The Peach Pluck artist has a really familiar art style. Does anyone know who he assisted (If he assisted anyone?)
Yeah... It reminds me of a mix between Mashima and Raiku's art styles.The Peach Pluck artist has a really familiar art style. Does anyone know who he assisted (If he assisted anyone?)
With a little bit of Sawai thrown in for good measure. Especially the chick. She looks like Beauty in the earlier Bobobo chapters. I feel like reading this more than I do translating this weeks Gintama TBH.Yeah... It reminds me of a mix between Mashima and Raiku's art styles.
Can't find anything about him assisting anyone, but he's done two oneshots in Jump NEXT already: elec trick from 2012 Autumn, and Baby Boo from 2013 Autumn. I kind of skipped over Baby Boo when I was reading that issue because it was really, really weird, but it looks like his art's improved a lot since then.The Peach Pluck artist has a really familiar art style. Does anyone know who he assisted (If he assisted anyone?)
Nice to hear he's coming along then. I'd really like to read this one shot. It fits my generic tastes to a 'T'.Can't find anything about him assisting anyone, but he's done two oneshots in Jump NEXT already: elec trick from 2012 Autumn, and Baby Boo from 2013 Autumn. I kind of skipped over Baby Boo when I was reading that issue because it was really, really weird, but it looks like his art's improved a lot since then.
Isn't it always really wordy though? :P Makes me think I really have to continue watching the anime past ep100, I laugh so much when watching this...Nice to hear he's coming along then. I'd really like to read this one shot. It fits my generic tastes to a 'T'.That and Gintama is far too wordy to translate this week.
This chapter has more text than pictures is my point. It is always wordy (ridiculously so), but this week is really bad.Isn't it always really wordy though? :P Makes me think I really have to continue watching the anime past ep100, I laugh so much when watching this...
Just finished reading it (Peach Pluck, not Gintama obviously), I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't read Elec Trick yet so I don't know if that was better or worse than this, but if the author keeps getting better, I think he might have an actual chance at serialization soon. This oneshot would be pretty good as a series, too. Just needs a bit more work on the black and white art in my opinion, this is one of the only artists I've seen where I actually like the color better.Nice to hear he's coming along then. I'd really like to read this one shot. It fits my generic tastes to a 'T'.That and Gintama is far too wordy to translate this week.
Oh that's good. I can't seem to find it anywhere to read it myself, but I'm sure public raws will be out sometime soonish. I feel like reading mangaJust finished reading it (Peach Pluck, not Gintama obviously), I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't read Elec Trick yet so I don't know if that was better or worse than this, but if the author keeps getting better, I think he might have an actual chance at serialization soon. This oneshot would be pretty good as a series, too. Just needs a bit more work on the black and white art in my opinion, this is one of the only artists I've seen where I actually like the color better.
Public raws are actually out insanely early this week, that's where I got them. Just google "peach pluck" and it'll be on the first page of results.Oh that's good. I can't seem to find it anywhere to read it myself, but I'm sure public raws will be out sometime soonish. I feel like reading mangawhile avoiding Gintama as long as I can,and this has caught my eye.
Wow, that was fast. Gintama must be really really bad this week.http://mangahelpers.com/t/bomberdrufi/releases/39594
Probably wouldn't translate the series if it ever becomes serialized since I don't do WSJ manga, but it is a nice little story.
It has a lot of text, but it has a running gag of characters having really long silly special attack names. So a lot of the text is repeated.
Still, text bubbles cover more than the art for most of the pages.
And I still finished it today. >_> But yeah it was pretty terrible. I tried turning it in twice and MH was like 'too much text, lol.' Then I realized it was talking about the title and not the chapter text. Still it's like Sorachi didn't feel like drawing this week and figured 'People say I'm texty anyway so....'Wow, that was fast. Gintama must be really really bad this week.
Okay, took a look at the raws and... that is a lot of text. And redraws. And text. And references. I only got the... Mario, DBZ, Street Fighter, and (I think, almost definitely wrong though) One Piece at the very end. Still, that served to remind me why I don't read the series. Gotta keep my sanity intact and all that.It has a lot of text, but it has a running gag of characters having really long silly special attack names. So a lot of the text is repeated.
Still, text bubbles cover more than the art for most of the pages.
Oh you should read the series, just not raw. It's amazing to read when it's translated and all of that jazz. The last two chapters especially actually made me crack a smile for a mere moment.Okay, took a look at the raws and... that is a lot of text. And redraws. And text. And references. I only got the... Mario, DBZ, Street Fighter, and (I think, almost definitely wrong though) One Piece at the very end. Still, that served to remind me why I don't read the series. Gotta keep my sanity intact and all that.
My backlog is like three screens worth of series names already, I've been trying to not add series if at all possible. Besides, I'm more of a story-oriented series kinda guy. I love the occasional one-off gag per chapter series, but it's gotta really do something to make me want to start reading it, and having over 450 chapters is, sadly, not that thing. Maybe when I work my way through some of my backlog and stop buying more stuff than I'll ever be able to read, though.Oh you should read the series, just not raw. It's amazing to read when it's translated and all of that jazz. The last two chapters especially actually made me crack a smile for a mere moment.
I get that. Gintama is a whale to swallow even if you're caught up. Though it does several different genres so very well that at some point you're bound to find something you enjoy. Something about the loose narrative is endearing and a little bit refreshing. More than being a series that just doesn't take itself seriously, it's a series that bends and curves without compromising it's internal integrity, which I find comedies of other types tend to do a lot. That and when it DOES do serious shounen stuff it's still quite good.My backlog is like three screens worth of series names already, I've been trying to not add series if at all possible. Besides, I'm more of a story-oriented series kinda guy. I love the occasional one-off gag per chapter series, but it's gotta really do something to make me want to start reading it, and having over 450 chapters is, sadly, not that thing. Maybe when I work my way through some of my backlog and stop buying more stuff than I'll ever be able to read, though.
Well, we're not sure about its genre; but, it is definitely going to be dark fantasy (at least).Pretty excited to see Shinohara's new one-shot as I really loved Sket Dance. Although based on the title I wonder what genre it will fall under.
Eternal Devil Point makes it sound like it might be an action one-shot.