Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
We put or house on the market two days ago, and had an offer yesterday. I've never been attached to this house, but it makes me a little sad to leave it. "Don't know what you've got til it's gone" sort of bullshit.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
The machine at my local train station deposits train tickets and change into the same slot. On Tuesday I paid the exact amount I needed to buy my ticket and reached for the slot after I paid. To my surprise, I discovered $2.00 that was apparently left there by someone who used the machine before me.

Of course I took it. :3c Money is money.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
The machine at my local train station deposits train tickets and change into the same slot. On Tuesday I paid the exact amount I needed to buy my ticket and reached for the slot after I paid. To my surprise, I discovered $2.00 that was apparently left there by someone who used the machine before me.

Of course I took it. :3c Money is money.
Similar things happen at the company I work too...we have a vending machine full of stuff there, and sometimes people forget that they have leftover change...it's always good to have a cheaper sandwich, cuz then you have money for juice too :3c
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I deeply hate how self-conscious and shy I have become. Like, that's one of the biggest regret I have - caring what others thought of me in middle school and as result, becoming shy and self-conscious because I didn't want to look like an idiot or something.

I confess I want to stop caring what others think of me again, and just be myself, but it's hard. Like, I'm good with people, so I really have no reason to be shy or self-conscious even with my speech impediment, but I. Can't. Help. It. But I"ve made progress.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I confess I deeply hate how self-conscious and shy I have become. Like, that's one of the biggest regret I have - caring what others thought of me in middle school and as result, becoming shy and self-conscious because I didn't want to look like an idiot or something.

I confess I want to stop caring what others think of me again, and just be myself, but it's hard. Like, I'm good with people, so I really have no reason to be shy or self-conscious even with my speech impediment, but I. Can't. Help. It. But I"ve made progress.
Being self-conscious is good though, you should keep that...
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Self-conscious may not be the word you wanted to use, more like scrutinize/question yourself?

I'm forced to take some therapy sessions currently, and it became a major topic.

  • Stop looking for faults somewhere, but yourself. Mistakes are part of every human being.
  • Envy and grudges are bad for yourself, look out for things that are good in your own life and be thanful for those.
  • Stop holding on to stuff, that anger/provoke/annoy you or keep you from progressing/advancing in your aims.
  • Stop complaining, it just creates negativity. Instead look and better yourself and your environment. The german word has the double meaning: one being burdening you/pulling you down and complaining.
  • Don't try to control everything/every situation, as every human, animal or even things have a live of their own. Little is clear cut, people you know look at things differently, life is full of suprises.
  • Evaluating, judging, criticizing has often no effect, the universe doesn't care what you think about it. Feel and enjoy the world, percieve it as it is, Pay attention o what you like, that stuff will make you happy.
  • Stop caring/regreting/overthinking so much, the past is unchangable, the present is what's important. Just try to do better next time, recognize the next chances and act, that should be what you should concentrate on.
  • Negative soliloquies can be one huge pain in the ass. They often lead to depression, destroy your confidence and force you to think about negatives. Next time your catch yourself having those, force yourself into encouraging ones.
  • Nothing is pefect, always try to better yourself instead of aiming for a perfect version immediately. Perfectionism can be a fear, that stops you from achieving your goals with indulgence, joy and inspiration.
  • The fear of consequences is often misplaced, e.g. if you overthink stuff instead of just giving your opinion, can often lead to a worse situation. Don't deny your own importance, your creativity and humaneness. Be brave and open your mouth. :)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Being self-conscious is good though, you should keep that...
how is it good?

You forgot one more thing, Schabrak:

Try to have fun in life, and don't take it so seriously. :thumbs
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I deeply hate how self-conscious and shy I have become. Like, that's one of the biggest regret I have - caring what others thought of me in middle school and as result, becoming shy and self-conscious because I didn't want to look like an idiot or something.

