Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh, that sounds cool actually... I don't like the "vagabond" name though. "The Outsider" sounds better :lmao
"Weary Traveler","The Stranger","The Visitor"

"Lonesome Dove... :lmao

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

I like Paranoid Gun Owner, shame I don't recall seeing it around T.T
girl,you are such a thug...just my type

:hurr
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Paranoid Gun Owner is kind of a pointless role. It acts just like the Bomb does at night, without them killing someone during the day.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You don't o.o
His abbility is passive. He shoots down whoever targets him at night ^.^ That's epic.
i was just BSin' witcha

:)

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

i gave gumi a heads up on skype...he said he has been busy but will try and play
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
did u peep my idea about a traveling badass...a vagabond
It made me think of a battousai *0*

But I think it could unbalanced the game a lot if it doesn't go how the host planned T.T (we just saw how numbers matter)
I mean, last time we used two mafia and people found out about Gu (and he was a mafia detective), he was planning on making a partnership with the townies to track down the other mafia (that was winning, if I'm not mistaken). Of course either that mafia would kill him soon or the townies would do it at some point, but what if the doctors decided to protect him while he was tracking the other mafias down? That vagabond role would only benefit the vagabond himself in the end, since he'd be joining the strongest side and keep switching it at his will, but since he would impact the numbers a lot (and I guess two changes would be secret) it would be too OP, imo T.T

Ps.: By the end of the post I had forgotten what was the link with Gu's plans.....
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Because I am extremely bored today, I will think up new roles that may very well be the stupidest you've ever heard of, or not. Just to kill the copious amount of time I have on my hands today (instead of, you know, doing the dishes or cleaning the appartment).

• Mafia Recruiter - Talks Townies into joining the Mafia. Each Night he/she can target a player. If the player is a regular Townie with no Pro-role, the player becomes a regular Mafia Member the next Day.
If the targeted player is Traitor, they're recruited per usual.

(Probably needs a bit more specifics...)

Not that I see the Mafia ever using the Recruiter. Unless they have both Recruiter and Detective. It'd at least put a spin on this "claiming regular Townie" thing.

• Hypnotist - The Hypnotist changes other players' Night Actions by telling the Host who their target will use their ability on instead.

Example: Player A is Doctor and PMs the host saying he targets Player B. Hypnotist PMs host saying Player A targets Player C. Player C is protected, but Player A thinks he protected player B.

• Spy/Private Investigator - Has the ability to spy on someone at Night and find out who they targeted. Does not, however, find out their target's actual Night Action.

• Shrink - If the Shrink targets a player with an Insane role, they become Sane starting the next Day. The targeted player is not informed that their sanity has changed.

• Insane Shrink - If the Insane Shrink targets a player with a Sane role, they become Insane starting the next Day. The targeted player is not informed that their sanity has changed.

I'm thinking if Paranoid Detective was part of the mix, Sane Shrink turns Paranoid into Naive. Likewise, Insane Shrink turns Naive into Paranoid.

• Threatener (title pending) - The Threatener can only use his ability every other Night Phase. The targeted person can neither vote during the next Day nor use their Night ability the next Night. You know, out of fear or whatever. Not effective on the Mafia Boss?

• Knock-Out Champion!!! - A one-hit KO Day ability which knocks the target out until the next Day phase begins and thus making their vote and Night ability useless. The KO breaks his arm and he can't use his ability the next Day Phase.

Badass Cowboy - The Badass Cowboy(!) can challenge anyone to a pistol duel during the Day where there's a 50/50 chance of him dying. In which case he becomes known as Sissy Cowboy for the rest of the game? :3c

(Basically a Vigilante with 50/50 kill/death odds).

Time Bomb - The host decides before the game starts when the Time Bomb will explode, of which the player is informed. The Time Bomb decides on Night 1 who to kill when he blows up. In case of lynching, works like a regular Bomb. In case of Mafia kill, dies but keeps ticking until it blows up its target.

