God Eye Galatea

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
309
Reaction score
1,552
Gender
Hidden
Country
Water Tribe
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I to have wondered how she moves her legs in dust eater , i would love for someone to fully explain how Dust eater works, i get the pendulum thing, but how dose she move her legs, is she "slithering" or just running with her back/face as close to the ground as she can get? all kinda confuses me.
I think the Duster Eater movements are the combo of these movements...:cheez



But, of course, with much faster speed, precision, and balance, and Cassandra is able to freely use it to move forward, backward, and sideways while wielding a big Claymore aiming to chop off your limps one by one.
I feel that the Dust Eater is both a offensive and defensive technique, which makes it very unique much like the Quicksword.

P.S. I understand why Dust Eater freaked out many people, I mean look at those movements and imagine someone fight like that and holding a big sword coming at you, it's straight from a horror movie! lol
 
Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

@GEG wtf first pic, I need to take out and wash my eyeballs :(
Nonetheless I like the idea behind it, lol. IMO I think Cassy presents two types of horror:
#1 - Imagine someone you know swinging left to right rapidly, right in front of you. It would probably look like some kind of real life grotesque graphical glitch of some sort from a computer game.


#2 - Nobody would have any idea in countering such a low stance with a sword chopping away your limbs starting at your legs while not knowing where the sword would come from and how to block it.
 

God Eye Galatea

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
309
Reaction score
1,552
Gender
Hidden
Country
Water Tribe
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

@GEG wtf first pic, I need to take out and wash my eyeballs :(
Awww, poor Utsune, that's just contortion.

Cassandra is probably a master contortionist along with her unique Claymore biology, she is able to use the Dust Eater technique so effectively and effortlessly.

Maybe female contortionist makes it better?






Cassandra's Duster Eater technique in action as seem by others.





You like those picture, Utsune?! lol


Forgive me for violating your eyes again. lol


Ok... I'll stop.
 
Last edited:

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Buahhahahahahaha

You just made my day GEG!

That is the best post i have ever seen!

That stair one, thats to good.(and its funny because it dose a good job on showing what others might see the Dust eater like)
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Contortion involving humans is fine... One bend is my limit for now :D I'm just not used to seeing bending aaand twisting lol (reminds me of the typical Japanese horror reverse crawling spider-looking ghosts... like your stupid second spoiler tag... D: )


Speaking of which, I also have the same difficulty trying to imagine Cassy in action. I don't fully understand the way she moves, avoiding swords, getting into position for the chop, etc. I'm guessing balance, ab strength, flexibility, and controlling the momenta of all parts of your body (all on the level of a Claymore) could get you quite far. Now that I look at it again, I don't think the pendulum is to help her movements in particular. Physics talk aside, the way she swings her head at the beginning is likely a movement to induce unpredictability. The way she avoids the swords trying to hack her in the face (eg. beginning of Chapter 118) she doesn't waste her movement at all: just as she's getting up from the ground (and 'leap' over Audrey, she chops off her arm in the process while she is out of position/ not in the position to defend herself (since her sword just hacked the ground.)
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

On a side note it was re reading the chapter where Clare fights Rigaldo.

Claires awakened limbs make me think her fully awakened form would be similar to Alicia(in terms of body size , etc...)
i dont really like Clare but if she were to fully awaken into a bad all mega fast Alicia like awakend being i might have to change my mind on her i would love for her to beat prissy by fully awakening(maybe after a death? someone big maybe, or everyone will be wounded/ almost dead-1 might have died out right...poor Yuma)

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

I also missed out on any discussion about Irene's arm on Clare and her awakening.

but now that clare seems to have been "reborn" in a sense- her arm no longer looks "attached" but rather a part of her "natural" body. is it Still Irenes? or is it clares(and she has just mastered the Quick sword?)

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Also when Isely and prissy are talking about "lights" and it says "two are left, they are strong, but so fickle, and just now one went out...and only one remains...And now all of the lights have disappeared "

who do you think was the last one to die ? Clare or Miria(or could it be Deneve due to her regeneration)?

re reading the older chapters really makes me wish i was around on a form when they were first coming out
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

re reading the older chapters really makes me wish i was around on a form when they were first coming out
I've said that before myself, being a late comer to Claymore. When I was watching the anime (which I saw first) I liked it so much I started seeking out internet info - mainly curious if there was to be a second season. But when I would start reading I kept reading spoilers, so I stopped reading about Claymore online. :sad It was really hard since I was so wanting to soak up everything Claymore, but I resisted the urge and forced myself to not search anything Claymore until after I was done watching it. Claymore was too good to spoil the experience! A couple months after I finished it up, I joined my first anime forum. I still am not caught up with the manga, so I avoid the threads here discussing the latest chapters and tend to skip over topics that I think are further than I am. Would be nice to experience it all from the beginning at the same time everyone else was though!
 
Last edited:

Kiba

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
305
Reaction score
108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

just read finished reading till the newest chapter

This isnt just a manga this is more a great piece of art

I also love the character built ups
My favorite character is Ilene i liked her calm nature and still so strong and epic
also love her technique :P

Well what to say after hearing what this Orginization has done, is just sick

And Am I the only one who loves cassandra , her technique ,her speeches (ahahaha all that stuff with shit) and even her Awakened form i also liked

Back to orginization its somehow really weird how easy they died i have the feeling someone of them will comeback in some way
well if someone comes back than Dae (hahahaaha hes the Darth Sidius of the Claymore world)

 
Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

No you're not alone! Cassy's shit talk is some of the best dialogues in the series IMO, especially with that attitude while munching on Roxanne's arm :p She really stands out to me as a warrior and as a resurrected being.

