BleachFan2010

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
558
Reaction score
198
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I know right >_< This makes it easier for me to imagine this feature on real humans... Definitely reminds me of the Clare scene, too.
After seeing this pic, I can safely say Yagi has majorly toned down the gore lol... not that it isn't obvious enough...
Yeah definitely. And speaking of the stitches, do you not find it odd Miata's remained intact ? I mean was that Yagi, as you say, toning the gore down ? Or was it because Miata was Soul Linked ? I remember when Jean awakened and she had no stitching or scarring at all.
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Found this brilliant artwork from dA (don't click if you don't like seeing Claymore-like body):
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Venus-393434207

It's not Claymore, but I think it does give a pretty good idea of what their body actually looks like, since I remember Yagi's 'big reveal' wasn't convincing to some people, thought this might change your mind haha :oh
Holy Shit, that looks so bad ass!

the fly trap plant is one of my favorite plants :D.
 

Detox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
39
Reaction score
20
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Hey guys, so here's where you do the random talking I Guess (?), anyway Introducing myself, Detox, not sure I'll keep that nick on the long run...or the short...but we shall see, nice to see an active claymore community x).

Also
Found this brilliant artwork from dA (don't click if you don't like seeing Claymore-like body):
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Venus-393434207

It's not Claymore, but I think it does give a pretty good idea of what their body actually looks like, since I remember Yagi's 'big reveal' wasn't convincing to some people, thought this might change your mind haha :oh
Well, that do looks nice, and terrifying , if not treated...and opened they most likely do look like that, however I wonder if they need special items to sew that or something, if not how long can that treatment last O_o.

Even so I don't think it's THAT bad as we surely imagined when we started the manga/anime.
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

LOL.. I remember when I started with Claymore I was 13 and now I'm 20.. At that time, many members at animesuki (this is where it all started for me) where like in their early 20s and after 7-8 years I bet most of them are in their late 20s and early 30s..
Welcome TStew! :D
No-one's too old for anime/manga (well it does depend on which one you're viewing... :p ) There is certainly something special about Claymore. Although I came to read Claymore under different circumstances to yours, I quickly found myself mesmerized by the setting of the story in every aspect, it became the first manga that totally captivates me.
Yep, and I know there are plenty of folks into anime & manga at my age I guess, but I'm far from the typical fan. To be honest I rarely watch any TV, I've gone many months without watching it in the recent few years. I am much more of an outdoors person, jogging or paddling, wrenching on a tractor or running a chainsaw, out for a several day backpack to the mountains, etc. But I've always been a sci-fi fan, and even though that genre had slowly lost its death grip on me years ago, I've really found recently that I need some fiction in my life still to let the mind go, a release you might say. A chance to experience a different world and temporarily forget about the stresses ones really going through.

When I was watching the anime for the first time, I don't think any show had ever created such excitment in me waiting for the next one... I know for many of you this was many years ago probably, since I came into the Claymore scene a bit late its still pretty fresh in my mind. Infact I've never gone through the series twice fully yet. I watched it the first year, and then switched to manga mostly. A couple times over the course of a year I attempted to start over from the beginning, but only ever got into the Teresa arc or Those Who Rend Asunder (but I think those are the best two parts) until I wouldnt watch it again for many months, and more or less loose my momentum of where I was at.

Just recently I started over, planning on watching it through over a few weeks to get psyched up for my first ever marathon (next weekend). So I started that, and watched up through To Be Qualified To Fight so far. It was basically the first time seing Ophelia and the older Ilena again since the first time I watched the series. It was great, and I still get shivers up my spine and teary eyed in some scenes!
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Who do you guys think would win

Clare as she is now or Teresa ?
 

Claymore1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
924
Reaction score
438
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Who do you guys think would win

Clare as she is now or Teresa ?
Teresa, of course. Teresa is was a number 1 and she was one of the strongest claymores ever. She took down Rosemary pretty damn quickly, and with little effort. And she has a massive yoki. Clare is strong, but not nearly as strong as Teresa.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I don't think Clare has surpassed Teresa yet. She is the main character and she may get another power-up when she fights Priscilla but her power doesn't seem overwhelming at the moment.
 

