Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
:SOON...

*hugs Earthy from behind*
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Just got rejected from my undergrad institution for graduate school.

Going to cry myself to sleep now.
Sorry to hear. :comfort
Normally it's a matter of recommendations, motivational letters and most of all grades AFAIK. I could be wrong but if that's the case it should be a tough one to turn around =/
Depends. I was allowed to take two classes in one semester so I could graduate rather than having to take the prerequisite first because my adviser talked to and convinced the person to allow me, since he had confidence in me. That person was the same professor for an MIS class I had, in which I had a C and fucked up a test because I didn't bother to think about the filled out name since I was in a rush. :\

So yeah, if she knows someone or has the adviser or whoever's confidence, she has a decent chance.
It's just been one of those cascade failure weeks. I went into it very sick and behind on homework. Was distracted by the need to finish a presentation for a competition, and so I didn't start one homework and didn't finish another. On Wednesday I had two appointments that were cancelled last minute, though I hadn't had enough time to prepare anyways. However it sent my relative into total depression. That took out most of the day. Then I finally got started on an essay due today, which at least is working out, but it's my first literature essay in years. Then yesterday I discovered I had a homework due today instead of next Friday, which I haven't even started on and was rejected by this university. And today I've been pulled into a last minute panel because someone backed out, which I have to do because the guy running it is influential.

If I didn't have this board, my med school friend, and my family, I'd probably be a weeping mess by now.
I mean it when I say I wish I could help you. :\ Too much shit for one person to do.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that it's horrible, having an infuriating and awful teacher in a subject I would otherwise be very interested in. Such a travesty. I'm so fed up with Dr. fucking Kroll.

The other day in class, he exasperated a student to a point where the student promptly threw his shit in his backpack and slammed the door on the way out of class. I had a strong urge to follow suit, but gritted my teeth and stayed put in the useless lecture ONLY for the fact that I paid over $1000 for this fucking jerk professor's time and he grades my exams.

Then thinking about the exam made me even more angry.

I should be enjoying this class. Definitely not the case.

---------- Post added February 24, 2014 at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was February 23, 2014 at 01:38 AM ----------

How asking my lab partner out went in my head:

Me: Are you busy this weekend?
Lab Partner: Naw, not really.
Me: You should go on a date with me.
Lab Partner: Yup ok.
Me: Hella!

How asking my lab partner ACTUALLY went:

Me: What are you doing this weekend?
Lab Partner: Prolly gonna hit the club and work on that pchem assignment.
Me: You should take me out to the club with you. You. Me. This weekend.
Lab Partner: Oh yeah, there's this awesome gay bar. I keep striking out though, the guy I went home with this weekend was just interested in a quick fuck. He basically text messaged on his phone the entire night...
Me: ....FUCK.
Lab Partner: Oh, did you mean on a date??
Me: God damn it. Jesusssschrist.

YUP. THIS GUY PLAYS THE FRENCH HORN, LOVES ZELDA, LOVES HARRY POTTER, AND IS A CHEMISTRY MAJOR.

OF COURSE HE'S FUCKING GAY.

OF COURSE.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

THANKS OBAMA.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
YUP. THIS GUY PLAYS THE FRENCH HORN, LOVES ZELDA, LOVES HARRY POTTER, AND IS A CHEMISTRY MAJOR.

OF COURSE HE'S FUCKING GAY.

OF COURSE.
With this good sir, my amusement for the day / night has been accomplished.
Thanksya~<3!! (I vod share a drink but my monitor doesn't allow sharing~ : ah3)
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Thanks for laughing at my severe frustration! Where am I going to find another musically inclined Zelda/Harry Potter fan who also loves chemistry??? Although to be fair, it was pretty hilarious. He just kind of laughed at me hysterically for the remainder of the lab everytime I glared at him. Then he started making gay jokes. We were using Bromate in the oscillating reaction today and he literally said "bromate... BROS MATE! oooooooooh!" That little shitter expected a high five out of me. I quipped that he was only allowed to speak if spoken to for the rest of the lab. The painfully corny puns increased by over 9000 after that.

And it's ok, Charlie. I have my own bottle of wine right here. No need to share. It's celebratory for a good Monday. I made a 53 on my pchem exam (which was EXACTLY the average). Mediocrity sometimes feels so fucking good. I also made a 98% on my first lab report, and had only a 2.5% error on the lab report I turned in today. Also got rejected by my gay lab partner.