I confess I want to stop caring what others think of me again, and just be myself, but it's hard. Like, I'm good with people, so I really have no reason to be shy or self-conscious even with my speech impediment, but I. Can't. Help. It. But I"ve made progress.
I can relate..I'm having a hard time opening my mouth and expressing myself. I used to not care at all, I started caring because I would hurt people feelings, still does. What ever came to mind would come out my mind, or it would run on it's own. I didn't like hurting others people's feeling but it wasn't always bad, sometimes what I said wold funny but of course I focused on the negativity. The way I would speak to people came out very hard, harsh, sometimes rude. I always been this way since I was kid, I have a very strong personality, I'm tired of restraining myself, I just like to tell it like it is. I sound like a lion but lately people have been treating people like a little mouse, all because I don't talk back.
I starting shutting down, now people run over me. I am pushed around, when I know full well I can shut down those people down. Well, I'm sick of it, I'm going to talk, everyone makes mistakes, I just have to learn the art of control. I'm tired of feeling dead.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I confess that I've been drinking more than I'd like too.
I mean, it's not like an alcoholic, but 1 year and a half ago I used to drink once a week, last semester I was drinking 3 times a week, even 4 depending on the week.
And now with the world cup and no classes there was a couple of weeks that I drank 5 times. It's just... I get bored to be home alone at night and every invitation I get is to drink with some friend.
I'll try to scale it back to once a week next semester... problem is that "doing nothing" gets me bored and when I'm bored I get anxious.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I also have problems expressing myself but it comes from feeling awkward and/or embarassed. You know when things sound logical in your head and when you hear the words come from your mouth it's somehow not what it was supposed to... Yeah.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Sometimes I just want to reprogram myself. I know it's all me and I can change anything I like but it's sooo hard.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I also have problems expressing myself but it comes from feeling awkward and/or embarassed. You know when things sound logical in your head and when you hear the words come from your mouth it's somehow not what it was supposed to... Yeah.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Sometimes I just want to reprogram myself. I know it's all me and I can change anything I like but it's sooo hard.
Nothing in life comes easy, you gotta work hard for it and remember what you stand to gain when you succeed.


I confess Gary confuses me. D:
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Yeah, I know all that, but don't you ever just want to erase some things and replace them with others? xD

I confess Gary confuses me. D:
Me too.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I also have problems expressing myself but it comes from feeling awkward and/or embarassed. You know when things sound logical in your head and when you hear the words come from your mouth it's somehow not what it was supposed to... Yeah.
Something similar happens to me (it's probably a shock to absolutely no one that I am a somewhat awkward guy). Everything sounds good in my head until I say it and people think I am an asshole... Or something like that, I am not a mind reader to know what they are thinking. Luckily I have a group of close friends that are aware that I am not actually being an asshole. On the other hand, it is a pain to deal with when meeting people. People tend to think I hate people in general and crowds... Now, I am not a fan of either but I don't hate them, I just can't get over my own awkwardness to just enjoy myself which is quite distinct from hating everyone (or just not being a fan).

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

I confess Gary confuses me. D:
.... sexually?
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
People usually don't take me seriously when they don't really know me. Especially people my age and younger ones. I've been told by girls that they don't see me as a "threat" if I am close to their boyfriends, sometimes guys forget I'm actually a girl and they treat me like one of the bros. Overall, I feel looked down on. I see those eyes looking at me like I'm some kind of really weird person, when I'm actually just a tiny bit awkward. xD But really, nothing that wrong with me. Or it's about me being tall and I can't help it. I just always feel awkward. xD

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

.... sexually?
God forbid!
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah, I know all that, but don't you ever just want to erase some things and replace them with others? xD



Me too.
Most of the time, yes. I wish I wasn't shy and far more extroverted.
Something similar happens to me (it's probably a shock to absolutely no one that I am a somewhat awkward guy). Everything sounds good in my head until I say it and people think I am an asshole... Or something like that, I am not a mind reader to know what they are thinking. Luckily I have a group of close friends that are aware that I am not actually being an asshole. On the other hand, it is a pain to deal with when meeting people. People tend to think I hate people in general and crowds... Now, I am not a fan of either but I don't hate them, I just can't get over my own awkwardness to just enjoy myself which is quite distinct from hating everyone (or just not being a fan).

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------



.... sexually?
Not sexually, you creepy kick.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
God forbid!
Didnt think you'd care so much about mjs confusion :xD

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Wtf did I do...?
Dunno.... From what I gathered he said you confused him for no reason at all.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Dunno.... From what I gathered he said you confused him for no reason at all.
Yeah but then people piggybacked on it...

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

The whole friends thing. X_X
Sorry for the friendzone man...you're not my type
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You said we weren't friends, then you got butthurt when I said I spoiled friends but didn't spoil you (mainly cuz you'd think it awkward).
 
Top