Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010
that would be in the opening sequence I believe~
that would be in the opening sequence I believe~

)

Looks intense, I haven't read or watched Hellsing though, so I don't understand the context.http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/T33_K3SS3LCH3N/Anime Manga/SerasBlut.jpg
My favorite moment ever involving blood![]()
There is no context to it, it's only from the introLooks intense, I haven't read or watched Hellsing though, so I don't understand the context.


How risque can we get with the render/s for the theme?
<hr noshade size="1">
Or gory?
Yeah... Blood is the focus. So, a lot of blood is okay, but I don't really want to see a lot of gore (e.g., eyeballs out of the socket, entrails hanging out, basically anything that looks grossthats a good question hatsuharu, I've always been wondering about that as well, I even got nervous and did some render editing on one of my sigs, but when you look through the hall of fame for the sigs, there is one that is showing quite a bit of skin.... on the account of gore, I have no idea...
P.S. I got my gallery!!! *Hugs Tsukisama*

).
The bottom part is not acceptableI wondered about the limits of violence as well, especially since I've got a lot of Berserk at the moment
Is this still acceptable?
![]()
, but that cropped portion you used in a later post is fine.Those, however, would be totally okay.I'ld love to make something about Hellsing, hmmm...
http://magazyn-arigato.com.pl/upload//chibi/anime/hellsing2.jpg
<3
<hr noshade size="1">
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/T33_K3SS3LCH3N/Anime Manga/selas.jpg

Looks nice and realistic.
I started an Assassin's Creed sig quickly last night and it actually came together pretty nicely in a short amount of time, by my standards = 3 hours.
I just had to make an AC sig, because there are so many nice HQ renders for it. I'm making it have lots of blood; I hope I can make the spatter look realistic, like Coffee's. I only did the first blood layer so far, and IMO it's decent but, I need to add the shading to the blood still. Hopefully I will succeed in this. Will post a preview, once I switch computers.





Well, the coloring contest is a tad different. For one thing, it is not something headed by me solely, and so I don't know how vintagemistakes might feel about allowing the image. Secondly, the coloring contest is all about coloring a scene from a manga, and so the sensibilities may be a little different.
Gotta pixelate my colouring contest entry partially then xD
Glad you like the sig thus far.@DeBaron - greaaat! Assassin's Creed *O*
keep it up! it's looking really cool...
(kind of off topic... what is coming out in november? o_o After seeing the end of AC2, I'm crazy thinking about a third chapter... I don't know if I can stand waiting...)
I'm struggling with the blood though.
[/tsuki]I guess you didn't read Berserk :PWell, the coloring contest is a tad different. For one thing, it is not something headed by me solely, and so I don't know how vintagemistakes might feel about allowing the image. Secondly, the coloring contest is all about coloring a scene from a manga, and so the sensibilities may be a little different.
So, if you are concerned about your entry for the coloring contest, I would suggest that you also PM Vinty to see what he thinks. (I am guessing that we probably would share a similar opinion, but he might be open to it for that contest and, if he is okay with it, then I would also be. I just think that gory images are very distasteful and do not want them in the Sig Contest.)
If it does turn out that the image is not appropriate for the coloring contest, then I would suggest that you choose another manga page or panel to color, because the contest is all about the colorization and pixelating part of the image would likely hinder your coloring efforts.

