Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Well 41 is gonna be at least 70 and 71 so back to two chapters an episode.
The thing is, later on those chapters become really short, and the whole GI as well as Chimera Ants are about 15 pages per chapter. That means that GI is 52 normal chapters and Chimera Ants arc is 105. I hope they'd go for more than 2 chapters per ep for GI and CA.
As for YS, the shorter chapters are:
74: 12 pages
81: 10 pages+cover
83 is partly covered already
86: 15 pages
87: 17+cover (not much shorter but still)
91: 17+cover
92: 17+cover
96: 15
99: 15+two covers
102: 17+cover
103: 12+cover
104: 11
105: 8+cover
107: 10+cover
108: 15
109: 14+cover
110: 10+cover
111: 15
112: 14+cover
113: 15
114: 14+cover
115: 14+cover
116: 13
117-119: 15
Others are pretty much 19 pages each (including covers tho).
Now there're 49.5 chapters uncovered yet, and among these we are 115 pages short! If we don't count covers as pages then there's even 130 pages less than needed! That leaves us with about 43 normal chapters worth material and there must be 22 more episodes till the end of the 5th 12-pack. That's a perfect 2 chaps/ep pace. But they really could make it longer.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Now that I've counted the pages, my guess is that the season would end at either chapter 90 or 91.
 
Last edited:

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Fights scenes are very short if you animate them properly, You'll all notice YorkShin arc and Chimera Arc will be just quick and flawless so I really expect MH to add some dragging fillers.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
What's your favorite scenes from 2011? Mine is either Killua Vs Riehvelt. Cause Tell Me is a badass theme song. Or Kurapika's reaction to Gon's arm being broken by Hanzo. I just like how his eyes glow with the music. o-o
I wanna answer this too!

Hm... The last phase of the exam. I especially like how they didn't show Killua's thoughts until his fight with Illumi. That was important for me.

Not gonna lie, that's one of these most disturbing HxH scenes to me. Along with the dog humans. D:
The bolded part says it all. That's just... *shudders.* I can take some of the other, more brutal scenes like
killing sprees, mass human extermination/zombiefication, killing off minor characters, turning NGL into a giant human-ant cocoon farm, just to name a few...

but that bolded part right there was what really got me.

It was actually two weeks.

I like how happy Gon is there. Also, Kurapika's sidecomments.

Then 10 days was how long it took Gon's arm to recover.
How long did it take for his arm to recover in Heaven's Arena? A month, right? Is it the same arm?

It's like he's got super magical healing powers.

I love how Gon gets injured in almost every arc (can't remember if he got injured in Yorkshin though). It really emphasizes how inexperienced and reckless he is.
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think it's one of the perks of being in the reinforcement group, IIRC.

Favorite 2011 scenes so far? I have a few:

Killua vs Riehvelt (awesome fight with badass background music)
Gon vs. Hisoka, at the end of ep. 35 (great animation and sound effects - took my breath away)
Killua threatening Sadaso (Killua being creepy and lack of background music was awesome)
Gon and Killua's talk on whale island
Funny scenes with Leorio in them, even in the filler episode where the group was waiting in the room
Kurapika vs. Majitani (Kurapika looked awesome with his scarlet eyes)
 
Last edited:

Meso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think it's one of the perks of being in the reinforcement group, IIRC.

Favorite 2011 scenes so far? I have a few:

