TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

The end is upon us and I never got to make another Claymore sig. :pout my current sig I made back on my days with animeforum.com and it took me a long time... I'm not so great with advanced photoshop stuff I had to look up all sorts of tutorials when I made it lol (how to use layers and transparency for example).

One thing I somewhat recently did was make a new desktop though. Didn’t get very fancy since my desktop normally has windows on it of course, but just dropped my heavily edited Clare render onto a sunset I took from the front yard. I've taken a bazillion sunset pics but thought this one complimented Clare for some reason, no dazzling bright colors just a nice glow that fades to deep and dark, and the colors kind of match her flesh tone down low on the legs, and the dark sky at the top that matches her outfit. Well at least on my screen, your colors may vary. I tried doing all sorts of things and dressing it up, borders, etc., but in the end I preferred just the plain sunset pic with the render. Simple. Someday I'll master all the fancy graphics and do something really nice!

 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

After this chapter the only thing to wait for is volume 27. New anime is unlikely unfortunately.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

After this chapter the only thing to wait for is volume 27. New anime is unlikely unfortunately.
It was animated by Madhouse right? They will adapt the old Parasyte this fall, I'd say there is still hope for a new anime, even though it's small.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

For a moment I read that as "Godscilla" :derp
 

Detox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
39
Reaction score
20
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well, it's weird ,it's finally over. The ending handling was good IMO. Now , let's hope Yagi makes some one shots or panels or even just redacts something about Claymore on the future like other mangakas have done after their works were finished. I loved this series, I'll definitely miss it. But I'm happy I finally got to see the end.
 

TacoCat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I refuse to let Claymore die! Not just yet! It's time to binge on Claymore fanfiction (finally got the courage to try it). Since my favorite part of the manga is Clare and Raki's psuedo-romance, which has been left to open thought (I still feel weird about the promise of chastity, yet, somehow, he managed to only tell Clare thank you and stuff about gratitude. With his honest feelings.).

So I'm trying to wrap my brain around it. I'm a sucker for romance. Was he giving us hints that these two had indeed finally found their lives? I believe so, the look on Clare's face and her acceptance of him certainly seemed to point that out.

Still, she says, "all of us" and they've barely even contacted each other. It points to that as well in the final panels where it's just him and Clare again, nostalgically. However, she was straight ignoring him, lol. Maybe they'll live with Irene in the middle of nowhere from now on, or keep walking. Though I'm certain that they are together once more, this time inseparable. Could've given us one last heart melting display of affection (don't tell me their kiss and embrace, even their little panics over one another, or Clare's "chastity" -calm down Casanova- didn't make you feel all butterfly-ie. Though we don't have a huge grasp on what Teresa was saying.)

So the general consensus is that the romance is fulfilled, and they do love each other? Which would be great, so I can stop trying to rip my heart out. Just one last display of affection from both parties would be gr8. Imagination~~~ take me away.
 

Nanozom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
449
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I refuse to let Claymore die! Not just yet! It's time to binge on Claymore fanfiction (finally got the courage to try it). Since my favorite part of the manga is Clare and Raki's psuedo-romance, which has been left to open thought (I still feel weird about the promise of chastity, yet, somehow, he managed to only tell Clare thank you and stuff about gratitude. With his honest feelings.).
.
Speaking of fanfiction, perhaps you would be interested in a story I´m working on within that genre?
Unless you have already found it that is...
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I think Teresa was just winding Raki up because he's the only (living) person who's got an emotional hold on Clare that's comparable in magnitude to hers. Also, like, he can't be a threat to her chasity if she's not into him so if anything it's strong evidence that they do end up romantically involved with each other.

None of the scenes in that last chapter would really have lent themselves to something more intimate: the post-Teresa scene was a necessary detente and all of Clare's friends were there anyway (having a moment is difficult with an audience), the subsequent confrontation with Rubel and montage-ish middle period filled us in on what happened to everybody else, and in that scene at the end she's talking to him up until the moment they meet Irene. Yeah, sure, they're walking a ways apart but I think that's because they're climbing a hill (think of what it's like having a conversation while walking up an incline). That scene, though, is direct evidence that they've started taking very long trips around the country just the two of them.

I totally agree, a scene of the two of them cuddling by the fire or something would have been super-cute, but it wouldn't really have told us anything we don't already know. We know Raki is into Clare, that's been obvious since chapter one, and she kissed him back in the Ophelia arc and, well, like I said before Teresa said he's a threat to her chasity ;-) They're a couple, that's canon, and if Yagi didn't have time to work that in to an already rather crowded chapter than oh well, I guess it's time to use our imaginations.
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Here's my tattoo btw, was my first at that time, now I got a lot more, :D Guess the only other mangarelated tattoos, I would made are Akira and Gunnm, but I'll wait with that as I got other projects coming up. :D
I was going to respond to you and ask if you could post the pic directly or link it, since it seems many of us can no longer open up the 'spoilers'. But When I quoted you it shows the url in the reply box so I just checked it out. Awesome! I'd like your post but that feature isnt working for me either. :fail so instead I'll just give you a :super I take it thats a real permanent one? I don't think I could do a permanent tattoo. But just would like something during my event to somehow show off Claymore. I'd do a shirt but they don't make any I can run in (only seen them in cotton). I've contacted a few places about making custom shirt but no place yet will allow making something with trademarked/copyrighted whatever images. Its getting to late now anyhow.

