Shounen Enigma by Sakaki Kenji

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
[Cross];2244105 said:
If I recall, they have food supplies, it probably just glossed over the parts when they're eating.
Do you know when Chapter 16 is going to be up?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I'm starting to think that there must be a different time dimension within the school because Kurisu looks the same since the 2nd e-test. His hair isn't grown out and his clothes are in good condition. I also can't recall seeing any students eating or falling asleep due to fatigue since the start of the test.
Couldn't it be that the shadow who took control of him decided to live in the photo. In a photo you never age, you can never die because the time dimension doesn't work there. If you have the disadvantages (eg the burning of a photo) then the most logical thing is that you can profit from the advantages too. Iirc, he was present in the photo when they attained the first password (the scene in which Motou(?) made that guy disappear), hence why that face changed on that photo
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Last edited:

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
I'm starting to think that there must be a different time dimension within the school because Kurisu looks the same since the 2nd e-test. His hair isn't grown out and his clothes are in good condition. I also can't recall seeing any students eating or falling asleep due to fatigue since the start of the test.
[Cross];2244105 said:
If I recall, they have food supplies, it probably just glossed over the parts when they're eating.
Definitely was just glossed over, it was Aru who had found a box of rations, and as for sleep the women so far aside from Haiba have fallen asleep due to fatigue. Though I do think it is in a different dimension at least given the scene where they all believed that the sun had finally risen and tried to call out to the bystanders - seeing as all those bystanders were all shadows - outside of school. As for Kurisu not aging I do hope there is an explanation and not just a decision to draw him that way.

Couldn't it be that the shadow who took control of him decided to live in the photo. In a photo you never age, you can never die because the time dimension doesn't work there. If you have the disadvantages (eg the burning of a photo) then the most logical thing is that you can profit from the advantages too. Iirc, he was present in the photo when they attained the first password (the scene in which Motou(?) made that guy disappear), hence why that face changed on that photo
That is actually one of the stranger things... I would understand if it was the photo but remember the photo was printed on disappearing ink so had Kurisu really been residing in that photo he himself would be in trouble of disappearing like the contents as it is exposed to air. Hence, the group having to snap a shot of the photo with their cellphone. I also saw no opportunity for him to somehow enter the cellphone as seen here.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/enigma/v01/c003/25.html

Yet, somehow Kurisu's able to smile on a cellphone photo that I really don't see how he entered... Makes even less sense when the actual photo is not in Haiba's group but with Hiinsa's. Also I was thinking Kurisu was the shadow that was talking to the President that mentioned he could finally move around freely now that the President had been captured - seeing as only the president knew him.

On a sidenote another thing to ponder on:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/enigma/v01/c006/19.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/enigma/v01/c002/24.html

The so called pedestrians outside the school are also the failed contestants who also don't appear to have aged. Meaning... its a high possibility that the shadow talking to the president was Kurisu since the other contestants who could potentially have been the shadow in school are all outside filling the role of pedestrians.
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They mentioned the previous e-test was "The second e-test". And there were 3 failed people in that plus Kurisu. So the rest of the people could be from the first test, but we don't know anything about that. Or it could be another thing entirely.

Also in chapter 16 Matsurigi figures out that it was indeed real-time, and he woke up 72 hours after the test started, corresponding exactly.
People only took naps for a few hours at a time. At the end of chapter 16, they're at the 24 hour mark.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
They mentioned the previous e-test was "The second e-test". And there were 3 failed people in that plus Kurisu. So the rest of the people could be from the first test, but we don't know anything about that. Or it could be another thing entirely.
I have an inkling feeling that Haiba's parents were the participants of the first e-test, especially Haiba's mother who seems to be aware of Enigma. Course this is just a wild guess but my intuition points to that direction :amuse

Now I do wonder whether or not the participants will indeed receive their wishes, the president has not noted anything about receiving his unless his current state of being the charismatic upright leader is the fulfillment of his wish.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I have an inkling feeling that Haiba's parents were the participants of the first e-test, especially Haiba's mother who seems to be aware of Enigma. Course this is just a wild guess but my intuition points to that direction :amuse

Now I do wonder whether or not the participants will indeed receive their wishes, the president has not noted anything about receiving his unless his current state of being the charismatic upright leader is the fulfillment of his wish.
Isn't Enigma said Matsurigi is first person who passed e-test? So I'm not sure Haiba's mother would be one of past participants. However I think Haiba's father is one of past e-test participants, which can explain his sudden disappearance.

I think the participants will get their wish, but indirectly. Matsurigi's first wish, to be a doctor, was somehow fulfilled by escaping from e-test, not confined in Enigam's world.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Isn't Enigma said Matsurigi is first person who passed e-test? So I'm not sure Haiba's mother would be one of past participants. However I think Haiba's father is one of past e-test participants, which can explain his sudden disappearance.

I think the participants will get their wish, but indirectly. Matsurigi's first wish, to be a doctor, was somehow fulfilled by escaping from e-test, not confined in Enigam's world.
I can see some of the wishes being fulfilled indirectly, Hiina for instance and her wish for bonds, but I wonder about wishes that couldn't be interpreted another way - like Haiba wanting his parents back. That's why in such instances is it possible that Enigma will somehow twist the wish.

