Pinoy Hang-out Thread v. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
RE: energy crisis

Meralco is pulling out the Noynoy card.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
i don't get it, hunt.

why are you up so early on a saturday, btw?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Is it early? I woke up at 9am, which is considered already late. (Sis wakes up at 1pm if left alone, but that's another story...)

Meralco is practicing their price control measures. Remember the Meralco was a government corporation UNTIL Cory gave it to one of her friends.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
MD, Don't you just love it when you're in a call center and your not working there to take calls!?

just had that leap also last year. finally I'm off the phones, the work's a breeze and I'm on day shift! What more can I ask!? Oh~I'm soooo loving my "desktop support" chair! (*kisses it*)
I so wanted out of calls, I began working for it as soon as I left probation (6 months), and got promoted not until a year later to an analyst. I wanted to be a TL but in hindsight that was way better. I could basically tell people they suck while doing the things I actually love.

I was also going to rant about the whole "third world" concept but im not going to bother. I remember a argument with a teacher in school who was convinced the whole "gulf" was in poverty because it was defined as third world in our textbook. Idiot.
That's in the UK right? So these things actually exist in countries with non-substandard educational systems?

I was never in any mood to tackle first world/third world things. not even after that post.

it takes way too much energy. And we're in an energy crisis now, in all worlds.

that was a joke, laugh, bitches.
<hr noshade size="1">
That's why I make it a point never to talk about what I can or cannot afford over the internet :D.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
PS: I was over this thread and talking video games, and i mentioned third world countries so emulators aren't too bad.

blah blah blah.

some two days and some posts later I mentioned I never played pokemon, and this guy says "sorry, third-world person :comfort"

-___________________-

It wasn't even sarcastic, it was sincere~!~~~

I hate that it was sincere pity, man!
boohoo..!! couldn't agree more. i kinda get the feeling that you hated it cuz it felt real and relevant as to how we really are as a country rather than how that guy felt. oh well.

MD, Don't you just love it when you're in a call center and your not working there to take calls!?

just had that leap also last year. finally I'm off the phones, the work's a breeze and I'm on day shift! What more can I ask!? Oh~I'm soooo loving my "desktop support" chair! (*kisses it*)
uh yeah!! my sched's the only thing that's a snag to all this pretty life im going thru right now. but aside from that, im loving it! and now i can to a lot of flirtwalking.. and work.. *grin*

I so wanted out of calls, I began working for it as soon as I left probation (6 months), and got promoted not until a year later to an analyst. I wanted to be a TL but in hindsight that was way better. I could basically tell people they suck while doing the things I actually love.
analyst? is that for reports? or like that one in workforce management? anyway, its better than taking calls.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
analyst? is that for reports? or like that one in workforce management? anyway, its better than taking calls.
Well, WFM is also about reports, but yeah, reports. Infinitely better, i may add. Especially when you're smarter than most of management.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well, WFM is also about reports, but yeah, reports. Infinitely better, i may add. Especially when you're smarter than most of management.
well, your particular group of people, in most call centers, are actually way smarter than most of the management. i know. i had first hand experience :D


LOL she'd rather do solo act. choosing will make her go crazy.
 
Last edited:

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
it's supposed to stay like that even if you quoted it...

unless you've been gone before the multi-quote button showed up??? :o dinosaur!!!!!


really? what's your job these days bakashiji?
I actually was quite active when multi-quotes came, thank you very much, but I wasn't the type of forumer who'd click the quote button to answer. I just type the syntax in the Quick Response box at the bottom and then copy paste your messages. That way I won't have to load a new page.

But then since not using the multi-quote feature means I'm coming from the prehistoric era, I'll satisfy you BB with a my first ever (I think) multi-quoted reply here at the Hangout Thread (using the multi-quote feature).

Oh and my job I think's the same with MD. I'm a desktop support for a call center site.
Job description would be: Go to work, sit, read emails, download torrents, watch movies, eat lunch fix a few computers, go home.