Detox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
39
Reaction score
20
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Teresa of course, she ins a whole other league, hell she is a whole other league on her own, Clare is strong but I wouldn't say she surpasses Miria for a lot, if she does, she might have gained Rafaella style but it doesn't seem like she gained her youki and stamina too.
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

i agree Teresa would not even need to release that much yoki(maybe 5%) to kill clare in a second.....when she(Teresa) was fighitng with Irene her normal sword swings were better then Irenes quickswrod, so clare would stand no chance :)

While i am asking who would win out of these(all as warriors)
Clare vs Hysteria
Clare vs Roxanne
Clare vs Cassandra
Clare vs Rosemary
Clare vs Miata
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

And of course, your favorite Claymore :derp
Is there a thread devoted to favorite characters? I didn't see one, but seems like this would be a talked about topic. I know I've given it some thought but the answer is pretty long and complex lol. If there isnt a formal thread I'll write something up soon here, if there is could someone point me in the right direction?
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Is there a thread devoted to favorite characters? I didn't see one, but seems like this would be a talked about topic. I know I've given it some thought but the answer is pretty long and complex lol. If there isnt a formal thread I'll write something up soon here, if there is could someone point me in the right direction?
i dont think there is a thread(not one i have seen)
but this is a "hang out" thread so im sure its fine to post it here :)

It might be hard to tell but my favorite Claymore is Roxanne of Love and Hate
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I actually just stumbled on my answer, looks like there is one devoted to favorite character (and a poll too)... http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/33736-Favourite-Claymore-character no.12 I am assuming Roxanne is a bit further along in the manga than I am at so I am unfamiliar with her. But that brings up a good point I have to be very carefull in these forums not to see spoilers! Thats one reason why I never sought out other forums, since upon my initial searchings for some Claymore forums I was seing lots of spoilers mentioned. But two years a fan and not being able to talk about it was killing me lol! Guess I got to get caught up one of these days. I got to run right now, but I'll post something up later about characters.
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I actually just stumbled on my answer, looks like there is one devoted to favorite character (and a poll too)... http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/33736-Favourite-Claymore-character no.12 I am assuming Roxanne is a bit further along in the manga than I am at so I am unfamiliar with her. But that brings up a good point I have to be very carefull in these forums not to see spoilers! Thats one reason why I never sought out other forums, since upon my initial searchings for some Claymore forums I was seing lots of spoilers mentioned. But two years a fan and not being able to talk about it was killing me lol! Guess I got to get caught up one of these days. I got to run right now, but I'll post something up later about characters.
Once you are all caught up i would love to have discussions with you(i would hate it if i spoiled anything for ya)
 

Project Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
148
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

> i would love
>i would hate

I see what you did there.

True fan.
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

25th Claymore volume is scheduled to be released in December which is way faster than usual (especially since last chapter of volume 25 will be released in about 2 weeks, usually there was 6 month delay AFAIR and now it's practically at the same time). I'm betting on Clarice being on the cover (most likely with Miata) which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone up to date with recent chapters.
 

Project Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
148
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Out of the last 5 volumes, I can actually see myself buying this one, so I hope the cover is good. Still...it will probably be this time next year when it finally comes this way.
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Out of the last 5 volumes, I can actually see myself buying this one, so I hope the cover is good. Still...it will probably be this time next year when it finally comes this way.
yeah i will def be buying this one. i started buying at Vol 21 because of Roxanne, i see many people complain about it but i loved the attack on the Org/ZAO arc
 

Project Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
148
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I liked a good bit of it, yet disliked a lot too. For instance, I may not have liked the idea of zombies, but the characters themselves are easily some of my favorites introduced. Then from there I can also say that they had more potential than they were given, and I was let down by Hysteria. Instead of being elegant, she came off as arrogant and shallow. I can't count the times I wished Miria would just stop daydreaming and tell the poor corpse her name. Yes, lets irritate a former rank 1. @_@

Chapter wise, after the blob I mostly enjoyed just chapter 110, and then anything to do with Cassandra and Roxanne. In the future I will probably get something in that area, but for now it's not on the priority list (volumes 2,3,and 5 are lol). The whole Yoma lab business, and Hysteria fight mostly got on my nerves due to the monthly wait. But being all together, I'm sure I could see some good in them. Despite falling a bit deeper into the shounen department than usual, there was a great deal of teamwork and strategy compared to brute force and power boosts. This helped balance out the plot armor and nakama stuff.
 
Last edited:

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

6th anniversary Jump Square posters:

It hasn't announced yet, but I think it'll most likely a live-adaptation movie.

Also, Jump SQ. released the special posters to celebrate its 6th year anniversary (guess which series are missing in the poster).

Claymore is miniscule but it is present so I guess we should be happy. Not surprisingly there is Clare not Miria here :P.
 

Claymore1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
924
Reaction score
438
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Last edited:
Top