All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

that would be in the opening sequence I believe~
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Godlike, thanks alot, now I know why I couldn't remember :D
(The artist hangout thread should be used more but I guess everyone is afraid of my spam in there, just ignore it :oh)
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:onoz I just got an awesome idea. Something really bloodly from my favorite video game series, Assassin's Creed! Ah, the possibilities....


d'oh, typo!
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

she does something like that with integeras finger as well~ XD
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Looks intense, I haven't read or watched Hellsing though, so I don't understand the context.
There is no context to it, it's only from the intro :amuse
Apart from Seras beeing turned into a vampire but not really wanting it, especially the blood drinking part - so she's kinda struggling with herself in that shot.

@ Coffee: Yep but I think it only exists in Hellsing Ultimate, which I personally hated :amuse
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/T33_K3SS3LCH3N/Anime Manga/selas2.jpg
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

You already have great ideas. I am kind of lost here. There are too many possibilities :S
Berserk is one of them but sadly, I have already made some Berserk signatures in the past :(
...
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I think there are great side characters in Berserk, one of them might be a solution. I love putting minor characters into the spotlight, regardless of the series. Maybe you can find something this way - though there most likely won't any finished renders out there for them.
Or taking a look at Shigurui again, possibly.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

How risque can we get with the render/s for the theme?
<hr noshade size="1">
Or gory?
thats a good question hatsuharu, I've always been wondering about that as well, I even got nervous and did some render editing on one of my sigs, but when you look through the hall of fame for the sigs, there is one that is showing quite a bit of skin.... on the account of gore, I have no idea...

P.S. I got my gallery!!! *Hugs Tsukisama*
Yeah... Blood is the focus. So, a lot of blood is okay, but I don't really want to see a lot of gore (e.g., eyeballs out of the socket, entrails hanging out, basically anything that looks gross :barf:xp).

If you have something about which you are unsure, just post it in this thread to get some opinions. :tem


I wondered about the limits of violence as well, especially since I've got a lot of Berserk at the moment ;)
Is this still acceptable?
The bottom part is not acceptable :ban, but that cropped portion you used in a later post is fine.

Those, however, would be totally okay. :thumbs
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:(
Gotta pixelate my colouring contest entry partially then xD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

So you hated Ultimate? some of it is iffy and other parts I think are awesome cake!!
The two parts a like the best so far are the when he goes to the Hotel all dressed up, and when he crashed SR 71 (wasnt it SR 71?) into the ship.

@Tsukisama - Thank you for clearing that up~

@Everyone - hows this so far???
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Coffee - Great blood spatter effect!:D Looks nice and realistic.

I'm glad we can have a lot of blood.:) I started an Assassin's Creed sig quickly last night and it actually came together pretty nicely in a short amount of time, by my standards = 3 hours.-_-; I just had to make an AC sig, because there are so many nice HQ renders for it. I'm making it have lots of blood; I hope I can make the spatter look realistic, like Coffee's. I only did the first blood layer so far, and IMO it's decent but, I need to add the shading to the blood still. Hopefully I will succeed in this. Will post a preview, once I switch computers.


Here it is:



I'm so excited for the new game coming out in November, and always wanted an AC sig, so now I'll finally have one, when I'm done. :D
 
Last edited:

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Coffee: Looks really nice stylistically, but that person (?) in the middle confuses me, probably because I haven't ever seen it before, I can't even determine where the face is :D

@ DeBaron: Nice :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

lol the face is where the eyes are? XD its Caster from Fate/Stay Night

and another sig attempt XD
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ok ok with that additional info I understand :amuse
That new concept is great, I love it :D


I'm puzzling over a Hellsing version right now, still in colouring phase though.
 
Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@DeBaron - greaaat! Assassin's Creed *O*
keep it up! it's looking really cool...
(kind of off topic... what is coming out in november? o_o After seeing the end of AC2, I'm crazy thinking about a third chapter... I don't know if I can stand waiting...)

@Coffee - the Blood in your sig looks great!

Seras is awesome... I love her XD
this week, after my brother finnally bought the final volumes of Hellsing, I could read the end of it XD

Oh god... blood theme sounds promising... but I think I won't be able to do any sig... my computer won't be back in time, I'm afraid Ç_Ç
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:(
Gotta pixelate my colouring contest entry partially then xD
Well, the coloring contest is a tad different. For one thing, it is not something headed by me solely, and so I don't know how vintagemistakes might feel about allowing the image. Secondly, the coloring contest is all about coloring a scene from a manga, and so the sensibilities may be a little different.

So, if you are concerned about your entry for the coloring contest, I would suggest that you also PM Vinty to see what he thinks. (I am guessing that we probably would share a similar opinion, but he might be open to it for that contest and, if he is okay with it, then I would also be. I just think that gory images are very distasteful and do not want them in the Sig Contest.)

If it does turn out that the image is not appropriate for the coloring contest, then I would suggest that you choose another manga page or panel to color, because the contest is all about the colorization and pixelating part of the image would likely hinder your coloring efforts.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@DeBaron - greaaat! Assassin's Creed *O*
keep it up! it's looking really cool...
(kind of off topic... what is coming out in november? o_o After seeing the end of AC2, I'm crazy thinking about a third chapter... I don't know if I can stand waiting...)
Glad you like the sig thus far.:) I'm struggling with the blood though. :darn

The third game is coming out Nov. 16th. It's not AC3, but AC: Brotherhood. So kinda like 2.5, where you play as Ezio again and it takes place mostly in Rome. It also has multiplayer and you can play as other charcters or call them in to help Ezio. Not sure if I will like this new feature or not, but I still look forward to the game. As a medieval historian, this is pretty much the best game ever for me!!!

[tsuki]I edited the post to fix it. I hope this is what you were trying to do. If not, PM me to let me know :lovebunny[/tsuki]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well, the coloring contest is a tad different. For one thing, it is not something headed by me solely, and so I don't know how vintagemistakes might feel about allowing the image. Secondly, the coloring contest is all about coloring a scene from a manga, and so the sensibilities may be a little different.

So, if you are concerned about your entry for the coloring contest, I would suggest that you also PM Vinty to see what he thinks. (I am guessing that we probably would share a similar opinion, but he might be open to it for that contest and, if he is okay with it, then I would also be. I just think that gory images are very distasteful and do not want them in the Sig Contest.)

If it does turn out that the image is not appropriate for the coloring contest, then I would suggest that you choose another manga page or panel to color, because the contest is all about the colorization and pixelating part of the image would likely hinder your coloring efforts.
I guess you didn't read Berserk :P
If I'm correct, I think that your opinion about gory images my change once you read them :D

Just a guess :maracas
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top