All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I try to stay away from using naruto and bleach for sigs but i think they represent most of the themes pretty well. I will make one with kakashi when i get better editing skills. I also was trying to get a bubbles effect but i kinda failed there lol.
look forward to your final results and thanks :D

btw Farfalla I love all your sigs :D
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thank u!^^ Saw this effect on the web and decided to try... There's a lot of flaws in what I did xD but at least I could see how is to do something like that^^
Hmmm nice sig :)

I think you could've used the whole render without cropping the bottom part.
Boobs are something holy... dont cut one like that =P ! ! !


I try to stay away from using naruto and bleach for sigs but i think they represent most of the themes pretty well. I will make one with kakashi when i get better editing skills. I also was trying to get a bubbles effect but i kinda failed there lol.
look forward to your final results and thanks :D

btw Farfalla I love all your sigs :D
Did you forget to put some text or you wanted it like that?
Great signature ... Jiraya's death fits the theme very well.
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hmmm nice sig :)

I think you could've used the whole render without cropping the bottom part.
Boobs are something holy... dont cut one like that =P ! ! !
<hr noshade size="1">


Did you forget to put some text or you wanted it like that?
Great signature ... Jiraya's death fits the theme very well.
I was gonna put the text but it made the sig look a bit uglier than it already is :darn "A ninja isn't measured by the way he lives, but by the way he dies."
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ty, guys^^ It was a pain to make her come out of the "picture" XD
And the image was already cropped there, Shin ;-; Not that I'm a boobs fan xP but I'd prefer if I could have used the whole girl too ;-;
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

It's 5 AM and I made a sig ... I'm sure I'm going to regret this submission in the morning.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I was gonna put the text but it made the sig look a bit uglier than it already is :darn "A ninja isn't measured by the way he lives, but by the way he dies."
Yeah, that's a nice quote and good idea!

I've been trying to put quotes in the few sigs I've tried to make, it definitely seems difficult to make it look right. I'm not really pleased with my text either. Since I'm new at this I'd appreciate any advice/comments from anyone here. Thanks.
 

D. Hawk

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
380
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Nice work Far! You know i like that stile, you'll have my vote!
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ty, Hawk xD I know, for me this is like "Hawk Style" lol xD! Glad u liked^^ When I saw the tutorial, it reminded me of u xD!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

So many awesome Underwater sig submissions so far! Great work everyone! :thumbs Keep them coming. This contest will be tricky to win...
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

and Dang, there seems to be a lot of votes coming in!
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yes, there are several lovely underwater submission thus far, I hope to see some more soon. Just a reminder that you still have two days to vote for the winner of the moon sig contest and the winner of Spring Signature Contest! Please make sure you cast your vote for both. :wtf
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Oh I had no idea there was voting going on for that~ and mine just missed the cut off for "Spring" eh? T_T
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I missed alot this year :X
Too many good signatures out there. Mangahelpers is blessed with many graphic artists ;) I'm really proud to be a part of this community.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Oh I had no idea there was voting going on for that~ and mine just missed the cut off for "Spring" eh? T_T
Don't fret. The Seasonal Art Contests happen each season, and so your signature will be in the Summer Signature Contest. :)

I missed alot this year :X
Too many good signatures out there. Mangahelpers is blessed with many graphic artists ;) I'm really proud to be a part of this community.
That is so true. :hbunny


:confetti
The winner of the moon signature contest has been decided, and the winner is ~Coffee~!!! Congratulations on getting another signature into the Summer Signature Contest! :D
:confetti

Be sure to wish ~Coffee~ your congratulatory sentiments for his victory!​


By the way, I should also call attention to the winners of the Spring Signature Contest. For the full story, go here, but to sum it up, in 3rd place is Farfalla. In 2nd place is Razeus, ...and in 1st place, for the fourth consecutive seasonal victory, making him Signature Artist of the Year, is ... dHEKU! :worship2

They also deserve your congratulations and reverence. Look upon them in all of their glory! :5s-hugs
 
Last edited:

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

MUAHEUOHAUHEUAHEUOHAUHEUOAHEUOAHOHA! *evil laugh* <_>

My plan is now COMPLETE! I am the "Signature Artist of the Year," I can sleep happy and satisfied with my power! kukukukuku

thanks to EVERYONE who helped me with this unprecedented victory! my badges are amazing! *-*[/overpower off]

I dont like speeches, and my english still needs to be improved, so...I'll stop - but my feelings of gratitude are true.

Obrigado ao pessoal br também =D
queria muito ganhar isso pra "auto-estimar-me":beer
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats dHEKU, looks like you really did complete your "plan" :D
Congrats to Coffe winning the Moon sig too
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats dHEKU your work is great keep up!

And *Congrats Coffe !!*
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

They also deserve your congratulations and reverence. Look upon them in all of their glory! :5s-hugs
:confetti
Congratulations Coffee~​
:confetti​

I like all the moon sig submissions. Good job everyone! So that's two victories for you, Coffee~ and one for me!? I will not lose! I'll make a comeback one day. :shakefist

Congrats to dHEKU! Great all-round effort in these art contests, you inspire your fellow peers and noobs like me in these contests and I'll be looking forward to your future work(s) of art. A well-deserved victory. ;) Now help me plz.

Congrats to Farfalla as well! I always like the way you use and implement music lyrics to go with your signatures. I'm sure you'll do even better next time round. 5 seconds isn't enough.T_T

MUAHEUOHAUHEUAHEUOHAUHEUOAHEUOAHOHA! *evil laugh* <_>

My plan is now COMPLETE! I am the "Signature Artist of the Year," I can sleep happy and satisfied with my power! kukukukuku

thanks to EVERYONE who helped me with this unprecedented victory! my badges are amazing! *-*[/overpower off]

I dont like speeches, and my english still needs to be improved, so...I'll stop - but my feelings of gratitude are true.

Obrigado ao pessoal br também =D
queria muito ganhar isso pra "auto-estimar-me":beer
Awesome "speech". You deserved it dude! Congrats again. :D

Congrats dHEKU, looks like you really did complete your "plan" :D
Congrats to Coffe winning the Moon sig too
He sure did. Those four badges are the real deal. Saikou!!! :blink
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Whoa, that was a suprise~~

@ dHEKU
-Thats awesome 4 seasonal victories in a row??? Epic. *Claps for Sig Artist of the Year*

@ Buggy Fly
-Your posts are always fun to read~ Keep fighting against me~ Ill stay on my toes~


and to add a quick question directed towards Tsukisama ~ : I had no idea about the seasonal votings~ So maybe an advance warning or link next time, for MH noobs like me? XD
 
Last edited:

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Whoa, that was a suprise~~

@ dHEKU
-Thats awesome 4 seasonal victories in a row??? Epic. *Claps for Sig Artist of the Year*
thanks. Congrtz on the victory too =D

I'm kinda busy with college and things in my Manga Editor, so i will not show up much here this year ... ^^'
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top