Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ever thought about going into Physical Chemistry? Although I'm not sure how many chem courses you've taken or how many would be required.
Eh... I've thought about it, but honestly... I've never been that fond of chemistry. ;^^ I did the lower divs at community college.

The only other thing I could think of is if you could somehow land a summer research gig or two. Might make you look more appealing to the graduate programs. (If your academic adviser or professors have never advertised research programs to you, then they're not doing their job!)
Research programs aren't generally advertised. I do have a research project to work on in summer, although it's more of a bio project than a physics projects. I want to tie in physics and am thinking about bringing one of the Berkeley profs in on the project. This is a strong possibility. I probably wouldn't get paid because the grant is limited to equipment costs.

I have to say, I'm surprised that you'd chuck out the idea of graduate school just because you don't think the university that accepted you is "first rate".

:s
The biggest reason I'm not so interested in the second-rate school is because it's out of state. Tuition is higher and it's be much more difficult to get home (I still have to take care of my family). I'm not ruling it out entirely -- I plan to visit in the beginning of next month. If I really like my adviser or the department, everything else is surmountable. But it'd have to be really good, since I wouldn't be able to do cross-department work. Based on my interactions with the alumnae at the launch last November, the physics and planetary science side are the oases of achievement due to how much the university invests in spacecraft projects.

*hugs*

Use this as a motivation to kick ass, earthy. Make the first rate schools regret they didn't take you by dominating the second rate school. Don't look at this as setback, look at this as motivation to show them why they should have taken you.
I feel like even the second rate doesn't care so much. I got half the "sign-on bonus" that many others did.

We'll see how the planetary sci programs react in a few weeks. I hope I get some positive news on that front.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Best of luck, old chap.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I cannot wait for spring break you guys. I am so ready for a vacation. Finally done with those goddamn three exams. I already got the grade back on the first one, and I made an A woop woop. Although I KNOW things didn't fare well for the second two, at least I have that. I am just so glad that it's over eek bleh agh. But SPRING BREAK WOOOOOOO! Just one more day of class and then I'm free for an entire week of nothing but booze, the beach, Netflix, and a good book.


I haven't slept in two days.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess, that I play Teemo now...
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I was thinking about getting a 'life coach'. lol
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I cannot wait for spring break you guys. I am so ready for a vacation. Finally done with those goddamn three exams. I already got the grade back on the first one, and I made an A woop woop. Although I KNOW things didn't fare well for the second two, at least I have that. I am just so glad that it's over eek bleh agh. But SPRING BREAK WOOOOOOO! Just one more day of class and then I'm free for an entire week of nothing but booze, the beach, Netflix, and a good book.


I haven't slept in two days.
Ewwwww Beaches.

I wish I could at least have a spring break but I remembered I work at a place with a lot of 16-18 year olds that requested the entire week. So I was told I am going to be working 50+ hours. I just hope I get the one day I asked off, Off.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
SATAN, ITS SATAN. BURN IT WITH FIRE.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Oh. Why is that significant? Is it a bad character?
It's incredibly annoying to play against. I had pride myself on not being one...but it's too effective. I have become what I hate...
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Oh. Why is that significant? Is it a bad character?
everybody hates teemo and teemo's players. he's a piece of shit you wanna kill at any cost
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
And yet barely anyone ever buys the stuff to make teemo and his shrooms visible lol.....
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
And yet barely anyone ever buys the stuff to make teemo and his shrooms visible lol.....
He's worse now, because you can't take the same precautions as you used to last season.
 
Top