• Foreign Exchange Student.....The Foreign Exchange Student cannot speak during the Day because of the language barrier and thus can only cast votes. He does however have the chance to explain the reasoning behind his vote to the host at Night, who acts as a translator and announces it at the beginning of the next Day.

• Pimp - Each Night he/she picks a player to become a Prostitute. However, these prostitutes don't decide for themselves whom they're gonna target. Instead, the Pimp decides all of their Night Actions and PMs it to the host. Never mind Doctors and Detectives; give me a legion of whores!

Like I said, just killing time... :p
 
Last edited:

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Here are a few thoughts on those roles. Pretty interesting read it was.

Hypnotist - I don't know why this role is Pro-Townie. Unless Hypnotist reveals his role, all effect he will have on Townies is creating more confusion.
Spy/Private Investigator - I like this one. Some of lies could be easily detectable with this, without even knowing the actual action.
Shrink - That's too much to handle. Usually, a Doctor/Detective spends days to confirm his sanity and he will spend more days to confirm the change.
Time Bomb - Too difficult to pick up the person to kill at Night One.
Foreign Exchange Student - Nice concept. Inactive players will enjoy this role the most. It just needs a post per day. If I got this role, however, I was as good as dead.
Pimp - Finall something that favors Townies :XD
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Well, I didn't write so but in my head the Hypnotist's action would also work on Mafia. So if a Mafia tries to kill Player A but the Hypnotist tells him to use his ability on Player B, Player B dies instead. Or, if Player B is mafia, nothing happens (since Mafia can't kill Mafia). If the Hypnotist realizes that Player B died, it gives him a strong reason to suspect the Mafia, without having it confirmed in any way that he had anything to do with it. Yeah, it makes the game more confusing. All the roles I can think up are like that, basically. :p
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I already know some of the roles under a different name (f.ex. Spy is commonly called Tracker). Some are new to me though and some vary in explanation. I like them, thanks a lot for the suggestions Orgz!

Mafia Recruiter seems a bit too powerful, if lucky the mafia could overtake the townies in a matter of two or three nights. Will take everything into consideration though =)

That being said, do you plan to play too or will you stay by with just suggesting roles? :p
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I'm not sure.. I really want to play but I'll have to see as the game approaches if I feel I'll be able to be active enough.. Days like today I'd be able to post all day and all night long, but it doesn't seem like I'll have such days when the next game starts. :p
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I like the Shrink role

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I'll also suggest some roles :p

Burden - The Burden is like the Freeman in the Mafia Side. When the Burden is lynched or killed on the current day phase. The next night phase will be skipped.

Bomb Diffuser - The Bomb Diffuser has the ability to diffuse the Bomb and the Bomb's ability will be gone. He will PM the host. He can only use his ability once

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

The Special can either be a Townie, a Mafia or a Third Party. The Special's Vote will be counted as two votes but he can only vote for one specific player The Special can only use his ability once

SPECIAL VOTE KILL [Player Name] will be the command

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Mason Hater - If the Masons tried to recruit the Mason Hater, the Mason group cannot talk in the next night phase

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Forensics - The Forensics can use his ability during the day. He can target a victim that was targeted by the Mafia Janitor and the host will now reveal the role

PERFORM FORENSICS [Dead Player's Name] will be the command
 
Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I also thought of something like Unemployed Townie, who's a regular Townie until a Doctor/Detective/Prostitute dies, at which point he takes over the role. Not sure if that'd work, though. :p

Ah to hell with just thinking up roles. I'm in! :D
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I also thought of something like Unemployed Townie, who's a regular Townie until a Doctor/Detective/Prostitute dies, at which point he takes over the role. Not sure if that'd work, though. :p

Ah to hell with just thinking up roles. I'm in! :D
That's the backup Detective/Doc/etc. :XD there still are a lot of unused roles but you can't use much at once and some could make the game a lot more difficult. That being said, the next game will most likely have at least one new role. I'm still a newbie so I want to play safe.

Great! Is there a character from LOL you want as your avatar?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top