Hasa Diga Eebowai

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Dreaming

yeah and not just any song, dreaming have been my motivational song for a very long time when i've been through some difficulties in my life. listened it thousand times :hee Lyrics are so deep. my favorite lines:
-its hard work living a dream i hardly ever sleep
-Just don't hesitate and wait too long cuz like a dream when you wake up its gone ... its gone
-No matter what they say keep on doing what you do And don't give up cuz only you can make that dream come true
-Its funny when you shine and people hate to see the gleam
Very motivational ^_^

scav said:
well here comes the solution: make a vost and don't listen to it; directly post :edu
:XD

Very creative solution, but definitely not. I worry too much to not listen to it first.

xD - While true about the voice being better in person. You should still vost, well it was mentioned in irc ways back, so you don't remember I believe after the time you and c_k might have vosted one or two.
Ah, that's possible, even though I don't necessarily remember. Maybe I'll vost again. Who knows~

:gwah

Okay maybe it's niche, but Neil Gaiman is awesome and I think Sandman is one of the most unique takes on something so ... common.

I like Neil Gaiman particularly because he takes the mundane and twists them into something so magical and deep.

Like his take on the "American Gods" where the gods of old are being taken over by the gods of the present world like money, technology, prostitution, etc.

Or giving life and power to Night and Door and other odd objects in "Neverwhere".

Or in this particular case, Sandman, where he breathes awesomeness into the childhood fantasy "Sandman", and makes him ruler of the Dream World.


You should give his works a try. Of course, Sandman is in Graphic form, and me being used to manga, couldn't quite appreciate the art styles of this Graphic Novel. But I loved the concepts of his story.

You can try his books. My favorite is Stardust, and I replay the movie as much as I replay Princess Mononoke hehe.
This intrigues me. :nod

Oh, and I did a google image search, like these guys already said. I clicked the little camera to the right of the search box and pasted the url.

you're the only woman red here thegoods don't show your shyness; stand tall and show us an awesome vost :edu
Maybe! :redface

That's good to hear, hopefully it goes well, but stop the moment you begin to feel iffy, otherwise it'll worsen the problem :nod
:thumbs
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Dreaming

<3
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: Dreaming

Tiff, no IRC?
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Dreaming

Oh, right... it's Monday. I suppose I could jump on for a bit. I was busy earlier watching Haibane Renmei. :p
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Dreaming

How have you adapted getting back to work?
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Dreaming

I've been adapting really well, actually. I worked the last 6 days and I feel just fine. I'd say I'm about 90% or so recovered. I still can't do anything too strenuous (like heavy lifting or running/working out), but at least I know that standing for long periods is ok. I want to get back to working out as soon as I can. I can tell that sitting on my ass so much this past month has not been good for me. :sweat
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Dreaming

That's good to hear, your colleagues must be happy to have you back :derp Also, I wasn't aware you were working out, any particular training regimen you are doing/following?
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Dreaming

Of course my coworkers are glad to have me back! I was getting texts and phone calls with questions the whole time I was out. :XD Though, I think they're getting a little annoyed with me trying to do everything for myself. One of my techs yelled at me on Saturday because I kept bending down to pick things up off the floor. She was like "Stop doing that! I can pick them up for you!"

I've been trying to get in better shape a bit, yeah. No specific regimens or anything. Mostly just running outside for a couple of miles and maybe doing some ab exercises. And then I was playing volleyball one night a week, too. :heh
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Dreaming

Of course my coworkers are glad to have me back! I was getting texts and phone calls with questions the whole time I was out. :XD Though, I think they're getting a little annoyed with me trying to do everything for myself. One of my techs yelled at me on Saturday because I kept bending down to pick things up off the floor. She was like "Stop doing that! I can pick them up for you!"

I've been trying to get in better shape a bit, yeah. No specific regimens or anything. Mostly just running outside for a couple of miles and maybe doing some ab exercises. And then I was playing volleyball one night a week, too. :heh
Listen to your colleagues Tiff; bloody hell! :gwah

It's good to stay in shape, but don't rush back yet; especially not fully. Running should be fine I guess but volleyball may take a while before getting back into it. Ab exercises and volleyball? *mind wanders....* :hurr
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: Dreaming

First episode was good. I instantly liked Sentaro. When he started to fight and the jazz starting playing in the background all I could think of was Shizuo xD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Dreaming

First episode was good. I instantly liked Sentaro. When he started to fight and the jazz starting playing in the background all I could think of was Shizuo xD
what anime is this?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Dreaming

aH that. I did think that when you mentioned Jazz, (since I don't remember the characters' names heh) but when you mentioned fighting I wasn't sure if it was Sakamichi no Apollon.

But last time I checked Tiffany still refused to watch it. :hip
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Dreaming

aH that. I did think that when you mentioned Jazz, (since I don't remember the characters' names heh) but when you mentioned fighting I wasn't sure if it was Sakamichi no Apollon.

But last time I checked Tiffany still refused to watch it. :hip
No she finally watched it :eyeroll
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: Dreaming

No, just NO! Sakamichi no Apollon just ended without giving a conclusive ending! I want to know what happens next =(((((((
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Dreaming

I knowwwww! I posted my thoughts over in Bob's thread here. This ending doesn't follow the manga exactly, apparently.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

No she finally watched it :eyeroll
I did. :sweat
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Dreaming

eh??? that's why I didn't read the manga because when I read reviews they said the anime was pretty much canon and followed the manga to a T, and I think there are only 9 volumes of the manga so there isn't really much room to hope for????

:gwah
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Dreaming

Ah, after some quick digging, I guess the ending isn't completely original. My bad, I must've heard wrongly. It sounds like it was a rushed ending and that they changed/omitted some things in the anime.
 
Top