Over all, a productive and successful day.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,287
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I am with charlie on this one, I have my dose of amusement to make it through the day. :toc I am sure you can easily find 2 or 3 out of 4 when it comes to the "musically inclined Zelda/Harry Potter fan who also loves chemistry" thingy. Getting 4 out of 4 would indeed prove a harder challenge though, it actually seems too specific even if we consider that being in a chemistry lab surrounds you with guys that should like chemistry (and I am sure 90 or 95% of them aren't gay).
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Or, just go on a dating website and find someone who's into Harry Potter, chemistry, and music.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Or, just go on a dating website and find someone who's into Harry Potter, chemistry, and music.
I'm not single and looking. I'm an opportunist, that's all. I didn't want to be his girlfriend necessarily. XD
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Kay.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yay, I have one acceptance from CU Boulder! Granted it's not in my top choices, it's good to be wanted somewhere.

I'm not single and looking. I'm an opportunist, that's all. I didn't want to be his girlfriend necessarily. XD
Wait. I'm confused now.

As for a straight "musically inclined Zelda/Harry Potter fan who also loves chemistry": I won't let you have him! ):<
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,287
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I never realized liking zelda and harry potter would actually add to someone's sex appeal. Its a whole new world...
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Grats on the acceptance EF~! (btw, did you mention your RL name somewheres cuz I forgot et... :p)

I never realized liking zelda and harry potter would actually add to someone's sex appeal. Its a whole new world...
A dazzling place with.... n


Chick I kinda was into said her momz was into me and how she (moms) wants to 'shake a young buck' or something like this. I actually forgot the exact term she said but I laughed and immeditaly changed the subject because home girl is in her 40's already and that would make her momz...... :D (yeah you can imagines)
Kinda dashed my hopes with her for a lil bit.

However...... all hope is not lost?? She brings up kamasutra outta nowhere in a convo, as If Im an expert cus I'm brown? lol

Sighs - stress....
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
charlie's love life = nonexistent
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Yay, I have one acceptance from CU Boulder! Granted it's not in my top choices, it's good to be wanted somewhere.

Wait. I'm confused now.

As for a straight "musically inclined Zelda/Harry Potter fan who also loves chemistry": I won't let you have him! ):<
That's great! If you decide to go to CU, I don't think you'll regret it. I initially wanted to go there, but couldn't afford out-of-state tuition (hell, I can't afford IN-state tuition...) Boulder is a beautiful city (Rocky Mountains!!) full of life and open-minded people. Also, weed.


That was supposed to say **single and NOT looking. XD Excuse my sleep-deprived brain. And don't worry, we won't have to fight over him. He doesn't exist (at least not with a straight orientation). Now if you're ever looking for a musically inclined Zelda/Harry Potter fan who loves chemistry chick who isn't completely on the straight-and-narrow, then she exists. :derp

I never realized liking zelda and harry potter would actually add to someone's sex appeal. Its a whole new world...
Exponentially.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Grats on the acceptance EF~! (btw, did you mention your RL name somewheres cuz I forgot et... :p)
Thanks! I generally don't mention my RL name.

That's great! If you decide to go to CU, I don't think you'll regret it. I initially wanted to go there, but couldn't afford out-of-state tuition (hell, I can't afford IN-state tuition...) Boulder is a beautiful city (Rocky Mountains!!) full of life and open-minded people. Also, weed.
Thanks! I'm actually more interested in UCLA or Caltech if they accept me, mostly because I can then travel home every month and my sib can stay at my place when he ready to go back to UCLA.

I'm just happy that at least one place likes me.

That was supposed to say **single and NOT looking. XD Excuse my sleep-deprived brain. And don't worry, we won't have to fight over him. He doesn't exist (at least not with a straight orientation). Now if you're ever looking for a musically inclined Zelda/Harry Potter fan who loves chemistry chick who isn't completely on the straight-and-narrow, then she exists. :derp
Or does he...? :shifty

I have a club of such guys, many of whom are musically inclined. The problem is, most are... unsocialized. Some think it's good to act loony, some don't bathe, some decide that showing interest in a girl entails being an arrogant twit...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,287
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
What sort of club is that? Is it a combo of music/zelda/HP club (link vs potter musical?)? How can someone not bathe? How do they expect to get a girl without showing interest? did they give up? or is it more of an asexuality thing? Or is it more like naomi's situation? Or are they trying to "twilight" girls (as in ignoring them, treating them like crap, overall abusing them physically and emotionally) into falling for them (would the stink count as physical and emotional abuse?)?
 
Top