Killua vs Riehvelt (awesome fight with badass background music)
Gon vs. Hisoka, at the end of ep. 35 (great animation and sound effects - took my breath away)
Killua threatening Sadaso (Killua being creepy and lack of background music was awesome)
Gon and Killua's talk on whale island
Funny scenes with Leorio in them, even in the filler episode where the group was waiting in the room
Kurapika vs. Majitani (Kurapika looked awesome with his scarlet eyes)
Haha dang man you payed alot of attention. :D Gon Vs Hisoka is definately a highpoint. It wasn't my favorite though. Don't get me wrong the animation was sexy and the atmosphere was HOT. Killua and Sadaso. I didn't really understand the whole knife part. Or the so called deal that was broken. Gon and Killua talking on the island. I can seee that Adds more feel to the characters. Leorio is just boss. xD Kurapika Vs Majitani. Ah the firs appearance of his eyes. I saw a video with music from the 1999 anime playing with that scene. It made me love the scene 10x more. :D
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Killua and Sadaso. I didn't really understand the whole knife part. Or the so called deal that was broken.
You know, when I was reading the manga for the first time, I couldn't understand the part about breaking the promise neither (as the word 'promise' was too oftenly used in that chapter xD). That's why I dropped it that time btw.
As I see it now, Sadaso promised to wait until Gon's training ends and to fight fairly with him, having default victories only from Killua. Now they broke that promise and that's why Killua was mad.
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Sadaso wanted to fight Killua and Gon before the end of May so he could get closer to being a floor master. However, Killua couldn't fight before June 9th and Gon on June 10th per Wing's request. So Sadaso kidnapped Zushi as a way to coerce them into fighting. Killua caught them and got Zushi back under the condition that Sadaso register to fight him and Killua forfeit the match. He said he has to follow Gon's rules regarding his match, as Gon would be happy to fight him on June 10th. Basically, despite Killua's deal, Guido used Zushi's shoe to coerce Gon into fighting Sadaso before he is allowed to fight. Killua's deal only covered his fight, on May 29th, that he would forfeit, but didn't cover Gon vs. Sadaso (they had to follow Gon's schedule - I mean, Gon's not going to forfeit a fight).

Then, during the Gyo scene, Killua figures out Gon was threatened by them to fight. Then he threatened Sadaso with the knife because he technically broke his end of the deal.

I didn't understand it fully in the manga, but I did after watching this. Killua said a couple lies regarding how he found Zushi and that his birthday's on May 29th, which is why he wanted to fight Sadaso then. MH left those parts out.
 
Last edited:

Meso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks alot man. That made the whole cripple episodes make much more sense to me..I still want my instrumental version of Tell Me. ;~;
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Oh how I miss watching Hunter x Hunter on Sundays. I go a few days without watching the new episode and when I finally do this thread is flooded with comments. I actually felt a little intimidated...

My thoughts on this episode? Kurapika was a boss! I loved the action sequences in this episode, particularly Kurapika's. This episode did feel a little dragged out though, but that's understandable seeing as they might want to introduce the actual Yorknew arc in the next episode. The music direction was also a little odd, not letting a lot of tracks finish before playing another track.

As for who my favourite out of the main characters is, I'd say the ranking would be something like this:
Gon > Leorio > Killua > Kurapika
My favourite Spider? Feitan obviously! I can so totally see him (or should I say hear him) speak like L on Death Note xD
My favourite bodyguard would be Senritsu of course, after her it would Basho seeing as he's a total badass in the current anime. I like Baise too, she was kind of boring in the Nippon anime but here she's cool.

By the way, I have a question for you guys: Have you managed to get any of your friends into Hunter x Hunter?
I managed to get two friends of mine to watch the current anime, and now they love it! It helps that they're in a Graphics Design course which means that they've gotten a little more into manga/anime (though it's become more mainstream now in Portugal due to Naruto and Animax). One of them has even begun reading the manga!

Last but not least, a (un)funny joke:
Kurapika: "It's a good thing I took all those dance lessons. They really came in handy!"
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States


---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

I hope Feitan has a somewhat creepy type voice.

I hated both his old Japanese and English voices.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Feitan's old voice was okay, it conveyed his character well, but I wished it was more masculine. I think its still a female voice actress again if I'm not mistaken.
 

MrShubblez

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Feitan is voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi, known for L (Death Note), Ranma (Ranma 1/2), Inu Yasha and Usopp (One Piece).

I think this part here gives a good impression how his voice will be like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pKLbQkMMsI&feature=player_detailpage#t=176s

I think this voice fits him ^^

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...phantom-troupe-arc-new-cast-members-announced
Yeah, I think Kappei Yamaguchi will do Feitan justice.
Though I wouldn't want it to be TOO much like L because
while L is somewhat creepy it's a different creepy from Feitan.
L you would be afraid of him stalking you. Feitan you be afraid
of him being Satan incarnate.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Actually for that matter I have faith in all the voices. Though it's really the English dub that I'm worrying about.

