Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Kat asked me to help her host a game, I agreed and I guess she will be hosting after Xadyu with me as co-host.^^ And we have prepared a bit ... :XD
I honestly think there should be a limit of at least playing a certain number of games before you can host, or co-host or wtv.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I honestly think there should be a limit of at least playing a certain number of games before you can host, or co-host or wtv.
Indeed, well I have played 9, and i thought I had some experience to try out hosting, with help ofc. But honestly it is not enough imo, maybe I can do with a few more playing. But what do you suggest the number of games played should be before you host?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I honestly think there should be a limit of at least playing a certain number of games before you can host, or co-host or wtv.
Except that Kat has played 9 (8, the list in the history thread is wrong?) already, more than niichan (7) and Faust (6) when they started hosting.

But I agree.

Indeed, well I have played 9, and i thought I had some experience to try out hosting, with help ofc. But honestly it is not enough imo, maybe I can do with a few more playing. But what do you suggest the number of games played should be before you host?
10? :XD
 
Last edited:

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I honestly think there should be a limit of at least playing a certain number of games before you can host, or co-host or wtv.
I think i played 11 or 12 games only ç.ç it was 14 o.o
 
Last edited:

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I have only played 6 games :o


















:scry
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Imo, we should just have some group that gives their thumbs up or thumbs down to a new host. I'm not a fan of democracies, an aristocracy sounds way better (to avoid having 1 dictator or 30 people voting for no reason, making it a popularity contest). Evil (for obvious reasons, he introduced the game, has hosted more than anyone else and takes more care of the section than anyone else imo), DD (2nd top host, knows lots about the game) and Imp (hasn't hosted once as far as I know, but he has contributed lots and is -prolly and arguably- the best mafia player) could be that group.

Of course, this is a suggestion, just an idea, everyone is free to say their opinions about the topic and bash me as much as you want for this :sweatdrop

I have only played 6 games :o
No wonder you suck.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I think that's ridiculous. The hosts shouldnt be decided by a select group of people, its for the forum as a whole. I am totally against that and would not like to be a part of any such group.

Anybody should be able to host but after a minimum amount of game (like 5 or something) was all that I was saying, otherwise the game mechanics might not be understood and we would end up with a blai game again. I didnt think Kat played that amount so I pointed that out but it seems like she has, so carry on I guess.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I think that's ridiculous. The hosts shouldnt be decided by a select group of people, its for the forum as a whole. I am totally against that and would not like to be a part of any such group.

Anybody should be able to host but after a minimum amount of game (like 5 or something) was all that I was saying, otherwise the game mechanics might not be understood and we would end up with a blai game again. I didnt think Kat played that amount so I pointed that out but it seems like she has, so carry on I guess.
Just like we do with roles?

It's harder in this case, as people aren't just roles. You can't say ¨that role sucks¨. Nor I think that the amount of played games has anything to do with the capability (is that a word) of a person to host.

In any case, it was just a suggestion, and I knew that it could get that kind of feedback, that's why I said you could bash me in the end, lol.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Or you can just let anyone host and people are free to join or not.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Imo, we should just have some group that gives their thumbs up or thumbs down to a new host. I'm not a fan of democracies, an aristocracy sounds way better (to avoid having 1 dictator or 30 people voting for no reason, making it a popularity contest). Evil (for obvious reasons, he introduced the game, has hosted more than anyone else and takes more care of the section than anyone else imo), DD (2nd top host, knows lots about the game) and Imp (hasn't hosted once as far as I know, but he has contributed lots and is -prolly and arguably- the best mafia player) could be that group.

Of course, this is a suggestion, just an idea, everyone is free to say their opinions about the topic and bash me as much as you want for this :sweatdrop



No wonder you suck.
I would say no to almost everyone. evil would say yes to almost everyone. Imp would be the decider, I say no to this idea.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

18.

Only you, Lala, Imp and Lawlett have over 20 games.
Ah...Then give the hosting to lawlett.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So Imp and DD said no, 2/3, I guess it's already denied.

:derp

Nah, I really didn't expect positive feedback from it, lol. But saw it somehow fair.

Letting anyone host should be ok I guess.

Ah...Then give the hosting to lawlett.
Exactly what I thought when I saw the list :lmao
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
So Imp and DD said no, 2/3, I guess it's already denied.

:derp

Nah, I really didn't expect positive feedback from it, lol. But saw it somehow fair.

Letting anyone host should be ok I guess.
WRONGU!
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
How then, smartass >_>

If people don't trust a host, they are free not to join the game and that's it.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Wow, I'm such a polar dude. In one post I suggest an aristocracy and 1 post after it I suggest people to do wtf they want :lmao

Damn you hardy!
:(

well, seems fair :/
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Mafia Game hosting isn't American Idol. :oh
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Mafia Game hosting isn't American Idol. :oh
Actually, American Idol's final stage is a complete democracy.

DD would be a good Simon though.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would say no to almost everyone. evil would say yes to almost everyone. Imp would be the decider, I say no to this idea.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------



Ah...Then give the hosting to lawlett.
whats wrong with lulu....he probably smarter than the whole lot of us
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top