BTW if anyone else has problems seeing it just go to https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/714x953q90/661/ocKetZ.jpg
 

claremore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
76
Reaction score
48
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

https://www2.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/jumpsq/cross_square2nd/form.cgi
What is this cross square, anyone know?
What it seems to say ... Yagi sensei's entrance "clear the super difficult questions of yagi sensei" the deadline for whatever this is (test?) is Oct. 15. I'd enter but an access key is needed..
 
Last edited:

Caligostjerne

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
114
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
Denmark
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I was going to respond to you and ask if you could post the pic directly or link it, since it seems many of us can no longer open up the 'spoilers'. But When I quoted you it shows the url in the reply box so I just checked it out. Awesome! I'd like your post but that feature isnt working for me either. :fail so instead I'll just give you a :super I take it thats a real permanent one? I don't think I could do a permanent tattoo. But just would like something during my event to somehow show off Claymore. I'd do a shirt but they don't make any I can run in (only seen them in cotton). I've contacted a few places about making custom shirt but no place yet will allow making something with trademarked/copyrighted whatever images. Its getting to late now anyhow.

BTW if anyone else has problems seeing it just go to https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/714x953q90/661/ocKetZ.jpg

I wonder if he had to pay for the copyright to get his tattoo done
 

Fate_Archer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
90
Reaction score
120
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

https://www2.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/jumpsq/cross_square2nd/form.cgi
What is this cross square, anyone know?
What it seems to say ... Yagi sensei's entrance "clear the super difficult questions of yagi sensei" the deadline for whatever this is (test?) is Oct. 15. I'd enter but an access key is needed..
I'm curious about this as well. My guess would be some announcement for assistants, but if it is some kind of fan quiz by the author I would love taking "the super difficult questions of yagi sensei", specially if it is about Claymore.

Could anyone able take a quick look?
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well, the katakana on the pink button contains the phrase 'kuizu' so maybe Fate_Archer is right! Either way it's gonna be in Japanese so while that's super cool and all I now feel like a second-class fan T_T Mind you, the fact that I've read the whole thing illegally and never generated Shuesha a cent of income probably justifies that :P

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Hey! I don't know how this would work, quite, but let's have our OWN quiz! Who else thinks that would be fun? I'll admin again like I did with the beauty contest!

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Okay! I've been a-doing my research and I think I know what a quiz night might hypothetically look like: we have two options.

1. Do it live. I like this A LOT better but it would also be more technically challenging. Basically, what would happen is everybody who wants to participate tells me and we set up a live hangout at a time that works for all of us (not an easy thing, I know). Participants would join the hangout and we'd use the chat window to post questions and collect responses. The hangout is live streamed to anyone who can be bothered watching but only participants can post.

2. Do it in a thread. Would be very similar to the above only it would be thread-based and kind of similar to the contest. First person to post correct answer would win. This could be either MH only or Google forms based.

I swear I'm not a Google fan, they just make really useful products.
 
Last edited:

Fate_Archer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
90
Reaction score
120
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Yeah a community quiz is a great idea and I would be happy to be part of it. Personally I would be okay with any of these two options, although I guess we would have to see how the environment for the first would be like.

I'm also curious to hear what other people think and prefer about any of these options.
 

Leroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
199
Reaction score
187
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

You know, Rubel shouldn't be aware that Priscilla was killed. So the report he is going to give his superiors might be "There's a super invincible monster on that island, don't go there guys".
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

You know, Rubel shouldn't be aware that Priscilla was killed. So the report he is going to give his superiors might be "There's a super invincible monster on that island, don't go there guys".
I think otherwise. It's not solid evidence that I have, but he does hint he likely knows the outcome.

1) Though the time frame isn't clear, I do suppose the talks and battle with Pris would have gone on for a while, long enough that Rubel seems to have left the area completely (on horse) and his surroundings are notably different (open fields vs cliff face.) For the twins to contact him after all this time would suggest they have at least lived through the immediate destruction Pris has brought upon the warriors. (Remember how Rubel runs away cursing Priscilla in the first place, fearing for his life as if he assumes Pris is definitely going to eradicate everything right after Daae dies.) The appearance of the twins at that instance may suggest otherwise to him.

2) The twins' wording: Report (i.e. Lie) that everything is destroyed and nothing is left. This makes more sense if they were to have survived Priscilla, and genuinely wanted to avoid further conflict. I would like to think that wouldn't their top concern should Priscilla be alive still.

3) Rubel's final statement about the Claymore, calling them the strongest blades. Not Priscilla, not awakened beings.


But the latter half of your post could be a valid guess. Though ultimately I suppose it depends on what the mindset of his superiors are in (eg. Going overboard with my imagination, there could be a chance his superiors would like to obtain Priscilla's power. In that case, Rubel would have to come up with a different excuse if he were to 'side' with the Claymore in this.)
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I am curious how would you Rank the Ghosts in terms of power level
 
Top