(Daae is way creepier than Darth Sidius lool)
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

especially with that attitude while munching on Roxanne's arm
Watch it there :3

Dont make me start posting my Roxanne is still alive theory's

:P
 

littleangel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
787
Reaction score
377
Gender
Female
Country
Jordan
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Guys, make sure to vote for Clare as the best female lead in anime..
 

Project Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
148
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

So, I just rewatched Claymore episode 25 on a whim. While thinking of what's currently been happening, I've found 2 things that caught my interest.

-Towards the middle, Priscilla says something along the lines of, "All I ever did was eat a bit of worthless flesh and nothing more. I am far from being a Yoma." At the time, I just chalked that up to Priscilla eating someone a few episodes before that. Now that we know about Pirscilla's past from a few chapters ago, I wonder if this is actually hinting at her father.

-Deneve uses Yuma's Claymore-sniper tactic. But fails of course. lol. Just thought it was amusing.
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

So, I just rewatched Claymore episode 25 on a whim. While thinking of what's currently been happening, I've found 2 things that caught my interest.

-Towards the middle, Priscilla says something along the lines of, "All I ever did was eat a bit of worthless flesh and nothing more. I am far from being a Yoma." At the time, I just chalked that up to Priscilla eating someone a few episodes before that. Now that we know about Pirscilla's past from a few chapters ago, I wonder if this is actually hinting at her father.

-Deneve uses Yuma's Claymore-sniper tactic. But fails of course. lol. Just thought it was amusing.
Random question what type is Deneve?

Also the more i re-read the latest chapters the more it makes me think time is up for our girl Yuma.
She has been show quite a bit(prissy even commented on her). I know clare has this new "i wont let my friends die" mentality but i think Yuma is going to die , she is going to get killed by Prissy(after trying to go for a kill shot).
This battle is a mirror of sorts to the one in the North, Did clare not say that Prissy and Rigaldo are quite similar in the way they attack and there body size. so i assume we are going to see a similar battle,)
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Guys, make sure to vote for Clare as the best female lead in anime..
Havent been online in several days so I might have missed it, but just looking now I can't seem to find the contest. Got a link?
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

littleangel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
787
Reaction score
377
Gender
Female
Country
Jordan
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Clare got 9 votes which I think will let her go into the second voting phase.. We have to do our best at the second voting because this is what counts at the end.. Let's make sure that Clare wins it, and by this we would have the best female lead character and the most badass female character in Claymore!

---------- Post added January 24, 2014 at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was January 22, 2014 at 08:21 PM ----------

The first voting round is now closed. We will have one more tiebreaker round, followed by the final voting round. The final round will include the top two winners from this round. The tiebreaker round will break any second place ties.
Guys, Clare will go into the tiebreaker round because she was second place with Misaka.. We need to do it and make sure that Clare win this.. Let's try our best to vote for Clare when they open the voting.
 

Project Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
148
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I know nothing of railgun, so I won't bring up Misaka...but to see that Mikasa is winning just disappoints me. I read Shingeki before the anime came out, before the massive surge of interest, and I genuinely liked her. Heck, I liked her enough to make fanart of her. But since then I have really grown to not like Mikasa as much, or respect her as I once did. Perhaps time has toned down her initial impact on me. Still a cool character, and I have no problem with people that like her. But I don't feel she is a fantastic character at this point, and has not been established enough to even be seen with other female leads (like Motoko Kusanagi). That doesn't change her potential, and it is my opinion of course.
 

littleangel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
787
Reaction score
377
Gender
Female
Country
Jordan
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Goral wrote an excellant post about this explaining why did this happen.. Sadly, it got deleted 3 times.. But I will quote from a part that wont get deleted:
No, it's not relatively easy to create a character like that. It's very hard actually, hence Teresa is the oldest participant in the semi-final besides Motoko. Others are just seasonal characters that most will forget abour. Your Yondaime is a perfect example of that. You used to like him but it was only temporary. In the end what counts is whether a character can withstand the test of time. Many people, once they grew up finally notice that Elfen Lied (and its characters) for example are horrendously stupid. Teresa on the other hand is still loved and recognized.

What's more, saying that one could only be considered as truly badass only after 100 chapters or so is silly. In most shounens, we know characters as well as we did 400 chapters ago. Unless the author makes shit up and every now and then makes their characters do 180 just to break the boredom. Now that is stupid. Alternatively he upscales things and introduces more powerful opponents. I prefer Yagi's way of doing things, i.e. finishing something before it becomes tedious/stupid. For the same reason Cowboy Bebop is considered as one of the best anime of all time.

I also don't see the point of your examples where female characters outshine male ones. How is that relevant to the discussion? And BTW, it's easy to make a character shine when you side it with a completely bleak one.
So as you can see if you don't put a very strong base for a character, it will fall as time goes.. Same will happen with Naruto, Bleach and One Piece as they finish.. Just like Reborn! All has been forgotten when the manga has completed and no one seems to remember or hold any attachment for any particular character that now no one watches it or reads it. SnK falls in the same river and all the characters introduced so far have that aura of mystery around them that make them appealing, yet when time passes -and time passes faster for hardcore fans- all these characters seem so dull and actually stupid. I was a real fan of Mikasa but now I'm so neutral about her especially now that her role has been ridiculously reduced into nothing but "berserker" that jumps to save Eren the princess! And that's how shallow she was and will be even if she gets a back story it will only be about Eren or another character adding nothing to her. And if she does something different, it is just as Goral said which is so out of character and makes the story weaker and weaker.
 

fluorideconspiracy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
147
Reaction score
79
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore 146 Discussion / 147 Predictions

amazing the lack of interest in this manga in recent months. last post was only ~7 days after the installment, and already the "spoiler" thread for February is out. don't tell me the constant "it's awesome" poll results are somehow misleading?!?! :derp
 
Top