One hopes the mainland doesn't think "Well, the people are all dead but the monsters haven't cut down the forests or dug out the mines. Let's send whoever we have that we've been using against the Asarakam for, like, the past centrue over to get some of dem resources".
One hopes the mainland doesn't think "Well, the people are all dead but the monsters haven't cut down the forests or dug out the mines. Let's send whoever we have that we've been using against the Asarakam for, like, the past centrue over to get some of dem resources".
And the Ghosts/warriors did not "defeat the Organization", the Organization's men just fled the island, the only one who got killed was Rimuto(A.K.A. the most sexy old man in Claymore)
So won't those ones who escaped just inform the main land that the warriors rebelled, and they need to send in an appropriate force to eradicate them.
I always assume that the Mainland warriors knew full well what the Org was doing on the island and knew what they did was for the greater good and their races survival.
Yeah I have only ever read the manga through the books. I've also been far behind, and just recently finished up vol 24 and for the first time had to go online to read more scenes. On amazon Volume 25 is also still on pre-order, won't be available until next month, then 26 is on pre-order for next March release date. The English editions by Viz Media are probably released later than the ones by Shueisha though I don't know. I think I'll save the last couple to find in a local bookstore perhaps, its a bit more satisfying actually going into a store to buy a book than getting it through amazon. Though amazon has it usually discounted slightly, and always available. I'd also like to make a special wood chest of some sort to hold them. Right now I have them in a shoe box, which happened to be the perfect size up through 20 or 21 volumes I forget exactly, but wont hold them all. Plus I'd like to make something a little nicer for the collection, perhaps out of some aromatic cedar or something. I enjoy some wood working anyhow so always love those kind of projects. Any ideas on making a holder of sorts for the volumes a bit more Claymore-ish than just a wooden box/chest? Could still go with wood but perhaps paint it black and scribe a symbol in the front in red, or perhaps a sword or something... hmmm
Yeah I have only ever read the manga through the books. I've also been far behind, and just recently finished up vol 24 and for the first time had to go online to read more scenes. On amazon Volume 25 is also still on pre-order, won't be available until next month, then 26 is on pre-order for next March release date. The English editions by Viz Media are probably released later than the ones by Shueisha though I don't know. I think I'll save the last couple to find in a local bookstore perhaps, its a bit more satisfying actually going into a store to buy a book than getting it through amazon. Though amazon has it usually discounted slightly, and always available. I'd also like to make a special wood chest of some sort to hold them. Right now I have them in a shoe box, which happened to be the perfect size up through 20 or 21 volumes I forget exactly, but wont hold them all. Plus I'd like to make something a little nicer for the collection, perhaps out of some aromatic cedar or something. I enjoy some wood working anyhow so always love those kind of projects. Any ideas on making a holder of sorts for the volumes a bit more Claymore-ish than just a wooden box/chest? Could still go with wood but perhaps paint it black and scribe a symbol in the front in red, or perhaps a sword or something... hmmm
Depending on the level of skill you posses then why not make a split case with the Twin-Goddesses and put the volumes between them?
One angel on one side and another on the other and if you put a lot of detail into this then this could be a truly beautiful piece of artwork since this whole stroy is about pure love at its core, so what better way to hold it than the Twin-Goddesses Clare and Teresa?
Any ideas on making a holder of sorts for the volumes a bit more Claymore-ish than just a wooden box/chest? Could still go with wood but perhaps paint it black and scribe a symbol in the front in red, or perhaps a sword or something... hmmm
Yeh, something like a particular Claymore symbol that you like or several Claymore symbols carved in the box were also my thoughts. Sometimes simplicity trumps over fancy.
Btw, I just took a look at the chapters numbering in the last two volumes and it seems volume 27 will unfortunately wrap up nicely with the usual up to 6 chapters (from Scene 149 to 155 or Last Scene). So little hopes for anything extra, perhaps some interviews. I was thinking of purchasing this last issue of SQ for the special occasion so I will probably pick it up soon. I remember some years ago thinking about subscribing to SQ and learning japanese along the way. Skip these years to now and Claymore's serialising has just ended and my japanese skills remained the same (nearly non-existant).