^ I know, i can hardly find the energy to post nowadays.


:oh
Oh yes~ and we here hardly have the energy to get up because of this stupid heat!


I so wanted out of calls, I began working for it as soon as I left probation (6 months), and got promoted not until a year later to an analyst. I wanted to be a TL but in hindsight that was way better. I could basically tell people they suck while doing the things I actually love.

Well, WFM is also about reports, but yeah, reports. Infinitely better, i may add. Especially when you're smarter than most of management.
Hey you're a WFM? Does M mean manager? Or just member? When I was a Help Desk, I used to speak (flirt) with the WF since they're the ones reporting the high priority issues to us.

uh yeah!! my sched's the only thing that's a snag to all this pretty life im going thru right now. but aside from that, im loving it! and now i can to a lot of flirtwalking.. and work.. *grin*

why? what's your sched? I love my sched since I'm working during the day. problem is I don't have night differential. Plus the only ones who you can flirt to are aged Finance and HR analysts. There're hardly any agents on the floor when I'm on shift.
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Hey you're a WFM? Does M mean manager? Or just member? When I was a Help Desk, I used to speak (flirt) with the WF since they're the ones reporting the high priority issues to us.
Management. Nah, I wasn't WFM, I was in sales, but I had access to all the tools they had, plus the ones I used for sales. The major difference is they did the schedules, while I had to create and watch sales targets.

I had to quit around 3 years ago, though. Call centers destroy health with all the sitting around doing repetitive stuff. Especially when I could just sit around doing nothing all day because I automated all my work for me :P.


EDIT: Come to think of it, I shoulda spent that sitting around time flirting around with girls. Hmmm, but I did that, I would've been given more work.
 
Last edited:

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
True! Call Center life destroys health and social life. That's why we balance it with 60% movie watching, 30% sleeping and 10% working.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
fuck. I hate deadlines.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Oh and my job I think's the same with MD. I'm a desktop support for a call center site.
Job description would be: Go to work, sit, read emails, download torrents, watch movies, eat lunch fix a few computers, go home.
ditto.

Hey you're a WFM? Does M mean manager? Or just member? When I was a Help Desk, I used to speak (flirt) with the WF since they're the ones reporting the high priority issues to us.
yes we do. IT and WFM (or OSC as we call it here) work hand in hand, like in most call centers. i dont, well cant, flirt with them cuz they're almost always so busy to even mind you. LOL flirtwalking is more like it *grin*


why? what's your sched? I love my sched since I'm working during the day. problem is I don't have night differential. Plus the only ones who you can flirt to are aged Finance and HR analysts. There're hardly any agents on the floor when I'm on shift.
it's staggered. im like the swingman of the team, for obvious reasons that im the only one who's not married, so i do the dirty work in the lamest hours of the shift. you cant really enjoy the night diff, its just enough to pay for the taxes and deductions.

True! Call Center life destroys health and social life. That's why we balance it with 60% movie watching, 30% sleeping and 10% working.
im happy that i find that same balance in other people as well. :D instead of movies, i concentrate more on u.s. tv series.

@ bss - sang center ka pre? pm lang if ayaw mo ma public. :)

@ hunt - got one, huh?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
not one, but a whole shitload. Must pass them all if I want to be included in the graduation list.

Funny, I don't wanna be included in the graduation list...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Job description would be: Go to work, sit, read emails, download torrents, watch movies, eat lunch fix a few computers, go home.
you can actually download while at werk???


re: office flirting...

man call centers have it hard. Or should I say... easy?

but... that's nearly as much "beating" we have to take in the kitchen. The kitchen is the sexiest place ever. And where people think it's okay to talk like that so much because we're not in an office, or don't wear suits... like where the curtain falls nobody can see us that everyone just feels too free -_-

It's actually very hard to fend off innuendos while keeping the work mode going. :s
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
not one, but a whole shitload. Must pass them all if I want to be included in the graduation list.

