Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I'm pretty depressed and down because of inability to find a job, getting turned down for two or three applications (one of them turned into a phone interview), and Naruto being such an unenjoyable manga.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I confess I'm pretty depressed and down because of inability to find a job, getting turned down for two or three applications (one of them turned into a phone interview), and Naruto being such an unenjoyable manga.
Get over yourself. Johnny has been unemployed for almost 3 years now, getting turned down for everything. I, myself, have been turned down for at least a 100 applications these past nine months. Getting turned down for two or three applications is nothing, everyone goes through at least that amount before finding a job.

And don't feel bad because Naruto is bad. If you'd adjust your feelings to Naruto's quality then just go ahead and kill yourself, jeez.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I've applied to at least 50 places though, and while all but 3 replied, I know they likely turned me down because of no replies. Only reason why I'm fussed is because of loans that I need to pay off. I'm not sure if Johnny has to pay off loans (I assume ghostie? but I think he does) or if you do, but if yes, then you should understand why I'm depressed. My only concern is my parents, and to make sure they're doing okay, I have to pay off loans so they don't get affected and make money so they have easier lives. Otherwise I don't care much for stuff apart from having fun.

BUT I USED TO LOOK FORWARD TO READING NARUTO EVERY WEEK. Back in school, it kept me going and kept me looking forward to something. Now, One Piece and Beelzebub are the only manga I enjoy reading. Naruto is just too bad that I can't help but be disappointed.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think his point was that you're associating your depression about a legit, real-world thing with the quality of a stupid comic.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
... I don't understand.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Feeling very depressed and unmotivated. Started out with the class prof giving me bullshit excuse for barring my sib from accompanying them on the whale watching trip this morning. While my sib reported the incident, my mom said in email communication that I have "regressed" several times. So much for solving the problem or providing sympathy. Suddenly found out that I needed to go in the field with someone. Got stuck there for 30min more. Now my sib isn't talking to me.

This would be a perfect time to work on essays. However, the last response I got on that was that "its very generic and not "adult"". Not even anything constructive or helpful. I have lost pretty much all motivation I have for getting this stuff done.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,061
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Feeling very depressed and unmotivated. Started out with the class prof giving me bullshit excuse for barring my sib from accompanying them on the whale watching trip this morning. While my sib reported the incident, my mom said in email communication that I have "regressed" several times. So much for solving the problem or providing sympathy. Suddenly found out that I needed to go in the field with someone. Got stuck there for 30min more. Now my sib isn't talking to me.

This would be a perfect time to work on essays. However, the last response I got on that was that "its very generic and not "adult"". Not even anything constructive or helpful. I have lost pretty much all motivation I have for getting this stuff done.
Hard day - enjoy it with a cold one :hug.
Hope the next day will be better <3!
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
So I just had a fraud charge to my debit account from a debit card I've had for 2 months, but have never used. ($85 at Amazon.com) :blink How the hell does someone get all of that debit card's information without me ever having used it?

They'll get a nice surprise when the transaction is declined anyway since I have a $0 balance in my checking account. :derp

But still. How does that even happen?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,061
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You can never know exactly where but I hope them madafkers get caught.
Some years ago I, also had a fraudulent charge. It was on my credit card (over 200 bucks) from some foreign country.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So I just had a fraud charge to my debit account from a debit card I've had for 2 months, but have never used. ($85 at Amazon.com) :blink How the hell does someone get all of that debit card's information without me ever having used it?

They'll get a nice surprise when the transaction is declined anyway since I have a $0 balance in my checking account. :derp

But still. How does that even happen?
Oops...sorry, I'm new at this fraud thing

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Actually, I have no idea, but that doesn't sound good. Maybe they have access to your SSN? :s
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
So I just had a fraud charge to my debit account from a debit card I've had for 2 months, but have never used. ($85 at Amazon.com) :blink How the hell does someone get all of that debit card's information without me ever having used it?

They'll get a nice surprise when the transaction is declined anyway since I have a $0 balance in my checking account. :derp

But still. How does that even happen?
You've never entered in your card number on a site or let anyone even have a glimpse of the number? Did your banking website get hacked? Have you lost your account information? Anyone ditzy in your bank? Did you give the info to anyone else, like your mom, sister, or father?

Also, while you'd get good revenge, it's not a good thing when the transaction gets declined. I think you'd get in trouble for that. But you really need to find out how that happened and make sure it doesn't happen again.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Oops...sorry, I'm new at this fraud thing

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Actually, I have no idea, but that doesn't sound good. Maybe they have access to your SSN? :s
Even if they have her SSN, I don't that would give them access to a Debit Card that she has never used though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I wouldn't assume anything, all you need is bank information. It's probably easier to get that with a SSN than without it.

I don't know, it's weird.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that this island now scares the hell out of me.

I have never, in all my 7 years of college, encountered a professor who developed such a vendetta against me. I have never had one who has threatened my grade in such a manner. I have never felt so powerless.

Why, might you ask?

My brother is here on paid vacation for a week and a half from his engineering job. We've hung out at the station, making fish and noodles for the students and snorkeling. He helped me get my essays sent for the big graduate fellowship.

This professor arrived one day after my brother did. When I wanted my brother to join us on a class exercise in the ocean, he refused to let him, citing "liability". When I met with him later and pointed out that the law was different here, he got viciously angry and stated "this is why I warned you not to invite family members". Then finally tonight, in an unannounced class meeting, he stated to the class that anyone who is not a student of the class is to be barred from the station and station property -- and anyone who invited them onto the property would lose 10% of their grade.

My grade has been threatened. My brother is treated like a criminal. I am being treated like an accomplice. We are two respectable employed adults who have never ever committed crimes. What the fuck? What the seriously fucking fuck?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,061
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I read your post and just to had to say 'fuck that god damn professor'.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess that this island now scares the hell out of me.

I have never, in all my 7 years of college, encountered a professor who developed such a vendetta against me. I have never had one who has threatened my grade in such a manner. I have never felt so powerless.

Why, might you ask?

My brother is here on paid vacation for a week and a half from his engineering job. We've hung out at the station, making fish and noodles for the students and snorkeling. He helped me get my essays sent for the big graduate fellowship.

This professor arrived one day after my brother did. When I wanted my brother to join us on a class exercise in the ocean, he refused to let him, citing "liability". When I met with him later and pointed out that the law was different here, he got viciously angry and stated "this is why I warned you not to invite family members". Then finally tonight, in an unannounced class meeting, he stated to the class that anyone who is not a student of the class is to be barred from the station and station property -- and anyone who invited them onto the property would lose 10% of their grade.

My grade has been threatened. My brother is treated like a criminal. I am being treated like an accomplice. We are two respectable employed adults who have never ever committed crimes. What the fuck? What the seriously fucking fuck?
Can't you report that douchebag professor? Make his life living hell in the meanwhile? Blackmail him or something? You need to watch shows like Suits or White Collar so you can have better advantages in situations like this.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,061
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bro man - she on a island with that nut job prof.
I doubt one complaint from a student would do anything except ensure that this dicks wrath be placed up on her.
Prolly not a good idea in this case.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top