Thinking about it, I'm wondering if I should place the old dub as generally average to below average with some great exceptions.

Because I think for example English dub Netero is great.
But there's a lot of not so great characters. Probably because
of all the voice recycling they do.
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Thinking about it, I'm wondering if I should place the old dub as generally average to below average with some great exceptions.

Because I think for example English dub Netero is great.
But there's a lot of not so great characters. Probably because
of all the voice recycling they do.
The English dub is definitely below average. There are a few standouts, but it's not that hard when you put them up against crap. Leorio was fine, the rest of the mains were pretty bad. Chrollo was a decent one too.

However, no need to worry about those voices again. Viz already said they weren't getting it, so if FUNimation gets it, we should get a nice dub :3
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Viz wasn't even at fault for the dub. Their anime tend to have some very good dubs, but they also outsource to dubbing companies. If Viz ends up with it you can guarantee it wouldn't be Blue Water again.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The English dub is definitely below average. There are a few standouts, but it's not that hard when you put them up against crap. Leorio was fine, the rest of the mains were pretty bad. Chrollo was a decent one too.

However, no need to worry about those voices again. Viz already said they weren't getting it, so if FUNimation gets it, we should get a nice dub :3
The English dub is definitely below average. There are a few standouts, but it's not that hard when you put them up against crap. Leorio was fine, the rest of the mains were pretty bad. Chrollo was a decent one too.

However, no need to worry about those voices again. Viz already said they weren't getting it, so if FUNimation gets it, we should get a nice dub :3
Well see that I don't agree with. I don't think they stood out because the others were crap
but rather because they were good. I think English dub Leorio was better than "fine".
Hell if they were to recast Jonathan Love as Leorio again I would not be disappointed.

I liked much of the voices from the English dub. For instance aside from Kurapika, I liked the voices of Gon, Killua and Leorio. However Gon's actress always felt cheesy. Like if
Gon got angry it was difficult to take seriously. But as long as he was calm he sounded
fine. But since much of Gon's character is getting angry that's a bit of a problem.
Killua and Leorio were better with the acting.Though Killua's character had been badly
written in the first place.

Which is I think a problem the English dub had in the first place. With how the 99 added their fillers in and changed stuff it ended up making for cheesier writing. Example: Nen foxbears must die. I dunno I think that scene is stupid no matter who dubs it.
But maybe someone could make it work?

Also I think the dub lacked soul. Some might say they were just bad dubbers and maybe but to me it felt like many just weren't really into it. I wouldn't be surprised if they felt nobody was going to watch it. So why try? Still there are the exceptions like Viktor Atelevic as Illumi who I felt took the baton and ran with it. It was performances like his own that I felt were the highlights of the dubs.

Still I'm looking forward to the new dub whenever that comes out.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

interesting note on the 99 dub:

Anyone remember the anonymous
greed island owner?
The one we only hear the voice of.

Know who's voice that is (I'm quite sure of)...

Dalzollene.
 

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Shalnark sound way too childish.. High pitch voice, sort of anoyying, the rest fit very well!
nobunaga and franklin duel is very well done!
uvogin does not bleed from bitting his teeth

Feitan and Kurro Sounds Good!

Just Shalnark goign to be very annying until you get used to his voice

The moive trailer show nothing that we have not already seen
 
Last edited:

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Episode 41

God. Feitan. F-E-I-T-A-N ! jhbjhsdhjs *Ovaries*

Genei ryodan sounds great. Shizuku and Phinx especially.

But Shal ... My poor Shal ... Twelve years old :gwah And Chrollo ... I am skeptical =/

Neon is so cute <3
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I couldn't watch the episode in KeyHoleTV today.

So here I am, waiting for the episode as a simple mortal :XD

Was it another slow paced episode? Or finally they are back to 2 chapter per episode?
 

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
Is Leorio in the episode ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top