Football 2014 FIFA World Cup - Part 1

Who will win the world cup?


  • Total voters
    23

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
wth you mean "our team", you aren't even French? Or have you moved? LOL
lmao i'm french, you didn't know?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Don't mind. They said the same about Oliver Kahn in 2002. We won by 2-0.
And he was still the best keeper in the world... Again, you won because you were lucky and one of our best players was missing.
I just want you to drop you fanboy act.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
France were sort of favored in that WC, perhaps only because the WC was in France, but that's the only reason Brazil are favored in Brazil.
favored but people didn't see them as winner, they were like france lose at quarter/semi
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
lmao i'm french, you didn't know?
well you didnt know I am portuguese so stfu scrub!! :kappa

What u doing in Africa then? GG!

I found it kind of odd how you kept referring to yourself as French, haha. TBH France has looked worse in the last two games. The match vs Germany will be really interesting in that sense. Luckily for you, you got Varane the Wall at the back. But Germany also got their new defender, Neuer Kapparoni.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And he was still the best keeper in the world... Again, you won because you were lucky and one of our best players was missing.
I just want you to drop you fanboy act.
We won the 2002 World Cup because of luck?
Seriously, you are who is fanboy here. What are you gonna say next? Algeria almost won upon Germnay because they were luck?

No one wins a World Cup because of luck. Back off.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
well you didnt know I am portuguese so stfu scrub!! :kappa

What u doing in Africa then? GG!

I found it kind of odd how you kept referring to yourself as French, haha. TBH France has looked worse in the last two games. The match vs Germany will be really interesting in that sense. Luckily for you, you got Varane the Wall at the back. But Germany also got their new defender, Neuer Kapparoni.
you're only half portuguese gtfo xD one is not allowed to travel? lol
when i started to post here i was living in canada people thought i was canadian, now i'm living in morocco people think i'm moroccan. so if i move to china tomorrow i'll become chinese here, GG logic :kappa
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
favored but people didn't see them as winner, they were like france lose at quarter/semi
It's the same thing here. Most people don't actually think Brazil will win, it's just that Brazil are favored.

I believed in France the whole way, except when Zidane was suspended, of course.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Not only Brazil suffered, but everybody (except Columbia) suffered. Not to mention we played against Chile.
It's illogical now badmouthing Brazil when you guys suffered as well. Pot calling the kettle black.
Saying a team played bad =/= badmouthing. Someone giving a reasonable explanation for why that occured isn't badmouthing. You're being way too defensive about this.

You're the only person in this thread constantly relating everything that occurs in the WC to Brazil and what people said about them. They have nothing to do with each other...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I believed in France the whole way, except when Zidane was suspended, of course.
that's the spirit :beer


Brazil won't win, if i'm not wrong they'll play france at the semi final.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
We won the 2002 World Cup because of luck?
Seriously, you are who is fanboy here. What are you gonna say next? Algeria almost won upon Germnay because they were luck?

No one wins a World Cup because of luck. Back off.
No hand ball from Hulk, a 100% penalty for Fred... Yeah sure I am the fanboy. You won the MATCH because of a mistake of the keeper. Sure Brazil had a good wc, just like us. This time your team is basically a tragedy, compared to that 2002 team though.
That is all I'm saying. And nice how you ignored the other post...
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
that's the spirit :beer


Brazil won't win, if i'm not wrong they'll play france at the semi final.
Indeed. :beer French in spirit since '97. :beer

Well, I'm hoping Colombia beat Brazil and face France in the SF. I expect we'll see the Netherlands vs Argentina in the other SF, well, unless Belgium can pick up their game somehow.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
lol i want argentina to lose tomorrow soooooo bad. A lot of people favor argentina they haven't been impressive at all so far plus that'll screw up a lot of bracket here :3c
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Badmouthing Brazil is like kicking a dead horse. :deadhorse
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Saying a team played bad =/= badmouthing. Someone giving a reasonable explanation for why that occured isn't badmouthing. You're being way too defensive about this.

You're the only person in this thread constantly relating everything that occurs in the WC to Brazil and what people said about them. They have nothing to do with each other...
It is clear the diffence of tone between them and I. All my posts about other matches I try to appreciate who is playing better, I don't criticize the other team as if they were the only one in the field. Chile was a good opponent and it just put more value in our victory. The match was two teams doing their best to earn the qualification. I just cannot accept people saying that we reached Quarter Finals because of luck. We won honestly.

I will try to be less energetic from now on.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I question Switzerland's ability to beat any team that made it out of groups, much less Argentina
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
lol i want argentina to lose tomorrow soooooo bad. A lot of people favor argentina they haven't been impressive at all so far plus that'll screw up a lot of bracket here :3c
Argentina haven't been good at all, but if France can find seven (counting the missed penalty and then the goal that was not given at the last second) major holes in Switzerland's defense, I would think Messi and co. can find two or three.

My bracket's already dead, so whatever. :)

I don't know how to call Belgium vs the US. Belgium has the better players, but the US has played more like a team.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I question Switzerland's ability to beat any team that made it out of groups, much less Argentina
well argentina also didn't impress. I think even USA could beat them
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sure the ball hitting the post in the 120' minute is so not lucky... :derp

Anyway regarding tomorrow, I think Argentina and Belgium advance. Netherlands will win this "group" though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It is clear the diffence of tone between them and I. All my posts about other matches I try to appreciate who is playing better, I don't criticize the other team as if they were the only in the field. Chile was a good opponent and it just put more value in our victory. The match was two teams doing their best to earn the qualification. I just cannot accept people saying that we reached Quarter Finals because of luck. We won honestly.

I will try to be less energetic
Every team succeeds with luck, there is nothing dishonest about such a thing, and this isn't new or unique to Brazil. The USA made it through with luck. People are allowed to have opposing opinions without being unfair in their criticism. You're Brazilian, you want to see your team succeed and win is a win at the end of the day, but how each team gets there can differ.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

well argentina also didn't impress. I think even USA could beat them
They impressed me a lot more than the Swiss.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I question Switzerland's ability to beat any team that made it out of groups, much less Argentina
Argentina was not that good either. If the matches continue like those today, Switzerland will surprise everybody and make Argentina suffer.
 
Top