Game Fan League Discussion Thread

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Cut it out with that auto-loss crap. I think that'd be ok, but under a different name.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
B-But I like risk! I LIKE RISK DAMMIT!

Okay, then how about...uh...All Around Killer? Counter Puncher?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'll think of a name... AND I DON'T CARE WHETHER YOU LIKE RISK!
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wakato is already plenty useful, though. The point of all arounders is that they don't have a natural weakness to their playstyle. I think the current way Wakato works is just fine.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hmm, there are arguments for both sides, so I'll hear out some more opinions on the matter, I suppose.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
In the anime, Wakato's point was that he could counter everything. Even against all arounders, he had other all arounder players he could copy who just had different styles.

How about "Trickster" as a play style? +3 to all his stats vs All Arounders, -1.5 vs everything else.

...AND I REALLY LIKE THE RISK.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think I'd rather name it 'Constant Adaption' or something.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, that sounds better than Trickster.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
So how much character can we keep next season? I liked Ryoma and will keep him if possible, but I surely like Kin-chan more.
We commented (nothing is decided yet)that for next season every user could keep two players of his current team. I posted that I'd like Golden Pair, if that happens, beacuse I love them and also in the league are pretty good. If you want to keep Koshimae and/or Kin-chan (and you have all the rights to do that), nobody could take them.

About Kajimoto: I don't care. It's a character only useful if the user is Sherlock (same goes to Mizuki and Niou, every one except him won't use them at 100%).
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
We commented (nothing is decided yet)that for next season every user could keep two players of his current team. I posted that I'd like Golden Pair, if that happens, beacuse I love them and also in the league are pretty good. If you want to keep Koshimae and/or Kin-chan (and you have all the rights to do that), nobody could take them.

About Kajimoto: I don't care. It's a character only useful if the user is Sherlock (same goes to Mizuki and Niou, every one except him won't use them at 100%).
Mizuki,Niou, and Wakato.
...By the way, any chance you'd trade Kajimoto+Shiraishi for English Pair? Haha.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Mizuki cost can easily be 30+ Should at least be 25, minimum.

Mizuki could be a useful character no matter who use him. I think. But I got to admit I didn't expect 2 gay pair guess.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You might have when you had seen last season...
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
IMAO Kajimoto should be better:
He was invited to the camp VS American Team

Kajimoto (6, 4, 4, 8, 22) 15
All-rounder

-A Captain’s Pride [Opening Feat]:
If Kajimoto is lower than 1-3 levels of his opponent and his team has lost 1-2 matches it’s an automatic tie.

-MILF Coach Training [Feat]
If Kajimoto's base Power is lower than his rival, Kajimoto's Power get boosted until reach oponent's Power

-L-Doru Serve [Effect]:
Kajimoto’s Power is boosted by 4 points, his Control is boosted by 2 points.

About Reiji? Reduce his points to 13 or 12
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah, anime Kajimoto maybe but manga Kajimoto lost to Kiraku.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They were only created due to a lack of characters, Kajimoto on the other hand was displayed in the manga and we use the manga as a standard as far as it's possible.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'll have to second that I don't think Kajimoto needs to be made stronger. For the most part, this league is made up of the manga canon characters. The only reason Jousei Shounan and the US Selection Team are in is because of a lack of other characters in that level.

In the manga, Jousei Shounan is pretty much destroyed by Midoriyama who were in turn dominated by Seigaku (half their matches weren't even shown in the manga). Furthermore, discounting the OVAs, most of the anime counterparts of the canon characters seems to be much weaker than their manga counterparts (Like Sanada....). Given that, I don't think Kajimoto would really stand a chance against most of the manga characters anyhow.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I don't know much about anime, but if 3 of the US teams are here, why not add the whole team? It wouldn't be a bad idea would it?

One more character I would like to see is Nanjirou, we see more of his tech than Zaizen, and Zaizen is in.

Oh, and also Matsudaira.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Kevin was originally the only character.

Billy was made cause Sherlock wanted a Joke character with his ton of left over points.

Michael I made just to give Billy his doubles partner.

Nanjirou is a defintie no simply because I think he would be too overpowered. I means at minimum he gets 15 to all stats and and is pretty much instant win against anyone.

Matsudaira I could make, but he would be low tier.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
15? Nanjirou would easily have 30 in all stats with some really neat effects... we can add him at a cost of 200 if you want.
 
Top