Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Soma is coming out digitally tomorrow.
Definitely getting it tomorrow, though probably via their proprietary app since I dont want another One Punch Man situation to happen (seems people cant buy it on kindle anymore since the release date is now May 16...).

I hope Food Wars actually has extras.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah its kind of the minor issue I have with like Naruto where he only gives us one tiny comment on the first page, and then thats it, no extra nothing at all.
He used to tell stories about his life or random stuff in the first 30 volumes or so. And since volume 23 I think he draws fanmade designs. He still does them now.
D.Gray-Man usually has lots of extras. Gintama has Sorachi answering a few questions and a long usually very random and funny text. It depends on the series.
(Answering questions seems out of style in general and the only reason Oda is doing it is because older mangaka used to do it and he liked that.)
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Definitely getting it tomorrow, though probably via their proprietary app since I dont want another One Punch Man situation to happen (seems people cant buy it on kindle anymore since the release date is now May 16...).

I hope Food Wars actually has extras.
Well, all volumes of Soma have recipes and some have special chapters, those should be included in the English version too
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Kubo has assistants? I thought he had no one, or something like that I think I read in a interview.
I think you probably misread them. In the interviews Kubo always said that he makes the assistants do the backgrounds and other stuff.
 

N0R7H

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I think you probably misread them. In the interviews Kubo always said that he makes the assistants do the backgrounds and other stuff.
Maybe that's why I thought he hasn't assistants hahaha I really like Bleach, but he don't do backgrounds at all.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Has anyone seen the belated White Day wallpapers from Shonen Jump's website? It's really cute -- they rank the top 3 male characters fans would like to receive gifts from. The most popular character has a wallpaper you can download of them. Here's the link:

http://shonenjump.com/j/whiteday/2014/form.html

Its interesting they have Word Trigger and Soul Catchers on there. Not surprised at all that Sasuke is more popular, but Ichigo coming in first place was really surprising--I always thought Hitsugaya was more popular.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Definitely getting it tomorrow, though probably via their proprietary app since I dont want another One Punch Man situation to happen (seems people cant buy it on kindle anymore since the release date is now May 16...).

I hope Food Wars actually has extras.
Well, you do realize it actually depends on if the Japanese version has extras too right? In the case of Naruto, I didn't see any in the later volumes.

The Japanese version of Soma v1 has the first 5 chapters, the oneshot, and a short chapter with Kurase in it. English version will probably have that, though it may not satisfy your want for extras.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has anyone seen the belated White Day wallpapers from Shonen Jump's website? It's really cute -- they rank the top 3 male characters fans would like to receive gifts from. The most popular character has a wallpaper you can download of them. Here's the link:

http://shonenjump.com/j/whiteday/2014/form.html

Its interesting they have Word Trigger and Soul Catchers on there. Not surprised at all that Sasuke is more popular, but Ichigo coming in first place was really surprising--I always thought Hitsugaya was more popular.
Sasuke could give me gifts, please! Kamine too.

I would have had Takao for Kurobas, Okita for Gintama (was my favorite in the 29 episodes I saw, would continue if he gets more screentime? does he?), Hitsugaya for Bleach, Izumi kohei for World Trigger.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
ESJ podcast stuff

- Editor Jennifer LeBlanc said she was working on stuff in addition to Soma that she couldn't talk about yet. Perhaps other Viz acquisitions, but I can't say for sure.
- There's gonna be an interview with Hattori (WT editor) sometime. It happened already, but they need to edit it or something.
- They affirm that simultaneous digital release with Japan probably won't happen. They used the example of sfx replacement. Obviously not possible for print.
- They talk about why "Food Wars" was used as a name (again), pretty much for marketing because a person that knows no Japanese won't know what it's about based on the original title.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ESJ podcast stuff

- Editor Jennifer LeBlanc said she was working on stuff in addition to Soma that she couldn't talk about yet. Perhaps other Viz acquisitions, but I can't say for sure.
I wonder if its truly for ESJ, shes also editor for their boys love line of manga and their havent been acquisitions announced for that for this year yet. Hoping for it!
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, all volumes of Soma have recipes and some have special chapters, those should be included in the English version too
Ah you were right, it has the recipe, one shot and other story. So glad Soma design got an upgrade from the one shot to the serialization, got way more appealing.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The special chapter of Jigoku Sensei Nube (serialized in WSJ from 1993 to 1999) going to release on upcoming Issue 9 of Grand Jump.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kuroko no Basket (Lead Color)
Assassination Classroom
Shokugeki no Soma
Peach Pluck (Center Color, Oneshot)
Naruto
Illegal Rare
Tokyo Wonder Boys
Funny Honey (Oneshot)
Bleach (Center Color)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
iShojo
Saiki Kusou no PSInan
Stealth Symphony
Haikyu!!
World Trigger
Nisekoi
Gintama
Kochikame
Soul Catcher(s)
Iron Knight

Absent - Toriko, One Piece

Issue 18:
Cover and lead color - Haikyu!!
Oneshot - Eikyuu Fumutsu Devil Point (Author of Sket Dance, 49 pages and center color)
Center color - Shokugeki no Soma

Issue 19:
Cover - Haikyu!! (Forms one big image together with the issue 18 cover)
Oneshot by the author of Reborn

Issue 20:
Oneshot by the author of magico
 
Last edited:

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
:gwah
Where is Toriko ? Is Shima sick ?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Illegal Rare position is a plot twist, not for me, though. :p
Nisekoi position is 8th, but it still hurts, seeing it on the bottom 5. Too much series unranked, it will become more interesting later.

Good oneshots and congrats for Haikyuu!!
PS: When they will give a series for Naoki Iwamoto? lol
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's odd, because Toriko was in the preview-for-next-issue thing last week. Ah well. That preview page says it's in the next issue. Nice to see Shinohara back in Jump again, too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top