Funny, I don't wanna be included in the graduation list...
aaahhh... i wish i thought of that before... :(

you can actually download while at werk???
we have a seperate pc with naked dsl. a lot of nsfw stuff going on there.

re: office flirting...

man call centers have it hard. Or should I say... easy?

but... that's nearly as much "beating" we have to take in the kitchen. The kitchen is the sexiest place ever. And where people think it's okay to talk like that so much because we're not in an office, or don't wear suits... like where the curtain falls nobody can see us that everyone just feels too free -_-

It's actually very hard to fend off innuendos while keeping the work mode going. :s
i feel like cooking now.. there's a table.. and a sink.. very sexy.. *grin*
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
you can actually download while at werk???


re: office flirting...

man call centers have it hard. Or should I say... easy?

but... that's nearly as much "beating" we have to take in the kitchen. The kitchen is the sexiest place ever. And where people think it's okay to talk like that so much because we're not in an office, or don't wear suits... like where the curtain falls nobody can see us that everyone just feels too free -_-

It's actually very hard to fend off innuendos while keeping the work mode going. :s
Since when is the kitchen sexy? The only way I've ever found the kitchen to be sexy is if a sexy woman were cooking for me in my imagination(preferably with only an apron on). And sexy nekkid girls with only an apron on are sexy anywhere. I find them actually scary what with all the deadly tools lying around.

Or maybe it's just the himono-otoko in me speaking :).

And yeah, working in a call center is really easy skill-wise. You just need to memorize a few lines to pass. The interaction skills needed follow naturally and/or with little training.

Unfortunately, though, a lot of Filipinos aren't qualified because a lot of our English teachers suck at speaking the language. I'm already anticipating with dread the day Japanese and Koreans surpass our English skills.


Man I'm getting stale trying to finish this month's order. Machines are chugging in the background 10-16 hours a day and I've marathon-ed all the following series so far (most within the past 2 weeks):

1. You're Beautiful
2. That Fool
3. GTO
4. City Hall
5. Kamen Rider Decade
6. MR. BRAIN
7. Psych Season 4
8. Mop Girl
9. Kiina
10. BOSS
11. Hotaru no Hikari
12. JIN

Sadly, this is going to go on until the end of the month. "Trick" is on the way, and I might just finish PRIDE. At this rate I'm going to spend my birthday stuck in my little house-office.

At least I think I'm getting better at Japanese listening comprehension, though my Korean listening still sucks.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
i feel like cooking now.. there's a table.. and a sink.. very sexy.. *grin*
obviously you don't spend time in there enough...

"you mind warming that up" could have five meanings in an instant. Or "you're holding that thing wrong" or "push it really tight but careful or it might blow up all its load" etc etc

you forget, we work with food, and food can take all shapes and sizes, textures...

"chef do you want me to do this rough?"
"oh I do like it rough, yes."

Besides, like I said, they can say all those stuff with ulterior motives and sexual intent because they think that the kitchen is backdoor and it's physical labor... Like, it's not a formal workplace to most people so no social workers can check up on them. :s

Sadly, this is going to go on until the end of the month. "Trick" is on the way, and I might just finish PRIDE. At this rate I'm going to spend my birthday stuck in my little house-office.
you haven't finished with Pride yet??
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
you haven't finished with Pride yet??
No, mainly because I suck :(. Yuko Takeuchi is such a bijin in the dorama (even if she's not all that really in her other appearances), and I hate that Kimutaku is an ass at the beginning. I don't want them to have a romance. And some other forums spoiled me by implying that Aki's actions at the beginning of the series would make anyone want to "drag her face on the hockey ice".
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
@ bbsai - ooohh that sounds.. like me. LOL

we get those kind of vibe flying around here, and them girls would just laugh at it. who knows, the chick might dig you. if that's so, magpasalamat ka hijo. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top