Now that the series has finished, to follow my increased post activity I did a quick search around my things to find the few Claymore merchandises I've managed to find and purchase where I live over the years. I will try to put some pics here soon.
And sorry if this is a repost, but this is my favourite MMV of Claymore or just of anything basically.
Among many things I particularly love the display of artwork in the scenery, backdrops and just the general dark but beautiful world and characters created by Yagi-sensei.
Yeah I have only ever read the manga through the books. I've also been far behind, and just recently finished up vol 24 and for the first time had to go online to read more scenes. On amazon Volume 25 is also still on pre-order, won't be available until next month, then 26 is on pre-order for next March release date. The English editions by Viz Media are probably released later than the ones by Shueisha though I don't know. I think I'll save the last couple to find in a local bookstore perhaps, its a bit more satisfying actually going into a store to buy a book than getting it through amazon. Though amazon has it usually discounted slightly, and always available. I'd also like to make a special wood chest of some sort to hold them. Right now I have them in a shoe box, which happened to be the perfect size up through 20 or 21 volumes I forget exactly, but wont hold them all. Plus I'd like to make something a little nicer for the collection, perhaps out of some aromatic cedar or something. I enjoy some wood working anyhow so always love those kind of projects. Any ideas on making a holder of sorts for the volumes a bit more Claymore-ish than just a wooden box/chest? Could still go with wood but perhaps paint it black and scribe a symbol in the front in red, or perhaps a sword or something... hmmm
a wooden box sounds nice
the Twin Godesses idea would look very good! but it requires a lot of skill to sculpt in wood and you need special tools.
But maybe you could be able to make some stylistic shapes of of angels and the claymore-sword- should be easier
or you could paint them -.-'
and combine what elements you like
Yeh, something like a particular Claymore symbol that you like or several Claymore symbols carved in the box were also my thoughts. Sometimes simplicity trumps over fancy.
Btw, I just took a look at the chapters numbering in the last two volumes and it seems volume 27 will unfortunately wrap up nicely with the usual up to 6 chapters (from Scene 149 to 155 or Last Scene). So little hopes for anything extra, perhaps some interviews. I was thinking of purchasing this last issue of SQ for the special occasion so I will probably pick it up soon. I remember some years ago thinking about subscribing to SQ and learning japanese along the way. Skip these years to now and Claymore's serialising has just ended and my japanese skills remained the same (nearly non-existant).
Now that the series has finished, to follow my increased post activity I did a quick search around my things to find the few Claymore merchandises I've managed to find and purchase where I live over the years. I will try to put some pics here soon.
And sorry if this is a repost, but this is my favourite MMV of Claymore or just of anything basically.
Among many things I particularly love the display of artwork in the scenery, backdrops and just the general dark but beautiful world and characters created by Yagi-sensei.
Cool vid! I love watching the amv's and such on youtube, some great work. I'd love to try to make a video for Claymore myself, but just don't have good video editing software yet nor the patience and expertise to put something together that’s actually good. I had a few ideas of themes though, maybe will give me something to do over the winter if I get some better software.
About the box... yeah I'll probably go with something a little less ornate than the twin goddess though that was an excellent idea. I mean the only way to do that right is good 3d texture and everything, which is a bit beyond what I can do well I think, not to mention a lot more time involved. I might do something a bit larger, like say a 'chest' of sorts, large enough for my entire memorabilia collection, not sure yet.
So, will be posting the few Claymore merchandises I managed to find here where I live, just walking in conventions and such. It's been pretty rare to find Claymore related stuff as the events I attended were invariably flooded with all sorts of things from popular series like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and so on. Some of them I didn't even open and are still on plastic. I guess I'm one of those people who gets the joy of purchasing and just the feeling of owning it is already good enough.
Also sorry in advance for the crappy quality and shadowing in some pics. It's my first time taking these sort of pics with a phone. Only along the way I started minding the shadow, positioning and illumination.
It's mainly inexpensive things you find in these conventions like key rings, pendants, magazines and stuff. I bet we can find these easily on the internet anyway.
Well, this was the first and most common Claymore figure I guess, the Clare pvc with the optional Irene arm. I found one in a convention and quickly got a hold of it. She's been living in her box and gathering dust for years now and only recently in the last few days I took the figure out of the box and put her on display in my desk. Had some cleannup to do and will be taking more care from now on.
