Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
iF I had to choose a series,I'd choose sure a fantasy/sci-fi or an action manga.there could be a good romcom,but I really don't like very much this genre,and Ishojo doesn't seem to have interested me.I'm not saying that is a bad manga,I'm only saying that I'd prefer that either Illegal rare or Stealth symphony would get successful,and if there's a possibility even TWB and Ishojo.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I cannot understand why you overstimate so much Ishojo,is only a romance,and it's so boring
Didn't you just say exactly one page ago "Ishojo is a good manga"

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Yeah, but I don't think you should really underestimate a romcom series, especially Nisekoi. There are many people who loves romcom in here, especially Nisekoi.
Eh, I love Romcoms but I can't stand Nisekoi.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
In my opinion Niskoi should have been dropped 50chapters ago about
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think individual opinions about whatever series is not the main point of the thread. We talk about cancellations based on the TOC, not in individual opinion. Even if you don't like a series, you can't wish for its cancellation so clearly in the thread in respect to who likes the series and to avoid unnecessary discussion.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think individual opinions about whatever series is not the main point of the thread. We talk about cancellations based on the TOC, not in individual opinion. Even if you don't like a series, you can't wish for its cancellation so clearly in the thread in respect to who likes the series and to avoid unnecessary discussion.
But, I think we can still talk about our opinions about which new series a person likes and dislikes in this thread. However, I also agree with you on making opinion about the series going to get cancelled based on just one's opinion is not acceptable.
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I think individual opinions about whatever series is not the main point of the thread. We talk about cancellations based on the TOC, not in individual opinion. Even if you don't like a series, you can't wish for its cancellation so clearly in the thread in respect to who likes the series and to avoid unnecessary discussion.
I'm not the one clamoring for Nisekoi and all other non-battle manga in Jump to be cancelled just because I may not be a fan of the genre (although I am a fan of rom-coms and other genres, so don't misinterpret my post).
I completely agree with you, I was just responding with my opinion to a guy saying that lots of RomCom fans also like Nisekoi.
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
With Kadokawa revealing its hand and launching Comic Walker with (118 JPN, 18 ENG, and 22 CHN) series, as well as Kodansha manga on DeNA and Crunchyroll to a wide array of countries, I wonder if Shueisha will now feel pressure to put their Shonen Jump series on some online system for release around the world with no region restrictions. I cant imagine that they would continue to be the lone man out in the field with the pricier to pay system for series and the most restrictive. (unless quality and popularity would mean they could stick to their current method of release)
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
There are a lot of people who like series ?????, there are a lot of people who hate ?????.

Just pointing out how meanignless your argument is.
Is it? I hear more praise on Nisekoi than people who hate it in here.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think individual opinions about whatever series is not the main point of the thread. We talk about cancellations based on the TOC, not in individual opinion. Even if you don't like a series, you can't wish for its cancellation so clearly in the thread in respect to who likes the series and to avoid unnecessary discussion.
Personal opinion is welcome in this thread. Everyone is welcome to root for their favorite series, root against what they don't like, and discuss what they hope will, or will not, be canceled. Actually taking it a step farther and predicting something will end based on personal taste is kind of unintelligent. Dumb, but not off topic. I'd always recommend ignoring comments like that. If anyone does take the bait, never forget that it's a silly discussion, and not to get to worked up about it. Anyone who responds should do so knowing they probably will not get rational, intelligent, fulfilling conversation.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
With Kadokawa revealing its hand and launching Comic Walker with (118 JPN, 18 ENG, and 22 CHN) series, as well as Kodansha manga on DeNA and Crunchyroll to a wide array of countries, I wonder if Shueisha will now feel pressure to put their Shonen Jump series on some online system for release around the world with no region restrictions. I cant imagine that they would continue to be the lone man out in the field with the pricier to pay system for series and the most restrictive. (unless quality and popularity would mean they could stick to their current method of release)
I think that's mainly because the manga Shueisha releases as a whole are usually more popular than what other publishers do. And with their Jump Comics brand Shueisha basically has the most sold manga of the shounen genre and they know people are ready to pay for these series. As for worldwide releases it might have to do with the market in each country. For example, France is the 2nd manga market right after Japan but that only goes as far as paperback manga sales go. There is no telling a digital manga market would actually work well here. (especially when you see that the most popular or 2nd most popular manga here is Fairy Tail, but that's not really relevant :) )
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Is it? I hear more praise on Nisekoi than people who hate it in here.
You are missing the point. There are more people on earth that wouldn't care if Oda stops drawing One Piece right now, than those that would like for him to continue. Just giving a perspective. He doesn't like it, others may too, you and many others would like for the series to go on. In the end it's just opinion vs opinion, like vs dislike. Your original post doesn't contain any actual argument besides the series having many readers.
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You are missing the point. There are more people on earth that wouldn't care if Oda stops drawing One Piece right now, than those that would like for him to continue. Just giving a perspective. He doesn't like it, others may too, you and many others would like for the series to go on. In the end it's just opinion vs opinion, like vs dislike. Your original post doesn't contain any actual argument besides the series having many readers.
I know that. Plus, I think you are the one who missed that point (or you even didn't read my original post).

