠い


901 :2009/09/18(金) 02:43:39 ID:p7OiwBc50
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org153415.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org153425.jpg
呼ばれてきた
暗くてゴメン。
3pic


 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Apparantly Sena's old cooking partner was Jirou, the Nocking Master from back in the Pufferfish Whale arc.

The rest of the spoiler's fragmented sentences I don't get... Apparantly they talk on the way to her shop.
It says stuff like "She takes them to her store to eat soup and it ends there." "It was crude oil chocolate without radioactivity in the beginning." "It was when they took out the Puffer Fish Whale's oil originally, stories like that."

Pictures are hard to see.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Komatsu, do you WANT to get shanked? Next week we're probably going to find out that the missing thing from the Century Soup is his smart mouth.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nice chapter. You start to believe the century soup is some meaningless issue, a break after recent arcs. There's something itching. The century soup will have a huge significance to what will come if you ask me. Don't ask me why or how, it's just a feeling I have
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nice chapter. You start to believe the century soup is some meaningless issue, a break after recent arcs. There's something itching. The century soup will have a huge significance to what will come if you ask me. Don't ask me why or how, it's just a feeling I have
Could the missing ingredient be some clue to the "god" ingredient? I'd like to see it head in that direction. At the least I am hoping it draws Toriko out into the Gourmet World. The time has come for them to enter their equivalent of the Grand Line.

The last few chapters have been kind of boring IMO. I'm glad to see it's not lingering in cooking manga land.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I think some other manga could use a bit of this level of build up, I mean starting rather "boring" as Kaiten phrased it, yet with a lot of food and stuff like that which now turns into some kind of battle royal race in an ice desert with some old and some cool new characters (along with two new organizations that were introduced) and even a mystery guy that only got four panels, but will likely act as either main enemy or ally on the way.
And all that with only 68 chapters... Toriko might really be some kind of new One Piece in some way, because it's rather diffrent in so many ways that it's difficult to find the similarities :tem
 

Idol

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
277
Reaction score
6,893
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

i want the raw of volume 05 :(
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This arc is taking a turn for the awesome. Now that we know how the Century Soup occurs in the wild I am even more of a fan of that dish. We are also getting to see some pretty interesting characters from other major food groups out there. It has been the Heavenly Kings and the Evil Robot people for a while now, so the Gourmet Knights and the Mafia people are a welcome addition to the mix.

Can you hear that gurgle, Komatsu? The one which almost sounds like it is saying "candy gram"?

LAND SHARK!

I've always wondered what Shark tastes like. I don't eat seafood, but that one seems like something I would risk getting sick to try.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Definitely an interesting chapter. This could end up being a very good arc. I'm looking forward to Ice Hell. I like that they aren't after some sort of animal this time. They have to survive the terrain, survive whatever beasts are in the way but like BB corn the target isn't a living thing.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Zombie and his cronies have the uncanny ability to survive by being just slightly out of the way when evil people show up.

A couple cool looking animals in this chapter. We aren't seeing them comment on the actual taste of any of these, so I'm guessing that the taste of them may not be that high. Eating here is more about survival than flavor.

The amount of times that we have heard about Zebra in this arc make me think we are going to be seeing him after the Century Soup stuff is over. Plus, Toriko has had the Jewel Meat power-up already and the natural Century Soup might help him break through a second wall, so he should be able to at least survive through the savage moves of Zebra. My bigger question is what will Zebra do when he gets out? He is being set up as a person everybody is wary of, so will he team up with the Bishokukai or go off on his own evil path?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well, Zebra is a Four Heavenly King so he'd be helping them.

I'm confused about who the masked guy is. Apparantly he's genuinely one of the people trying to get the soup, like a separate group from the Bishokukai, but someone strong like them.

Also, I finished my translations of Volume 1... I started translating at what's the beginning of V3. So I gotta work my way through the other 9 chapters and do all the omakes.
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm assuming that was Zebra at the end, and he destroyed Tommygun and his cronies.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm assuming that was Zebra at the end, and he destroyed Tommygun and his cronies.
I don't think he is Zebra, I think he is Jirou.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah, pretty clearly Jirou.
Zebra has brown hair and really big. Jirou's size varies, and seeing as he was talked about a lot in the beginning of this arc, it makes sense.

I'll get to translating this chapter soon, just have a lot of school work today...

And who the hell is Tommygun? His name is Tommyrod. And they never fight, he just uses knocking on his bugs.
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nah Jirou's body isn't shaped like that. He was the guy from back in the Puffer Whale arc, I guess I could be wrong, it could be another one of that lady's disciples due to the hair.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Jirou's body shape changed, if you recall.
Also, seeing as he's called "Knocking Master" and all the bugs were knocked, and there's no point in having a character hidden if we haven't seen him before, then it's gotta be him. I really doubt it's someone else.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The thing with Toriko is that if the art was up to par or even better yet pioneering, it'd be one of the best manga's WSJ have under it's belt, but instead it looks like a throwback from the eighties.
 

Idol

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
277
Reaction score
6,893
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

No one have the raw of Toriko Volume 05?
 

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The thing with Toriko is that if the art was up to par or even better yet pioneering, it'd be one of the best manga's WSJ have under it's belt, but instead it looks like a throwback from the eighties.

I actually like that very much ^^
Gives it an oldschool, nice feeling~
 
Top