The curious white fluffy critter in the image was the tail of one of my cats. She was curious and seemed interested in making cameos in some of the pics so please don't mind it.
Sorry for the low quality pic, this one was the first I think and I didn't mind or notice all the shadows both me and my cat were making there. Anyway, this is a nice one because of the importance of the twin Goddesses imagery in the series as we all know. The pendant in itself is not very detailed but looks good enough for the symbolic value.
Heres a better close I took later.
Another shadowy pic, this time the Claymore sword key ring. I personally have been using the same big key ring for many years now (no wonder it's been a long time since I last lost my keys) so I figured it wouldn't get out of the plastic as well. As a big Claymore fan I wouldn't let it pass anyway and like I said finding anything Claymore in these conventions is pretty rare in my experience.
Guess whose symbol is this?
No fancy art this time, and yes I did try to look for a similar one with the fancy art but couldn't find it. In the end, I knew what this was and that what matters most is the symbol itself and what it means. I think I saw Raphaella's and possibly Alicia and Beth's symbols as pendants as well. My memory is a bit murky here so don't know why I wouldn't have got them as well. Perhaps I was running out of cash.
Well, it's not everyday that you suddenly see your favorite character as cover in magazines of your local bookstore. This is a role playing magazine actually and what they had from Claymore there was a piece basically discussing role playing systems, themes and more stuff applied to RPing Claymore. Interesting read anyway.
And this is where we are at here with some of my other latest picks.
Still not up to date as Volume 26 has been released already but only two more to go. Actually three in my case, for some reason volume 6 has become some extreme rarity (I started collecting them all rather recently and had to pay more on some rare volumes here at this point), and I quite naively at this late point still tried going to the depths of this earth (not really, but yeah) in order to find a brand new one selling. Still searching, though it probably will have to be second-handed and overpriced.
Berserk is thankfully getting a new edition here, so I will be able to collect it from now on which also gives me hope of Claymore getting one as well if I don't manage to get the cursed volume 6.
Gosh, hopefully this wasn't awkward or too embarassing. Despite the low quality, the resolution of the pics is quite big, so hopefully the forum will be able to auto-thumbnail them.
Cool stuff Fate_Archer! I thought I was aware of most all Claymore merchandise but the twin goddess necklace and Clare symbol ones are unknown to me. I do have the Clare symbol keyring but its quite different, and I see the twin goddess keyring is for sale on amazon but again it is slightly different (besides just the keyring vs chain difference). And that's a neat find on the magazine featuring Galetea! No worries on the pic size, at least for me it auto re-sizes them. Just one note - the Claymore figure in your first pic appears to be the knock-off version... they had the red letters on the base, and usually the paint wasn't quite as good (especially the eyes) but otherwise they are still very nice figures! I was going to start a new thread on the subject, let me see what pics I have handy...
Just one note - the Claymore figure in your first pic appears to be the knock-off version... they had the red letters on the base, and usually the paint wasn't quite as good (especially the eyes) but otherwise they are still very nice figures! I was going to start a new thread on the subject, let me see what pics I have handy...
Oh yeah I think that's the case aswell. When one friend of mine who collects figurines went to my place and had a look on it and the box he noticed that it did seem that way. I'm not a big understander of anime figurines but wouldn't mind much either. Looks pretty enough to me and it didn't seem particularly overpriced. Then again, I don't have much experience with figurines.
Yeah, this series is amazing and Thorfin is my hero. Gotta be careful with discussions of this series as it's based on factual history and real characters so spoilers abound. Thankfully I've managed to stay away from them and wiki pages haha.
Yeah, this series is amazing and Thorfin is my hero. Gotta be careful with discussions of this series as it's based on factual history and real characters so spoilers abound. Thankfully I've managed to stay away from them and wiki pages haha.
Yeah, but it's all been fictionalised so the point is the story the author builds around real events rather than the events themselves. Also, he could easily end up taking liberties with facts so what happens in the story and what happened in life might differ rather a lot.
