Shounen Haikyuu!! by FURUDATE Haruichi

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yams float serve was great this chapter. Though I was more enjoying that Tanaka Tsukki moment lol.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The last few chapters were amazing, so happy for Yamaguchi to finally get the results for all his training :wtf This manga really manages to make you care for each character, so that makes the impact even bigger.

Still not sure if they're going to win this set, I expect they will come up with a counter-attack next time. In any case though, Yamaguchi can be proud of his skills, there's no need to be afraid or to feel guilty anymore.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chapter 132

Aobajousai's attacks were predictable until now, like Karasuno said, they are not working like a clockwork and it is new. The rhythm of their attacks changed and Karasuno has to get used to it as fast as they can. In a match of such level, take too long to get used to what your opponent is doing might be fatal. Another thing is that now Aobajousai has a decoy as well. Karasuno is tasting its own poison. XD

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Chapter 133

Karasuno is bit by bit gettting used to Aobajousai now way of playing, but they still have problems, principally because Aobajousai is really using all they've got, I never saw a match where all Karasuno movements were foreseen like that, Oikawa is reallt doing a good job using that #16 guy and all other players to deceive Karasuno. While Aobojousai is playing a completely new way, Karasuno is doing the same things over and over again and even new things start to be predictable when you have someone like Oikawa in the other side, Hinata back attack didn't work because of this. They have to change the flow of the game and put two setters in the court is the way Ukai encountered to make this change. Let's see how Sugawara and Kageyama are going to work together.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Chapter 134

It was an intelligent move put Sugawara to restrain #16 guy movements, now Aobajousai cannot use its secret weapon to put Karasuno in disarray. Additionally, two-setters settelment givem them 5 attackers and a new way to put Aobajousai in check. Now the match is going to its climax!
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chapter 135

Karasunon is having a tough time... Kyotani has a undescribable power, it hard defend against him and now that he is fired up, he is missing less. Now that Karasuno is so concious about him, he can also serve as a decoy anytime soon, complicating the life of Karasuno even more. Let's see what's Yamaguchi role in this to turn the tides... Now he is not scared anymore by what I can see, he is full of determination and it makes difference. Karasuno FIGHT!

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Chapter 136

A fearless determination is what is needed in these moment. Good Job Yamaguchi! I hope he doesn't screw up everything in the next chapter! XD

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Chapter 137

THIS IS WHAT MEANS BEING A PINCH SERVER! :zomg
Yamaduchi broke Aobajousai rhythm with his serves, he turned the tides with just serves. The way they told the history of the serve was awesome, it is what serves are currently in the volleyball, an ultimate attack that can turn the flow of the game completely.
Read a manga that respects the sport that much really makes me happy. These chapters makes Haikyuu climb my ranking and reach the top of it.

---------- Post added December 31, 2014 at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was December 28, 2014 at 02:23 PM ----------

Chapter 138

Yamaguchi is the hero of this game, if Karasuno wins in the end, they will have to pay a barbecue for him. :p
After many lost match points, it is time to Oikawa serve. Aobajousai kept calm all this time while they were seeing their advantage going to space and Karasuno has to stay calm as well, they are not like before, they can handle Oikawa serve. Let's win this game Karasuno!

---------- Post added January 04, 2015 at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was December 31, 2014 at 09:15 PM ----------

Chapter 139

Seijou will not lose that easily huh... :p
Oikawa serves did its job, but their perseverance was what made difference in the end, they are calm despite the situation and they went after the result, it is a signal of a very experienced team. Now, we're going to the last set, not only the last set of the match, but the last set of the 3rd year players... With this environment of departure, this set promises to be the best of the entire series, I'm looking foward to the best plays, the best they've done so far.
They made good rivals for each other, always giving tough matches for each other... While Karasuno had Nekoma as a rival from the past, now it also has Aobajousai as a bran new rival, I'm sure this rivalry will continue throughout the series. Of course, Nekoma cannot be forgotten, the more rivals, the merrier. XD
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
141

This match be all too intense, but I laughed at Mad Dog Chan and Oikawa, I dont want Aoba josai to lose.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chapter 140 to 143

I'm seeing a match between two team with high level volleyball, point by point! Everybody is at its maximum of ability and it makes the match unpredictable. Hinata, particularly, susprised me a lot with his range of techniques, which was impossible to glimpse 20 or so chapters ago. The development of Karasuno was incredible, but Aobajousai is not behind, Oikawa continues being the man of the serves and that #16 is a beast. I don't know who is gonna win, but it will be awesome whatever the result.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I'm stunned that this manga is so popular here. I'm searching for a new manga sport after Kuroko no Basket (and eyeshield 21 before that) but this one won't do it. Usually, the team in a sport manga is a complete underdog with raw hidden talent but here, talent is not hidden, you got a gathering of beasts from the start. It's a weird choice. Not even 10 chapters in and everyone looking at the duo is saying "MONSTERSSSSS" ...

I don't really like the art and volley-ball is a sport I dislike (normally, I can go past that if the manga is good enough like boxing in haijime no ippo). Storytelling is lacking a certain flow as well (flashbacks coming out of nowhere in early chapters).

So i'll pass for this one. Again I'm really stunned by how popular it is.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm stunned that this manga is so popular here. I'm searching for a new manga sport after Kuroko no Basket (and eyeshield 21 before that) but this one won't do it. Usually, the team in a sport manga is a complete underdog with raw hidden talent but here, talent is not hidden, you got a gathering of beasts from the start. It's a weird choice. Not even 10 chapters in and everyone looking at the duo is saying "MONSTERSSSSS" ...