My original point is that it really isn't good idea to make assumptions that the series going to get cancelled because of one person's taste than looking at the ToC overall.

This time, trying to go back what a person wrote rather than just looking at one post back. :p

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I think that's mainly because the manga Shueisha releases as a whole are usually more popular than what other publishers do. And with their Jump Comics brand Shueisha basically has the most sold manga of the shounen genre and they know people are ready to pay for these series. As for worldwide releases it might have to do with the market in each country. For example, France is the 2nd manga market right after Japan but that only goes as far as paperback manga sales go. There is no telling a digital manga market would actually work well here. (especially when you see that the most popular or 2nd most popular manga here is Fairy Tail, but that's not really relevant :) )
Yeah, I think that is correct. For Jump, they can create the hit series more faster than the other magazines, like there isn't any magazine which carries as much hit series as Jump. So, I don't think they have worry too much about whether release their series in online or not.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Is it? I hear more praise on Nisekoi than people who hate it in here.
I honestly don't know why. It's really generic and repetitive. It's not "bad" per-se, but it'd be a stretch to call it a good rom-com in my opinion.
I know it's popular, and won't be cancelled. I just don't see the huge appeal.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I honestly don't know why. It's really generic and repetitive. It's not "bad" per-se, but it'd be a stretch to call it a good rom-com in my opinion.
Well, I can't really say whether Nisekoi is a good example for rom-com or not; but, it seems very popular in here and Japan as well. That's why.

Plus, I made that assumption based people reaction about Nisekoi's sale increase due to anime (like two weeks ago). I hear many people being happy about getting huge increase and hoping to reach 300k. That's why I assume that there are lots of people who like Nisekoi in this forum.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Well, I can't really say whether Nisekoi is a good example for rom-com or not; but, it seems very popular in here and Japan as well. That's why.
"It's popular" is not a good answer to "Why is it popular?".
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Have stopped after vol 5 too, as it didn't seem to go anywhere and from listening to the Jumpcast, it hasn't advanced anywhere still. Tastes differ, I won't hate you for not reading lots of manga I like to read either.
I don't read manga anymore (just One Piece and Shingeki) :hmph
I'm watching the Nisekoi anime (brilliant, everything I'd expect from a Shaft anime), but haven't read the manga in a few years.

Individual taste is just that. Nobody can fault you for not liking something, and if they do, they shouldn't. The issue is more with members, especially ones with rather specific taste, predicting rankings and cancellations based on what they like. It's also can get annoying when people insist a long running manga they didn't like in the first place is past it's prime and should end anyway. It's silly, but harmless, most of the time. When it's spammed relentlessly enough it can get annoying. I think sometimes it's easy to lose perspective and forget that individual taste doesn't necessarily reflect fandom as a whole, and that the taste of international manga fans don't always reflect what their Japanese counterparts like. The Nisekoi anime is very popular with Japanese fans right now. When you're discussing rankings and cancellations, that is what matters most. I personally welcome people expressing their personal taste. Discussing what we read is much more interesting to me than ranking and sale discussions. Things get silly when personal taste starts dictating ranking predictions. If predictions in this thread were to be taken seriously, than Medaka Box would have been canceled instead of Akaboshi. The general consensus at the time was that Nisekoi would be canceled after three volumes, not Kagami no Kuni.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
"It's popular" is not a good answer to "Why is it popular?".
Well, I think it is because it is from Jump and it is pretty generic. Honestly, I don't really see much something really, really, really, and really original manga series; most of series about "Oh, I already saw that at such, such series." However, those series are still popular because people like those generic stuff.

For me, I'm not that much big fan of Nisekoi; but I saw many people went wild after Nisekoi got anime.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Well, I think it is because it is from Jump and it is pretty generic. Honestly, I don't really see much something really, really, really, and really original manga series; most of series about "Oh, I already saw that at such, such series." However, those series are still popular because people like those generic stuff.

For me, I'm not that much big fan of Nisekoi; but I saw many people went wild after Nisekoi got anime.
Eh, I entirely disagree. Countless generic manga start up and get cancelled every year in Japan, especially in Jump.
Yes, nothing nowadays is going to be absolutely original because chances are it has been done before, but a lot of the more popular series nowadays have unique aspects to them that put them apart from the onslaught of other generic crap they compete against. I I think it's weird for series like Nisekoi that do absolutely nothing new or original whatsoever to succeed nowadays.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top