I love the way that the series has the feel of something set at the end of days even though we know that their era had a future after all. It really brought home to me how strange it must have been to live amidst the ruins of the Roman Empire; to know that there must have once been people with skills and knowledge now lost forever and the world sunk to barbarism. I know that the barbarians eventually built a civilisation that far surpassed that of the Romans technologically at least but Vinland Saga does a great job of making you forget that.
Also THORFINN!
He wasn't very interesting until after Askeladd died but now he's, like, this amazing enlightened being. I love characters like that. The question of what happens to you after you've lost your single, obsessive reason to live is such a good one, it's nice to see an author exploring it so well.
Another shadowy pic, this time the Claymore sword key ring. I personally have been using the same big key ring for many years now (no wonder it's been a long time since I last lost my keys) so I figured it wouldn't get out of the plastic as well. As a big Claymore fan I wouldn't let it pass anyway and like I said finding anything Claymore in these conventions is pretty rare in my experience.
Lovely collection, especially the sword key ring (I'm a big fan of these!) But yeah as you've said, somehow Claymore isn't very prominent in conventions where I live too, so it's very difficult to get my hands on the merchandise I want (I don't tend to buy things online,) not to mention Claymore has finally ended and I suppose the search would only get harder from now on.
So, will be posting the few Claymore merchandises I managed to find here where I live, just walking in conventions and such. It's been pretty rare to find Claymore related stuff as the events I attended were invariably flooded with all sorts of things from popular series like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and so on. Some of them I didn't even open and are still on plastic. I guess I'm one of those people who gets the joy of purchasing and just the feeling of owning it is already good enough.
Also sorry in advance for the crappy quality and shadowing in some pics. It's my first time taking these sort of pics with a phone. Only along the way I started minding the shadow, positioning and illumination.
It's mainly inexpensive things you find in these conventions like key rings, pendants, magazines and stuff. I bet we can find these easily on the internet anyway.
Well, this was the first and most common Claymore figure I guess, the Clare pvc with the optional Irene arm. I found one in a convention and quickly got a hold of it. She's been living in her box and gathering dust for years now and only recently in the last few days I took the figure out of the box and put her on display in my desk. Had some cleannup to do and will be taking more care from now on.
The curious white fluffy critter in the image was the tail of one of my cats. She was curious and seemed interested in making cameos in some of the pics so please don't mind it.
Sorry for the low quality pic, this one was the first I think and I didn't mind or notice all the shadows both me and my cat were making there. Anyway, this is a nice one because of the importance of the twin Goddesses imagery in the series as we all know. The pendant in itself is not very detailed but looks good enough for the symbolic value.
Heres a better close I took later.
Another shadowy pic, this time the Claymore sword key ring. I personally have been using the same big key ring for many years now (no wonder it's been a long time since I last lost my keys) so I figured it wouldn't get out of the plastic as well. As a big Claymore fan I wouldn't let it pass anyway and like I said finding anything Claymore in these conventions is pretty rare in my experience.
Guess whose symbol is this?
No fancy art this time, and yes I did try to look for a similar one with the fancy art but couldn't find it. In the end, I knew what this was and that what matters most is the symbol itself and what it means. I think I saw Raphaella's and possibly Alicia and Beth's symbols as pendants as well. My memory is a bit murky here so don't know why I wouldn't have got them as well. Perhaps I was running out of cash.
Well, it's not everyday that you suddenly see your favorite character as cover in magazines of your local bookstore. This is a role playing magazine actually and what they had from Claymore there was a piece basically discussing role playing systems, themes and more stuff applied to RPing Claymore. Interesting read anyway.
And this is where we are at here with some of my other latest picks.
Still not up to date as Volume 26 has been released already but only two more to go. Actually three in my case, for some reason volume 6 has become some extreme rarity (I started collecting them all rather recently and had to pay more on some rare volumes here at this point), and I quite naively at this late point still tried going to the depths of this earth (not really, but yeah) in order to find a brand new one selling. Still searching, though it probably will have to be second-handed and overpriced.
Berserk is thankfully getting a new edition here, so I will be able to collect it from now on which also gives me hope of Claymore getting one as well if I don't manage to get the cursed volume 6.
Gosh, hopefully this wasn't awkward or too embarassing. Despite the low quality, the resolution of the pics is quite big, so hopefully the forum will be able to auto-thumbnail them.