I don't really like the art and volley-ball is a sport I dislike (normally, I can go past that if the manga is good enough like boxing in haijime no ippo). Storytelling is lacking a certain flow as well (flashbacks coming out of nowhere in early chapters).

So i'll pass for this one. Again I'm really stunned by how popular it is.
In the bold part, you are talking about the characters of the manga (nobody said sucha thing I'm sure) you are saying your opinion? Given that you dislike volleyball, it is easy to reach the conclusion that they are monsters since you don't know anything about volleybal at all. With 10 chapters only Kageyama played well because he already played before and even him just had potential at that point. Hinata barely knew how to pick a ball and make a spike. Just because they can make a attack that high schoolers find incredible, they are the best players of the world.

If you come here to badmouth the manga when you don't know anything about the sport. Don't come. It is better that way.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
In the bold part, you are talking about the characters of the manga (nobody said sucha thing I'm sure) you are saying your opinion? Given that you dislike volleyball, it is easy to reach the conclusion that they are monsters since you don't know anything about volleybal at all. With 10 chapters only Kageyama played well because he already played before and even him just had potential at that point. Hinata barely knew how to pick a ball and make a spike. Just because they can make a attack that high schoolers find incredible, they are the best players of the world.

If you come here to badmouth the manga when you don't know anything about the sport. Don't come. It is better that way.
So, basically, I can't give my opinion if it's negative ? Just Relax ... I don't intend to keep going here so I won't annoy you much more :).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So, basically, I can't give my opinion if it's negative ? Just Relax ... I don't intend to keep going here so I won't annoy you much more :).
Without knowing what you are talking about? No, preferably.

---------- Post added February 13, 2015 at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was February 08, 2015 at 08:54 PM ----------

Chapter 144

The match is in its climax right now! Really, it is incredible how Karasuno developed in these past months... The use of techinique is splendid and they are finally play in pair with Aobajousai. They are even receiving Oikawa's serve right now after so many experience brought by its training camp of that other awesome guys. Well, now it is the final play... What is Ukai intention putting Sugawara in the serve right now... I don't remember of any remarkable serving ability coming from Sugawara. :hmm
Well, you never know... Sometimes, the simplest serve with a bit of experience can be the best serve ever, so...
 
Last edited:

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I don't remember of any remarkable serving ability coming from Sugawara. :hmm
Well, you never know... Sometimes, the simplest serve with a bit of experience can be the best serve ever, so...
Sugawara has good control of his serves, he his good in choosing the force he puts in his serves and the direction. In this game he targeted Mad Dog the last time he served, he will try to do the same I hope.

Chapter 145 was AMAZING! Seeing Hinata making a great block and scoring with it. Seeing Suga making what Kindaichi normally does, targeting the guy right next to the setter when he is returning to his position. Seein Suga again, receiving that spike! And last but not least, Kageyama in the synchronized attack doing a dump shot and putting Karasune with the set pet! You need be have Iron balls to be able to take that decision! Props Kageyama!

Amazing chapter.
Now the question is, will the game end next chapter, or will they continue the Deuce for a long time?
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I'm totally fangasming! This shit is amazing!
Tanaka is the BOSS!!! XD
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chapter 145

Sugawara serve was in fact very good and full of tricks, they ball dropping out of the blue and making the ace of Aobajousai work, it was a great addition in the late game, but I think that Kageyama was even more awesome. This is volleyball for you, when you know how to play it properly, the opponent won't know what you are up to. In that moment, nobody would have thought that he should use such a thing and with this he gave the match point for Karasuno. I also had no idea that he would do that and I think it made everything more awesome. Anyway, now is the time for the last play... Let's win this game Karasuno! :zomg

---------- Post added February 26, 2015 at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was February 19, 2015 at 01:58 PM ----------
Chapter 146

It was Oikawa's chapter, he really surprised me with that pass... He didn't have the talent that Kageyama, but he horned his abilities until the max. Experience and willpower really counter in that play. Now is the time, finally the last play, unless they make a rally after this, but I hope not. My heart will not support such emotion for any longer. :fan
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They wasted no time in doing the newest chapter. Figured it would happen.
weeping hard for the losing team.
 

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
716
Reaction score
622
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Yup, just read 147.

OMG KARRASUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

This was an amazing match. Was a bit long (freaking 18(?) chapters) but was worth it.

Yamaguchi is the hero of the match, I say.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Holy shit, it was incredible! It was a long match, but every chapter was worth reading... It is impressive how Karasuno grew before, during and after the match.
And it was not the final of the tournament. I can't imagine what the author is saving for the next matches. :XD

---------- Post added March 14, 2015 at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2015 at 05:14 PM ----------

Chapter 148

Finally the final! It will be more 20 chapters of match. :fan
Shiratorizawa Vs. Karasuno... Differently from Aobajousai, we never saw Shiratorizawa playing, but we know that they are the best, at least in theory... IIRC Shiratorizawa won upon Aobajousai quite easy in the past, so Karasuno will have problems to defeat them given that thet struggled a lot to win upon Aobajousai. However, this is volleyball, everything is possible! Each game is game.

---------- Post added March 19, 2015 at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was March 14, 2015 at 05:26 PM ----------

Chapter 149

The flashback was touching and all, but the last page was the most important part of the chapter... The way Ukai said, it looks like that Shiratorizawa has flaws... I don't know what he meant... Next chapter we will know...
 
Top