As for Matsurugi passing I always read that as him being first one to pass for that batch. Well in any case the first batch will probably be revealed much later on. All we know is Haiba's parents do seem to have some knowledge about Enigma, and considering one of the passwords being Haiba's birthday he's definitely even more connected somehow.
 

hai_Priesty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
786
Reaction score
1,943
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Just dropping by, news from 2ch:

736 :Classical名無しさん :11/01/12 17:50 ID:9jVCiERs
103 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/01/12(水) 17:44:26 ID:PXWRyFiIP
ジャンプ表紙ベルゼ

ベルゼ 巻頭
ワンピ
ナルト
銀魂
スケット
ブリーチ センタC
トリコ
めだか
イッポンバンビ センタC
いぬ


748 :Classical名無しさん :11/01/12 17:57 ID:9jVCiERs
>>736の続き
イッポンバンビ センタC
いぬ
バクマン センタC
エニグマ
こち亀
リボーン
動物園
ぬらり
黒子
保健室
ライトニング
次号8号 巻頭カラー エグニマ

ナルトネタバレスレから転載でエニグマ が下から8番目でこち亀の前でリボーンも落ちてきたし
もしかすると8号では目立つ台割変わりがあるかもな

....If it's not a fake then Enigma will have FRONT colour spread on issue after next! (#8-2011) XD


As for Matsurugi passing I always read that as him being first one to pass for that batch. Well in any case the first batch will probably be revealed much later on. All we know is Haiba's parents do seem to have some knowledge about Enigma, and considering one of the passwords being Haiba's birthday he's definitely even more connected somehow.
From what I read it looks like Enigma mentioned that Matsurigi & Kurisu's E-test was the second, meaning no one passed the first...... I (haven't read the rest of this thread yet,) have a feeling that all past participants were students pf Haiba's high school, but I'm not sure if his parent's knew of Enigma even earlier from other maneuvers that Enigma has done in other areas .

Given that Enigma's test was someone he/she/"it" did to secure people useful for his purpose it may already have operations that Haiba's parent's got involved/complicated in before Enigma decided that the current people it had isn't sufficient for whatever final goal it wants to achieve, and tries to secure new blood from teenage place (thus high school reasonable as ground), whom will not only be powerful if they manage to pass but also has potential to upp their powers...... Haiba's ability was already seemingly evolving as current test goes on.
 

PaperMaster-Yosh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 28, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
62
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Any idea on how long it'll be before spoilers surface?




This is the first color spread I've liked from this series.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
The concept is nothing new, but it's still pretty nice. I like that Kurisu was included and is smiling in a non-evil way :3

The raw is already out on some sites.

Which reminds me that I haven't even read ch17 yet :darn
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Wow looks like Kurisu might end up being a permanent member - I didn't really expect that.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
It makes sense, I guess. He has a power that could be useful in the future, so it would be a waste not to include him. Especially when they are right now still trapped in the school, they can use all the help they can get. Likewise if they get out of the e-test but want to get back in again to uncover more of Enigma's secrets etc. Not to mention that they have more people than the number of passwords, so one person may have to be left inside and the rest may have to come back and save him or something.
 

pestrofa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
i read enigma tll chapter 15 but i cant even find chapter 16 ...and this the 17 right?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Enigma has been scanlated up till ch15. 16 and 17 have already been translated, but not scanlated.

The chapter that is coming out in Japan on Monday officially, but for which scans should surface soon, is chapter 18. :)


Now that I've actually read ch17, I get the feeling that there's an ever greater link between Sumio's parents and Enigma.

Enigma seems to know Sumios' mum pretty well, for one. This may be extreme but what if Enigma is actually Sumio's dad? Maybe these special powers run in the blood. There may also be a reason why Sumio's dad became Enigma, and the reason why he is seeking this strong people may be because he wants them to do something from him - maybe free him from a curse that he's under that gives him as much power as he has.
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They've only scanlated 15 chapters,yet? D:
I want to read Chapter 16 and 17(and of course 18) and i'm not a spoiler-reader.I'd be grateful if someone happened to know where i can find Edited Mangas.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
According to this:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=57680
Last Edited Manga was 31, however if you look at MH you'd notice we do have translations that do go further so if you just want to stick to translations use this site to locate em.
 

hai_Priesty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
786
Reaction score
1,943
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Just received my Enigma volume 1!

I want to talk about them in details but just to verify, I guess its not already online and everyone knows the contents right?

Argh my copy!

Picture with the inner cover, everyone's silhouett:

......And me bad for speculating that the e-test only happens in Yuuyami High. Sensei's inner cover comments explicitly that Enigma is a story on the inhabitants of Yuuyami City of Tokyo. So it includes all of cast here, the highschoolers, Haiba's parents and probably more people that was complicated in the matter.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks cool. Though it'll be a while until I can see that translated stateside...

On another note? When is the next batch of English Edited Mangas gonna be up? Last I checked, Cross said he'd have them up yesterday according to the CXC site.


Apologize for double post.

Finally a new batch of chapters!

Well we've learned quite a bit now. So apparently Enigma is looking for someone who can actually get the entire group to escape, which makes his objective a bit more mysterious, and we also know that he's met Sumio's mom before meaning she may have been in the first e-test. Additionally, Enigma is apparently somewhere in the school, even though I don't think the group will encounter him anytime soon.

Now on the note of Aru's talent...it's a bit weird, but it certainly is interesting. So he/she can apparently posess superhuman abilities by wearing the suit and becoming Pit-kun. I'm assuming that with the whole lunar tid but at the end, that those abilities only work at night, though there still may be a bit more to learn.

This just keeps getting more and more interesting!!
 
Last edited:

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Couldn't they have simply abused Kurisu's power to get them out of the E-Test without having to create a new password? He could have just went inside a picture and have one of kids carry the picture with him out.

But anyway, Aru's power is a little strange TBH, even compared to the other people's so far. This manga is still going good IMO, I have high hopes for it.
 
Top