Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What sort of club is that? Is it a combo of music/zelda/HP club (link vs potter musical?)?
It's a club of physics, math and CS majors. Concentrating ground of crazy geeky pasttimes.

How can someone not bathe?
I don't know. I think they feel it's a waste of time.

How do they expect to get a girl without showing interest? did they give up? or is it more of an asexuality thing? Or is it more like naomi's situation? Or are they trying to "twilight" girls (as in ignoring them, treating them like crap, overall abusing them physically and emotionally) into falling for them (would the stink count as physical and emotional abuse?)?
All of the above has been observed. Extreme shyness, asexuality, and plain ol' screwball views of women.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Stink should be considered physical and psychological abuse. It can scar one for life :oh
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I'm pretty pissed and hate humanity even more. My dad got scammed out of $500, although there were too many warning signs it was a scam. I guess he panicked because internet and phone went down yesterday, but that was for the entire area. Still, fuck people.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i confess my love for ohtaka shinobu and her glorious manga writing and artwork

possibly the best mangaka in the world and the growing popularity of her work is a testament to this
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Sometimes you just need to study chemistry and eat a whole pizza.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
i agree about the pizza part but not about the chemistry part
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
It's a club of physics, math and CS majors. Concentrating ground of crazy geeky pasttimes.



I don't know. I think they feel it's a waste of time.



All of the above has been observed. Extreme shyness, asexuality, and plain ol' screwball views of women.
Oh wow lol. That sounds like the big bang theory gone all wrong....
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Oh wow lol. That sounds like the big bang theory gone all wrong....
No retarded laugh track in the background. :verily
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
No retarded laugh track in the background. :verily
Nope, and perhaps no other laughs for that matter (either the smell kills humor or laughter is just not practical). On the other hand, earthforge might as well be their Penny....
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Got invited to the gay bar tonight.

Can't go because I have three exams this week.

:soclose
just let it go, dafuq you gonna do there? :epicfacepalm
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Charlie x liductan?
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Got invited to the gay bar tonight.

Can't go because I have three exams this week.

:soclose
screw the exams. Just go... I would (just out of curiosity, if not for other reasons) :blush
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
dont listen to the devil^
 

DazedSkies

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I can be a drama queen at times -_-
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well. I've been rejected from UCLA. It's pretty crushing that out of the four physics departments I applied to, all rejected me except for the second-rate school.

I'm reconsidering physics on the whole. I feel like I can't fit in a field that prioritizes test scores and GPA over my ability to do research. No matter how much I love research and physics, I'll never be good enough because I'm bad at tests. It doesn't matter that I've singlehandedly raised the undergrad physics club from the dead, or that I did a paper with a leading expert in the field, or that my ability to do research at my current school was destroyed by the senior professor dying half way through, or that I'm graduating at 19.

It's sad because I love research and I love physics. But they don't care. They don't look at me and see my strengths. They look at me and see a poor test-taker who hasn't done enough "real" physics research.

It also reminds me of how disproportionately monetary support impact ability to excel academically and perform well on expensive standardized tests. If I were from a rich family, I would've had a lot off my mind so I could be a super test-taker. If I cut myself off from my family and let them fall apart, perhaps the same would have happened. But I spent more weekends trying to keep us together because I care.

Either settle for the lesser field and go into planetary sci, or abandon academia entirely and work in industry.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Ever thought about going into Physical Chemistry? Although I'm not sure how many chem courses you've taken or how many would be required.

It's a shit ton of physics, and grad school LOVE it when students say they've always had a keen interest in p-chem.

The only other thing I could think of is if you could somehow land a summer research gig or two. Might make you look more appealing to the graduate programs. (If your academic adviser or professors have never advertised research programs to you, then they're not doing their job!)

I have to say, I'm surprised that you'd chuck out the idea of graduate school just because you don't think the university that accepted you is "first rate".

:s
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
EF - :hug

Will you not be able to go the secondary school and then transfer over to one of the main ones you wanted to peruse?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Well. I've been rejected from UCLA. It's pretty crushing that out of the four physics departments I applied to, all rejected me except for the second-rate school.

I'm reconsidering physics on the whole. I feel like I can't fit in a field that prioritizes test scores and GPA over my ability to do research. No matter how much I love research and physics, I'll never be good enough because I'm bad at tests. It doesn't matter that I've singlehandedly raised the undergrad physics club from the dead, or that I did a paper with a leading expert in the field, or that my ability to do research at my current school was destroyed by the senior professor dying half way through, or that I'm graduating at 19.

It's sad because I love research and I love physics. But they don't care. They don't look at me and see my strengths. They look at me and see a poor test-taker who hasn't done enough "real" physics research.

It also reminds me of how disproportionately monetary support impact ability to excel academically and perform well on expensive standardized tests. If I were from a rich family, I would've had a lot off my mind so I could be a super test-taker. If I cut myself off from my family and let them fall apart, perhaps the same would have happened. But I spent more weekends trying to keep us together because I care.

Either settle for the lesser field and go into planetary sci, or abandon academia entirely and work in industry.
*hugs*

Use this as a motivation to kick ass, earthy. Make the first rate schools regret they didn't take you by dominating the second rate school. Don't look at this as setback, look at this as motivation to show them why they should have taken you.
 
Top