Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
So, toriko will be on break next issue. Instead we will get three chapters of Black Clover.
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's interesting. With their modified cover, you can actually see more of the artwork because there's less overlap.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BLack Clover is totally a BLast. Im glad to have it back. All the characters are excellent and Asta fits perfectly with them. I love his character type in manga. I love the people he's surrounded by. I love his battle instincts and sword. Ah and his headband. Really perfect character design all around. Viz chose well. chp4 was once again another phenomenal chapter.

Must be doing well if VIZ is even getting all into it
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Asta is the worst thing of the manga...
 

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
Reading the viz jump right now...
Gakkyu Hotei ch.17 title : The beginning of the end :lmao :lmao
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Then I'll rephrase. The story does not strike me as one that has any particular qualities that stand out from other shounen manga or anime adaptations. It seems like --to borrow a phrase from you, a "By the numbers" story that glides along from each shounen trope like one goes from aisles in a grocery store with a shopping list. In fact, I really think the animation is really the only thing that stands out with this anime from a standpoint of "Why should I watch this instead of something else?" There's generic, and then there's generic done right . I'll hang in there a little longer to see which Seraph is, but as of right now it's just another tepid shounen anime, IMO.
Exactly what I think of Seraph of the End, I enjoy it but it's very generic shonen.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Does anyone know if the author of the oneshot, Out Gear Fullcolor in the latest issue of Jump NEXT was an assistant to Hiro Mashima? The art is very similar to Fairy Tail. The author of the oneshot is Bobby Oosawa.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Does anyone know if the author of the oneshot, Out Gear Fullcolor in the latest issue of Jump NEXT was an assistant to Hiro Mashima? The art is very similar to Fairy Tail. The author of the oneshot is Bobby Oosawa.
Yes he is. He is/was even the chief assistant for fairy Tail
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Yes he is. He is/was even the chief assistant for fairy Tail
I don't remember other no-Miki Mashima's assistant who has a decent run (the guy of Spray king(still making manga of return to become the mashiro assistan) ,Ueda yui (still in magazine special?) and nothing more) , it has more decent?
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the author of the oneshot, Out Gear Fullcolor in the latest issue of Jump NEXT was an assistant to Hiro Mashima? The art is very similar to Fairy Tail. The author of the oneshot is Bobby Oosawa.
What was the oneshot about? Mashima's art has a certain charm to it, like how he draws with huge heads. :)
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Leoat, could you please post the daily rankings.

i'm really interested to se how Soma is doing.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Leoat, could you please post the daily rankings.

i'm really interested to se how Soma is doing.
The list is pretty big and is in Japanese.

About Soma last day reported:

4/5/2015
4 9784088803319 食戟のソーマ 12 集英社 附田祐斗 2015/4/3
61 9784088803180 食戟のソーマ 11 集英社 附田祐斗 2015/3/4
145 9784088707211 食戟のソーマ 1 集英社 佐伯俊 2013/4/4
146 9784088707624 食戟のソーマ 2 集英社 佐伯俊 2013/6/4
170 9784088707877 食戟のソーマ 3 集英社 佐伯俊 2013/8/2
180 9784088708225 食戟のソーマ 4 集英社 佐伯俊 2013/9/4
200 9784088708553 食戟のソーマ 5 集英社 佐伯俊 2013/12/4
205 9784088802121 食戟のソーマ 10 集英社 附田祐斗 2014/11/4
206 9784088800073 食戟のソーマ 6 集英社 佐伯俊 2014/2/4
219 9784088801766 食戟のソーマ 9 集英社 附田祐斗 2014/9/4
221 9784088801384 食戟のソーマ 8 集英社 附田祐斗 2014/7/4
223 9784088800448 食戟のソーマ 7 集英社 佐伯俊 2014/4/4


The fact that all the volumes appeared in the list means that it has a boost already, though if it keeps like this it will not be seen in Oricon that only records the top 50.
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There was a bit off with Grand Ultimate Move. Shiibashi can do it, but he needs a lot of work with his editor to get that serialized. Cyborg Roggy's art has gotten less dynamic as the series has progressed. Pretty static panelling when I thought paneling design and pacing was a strength for Yuu Miki early on.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Reading the viz jump right now...
Gakkyu Hotei ch.17 title : The beginning of the end :lmao :lmao
Very suggestive. :lmao
Well, I hope that Obata joins with Ohba once again to make another masterpiece...
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
And there are people who keep saying that the writer of GH is Ohba (disguised).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And there are people who keep saying that the writer of GH is Ohba (disguised).
NEVER.SAY.SUCH.THING

Ohba would never be so amateur, unless he is acting pretty well. :oh
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I think Soma won't get an anime boost until after ep 3 of the anime (because that should be the one where they adapt ch4 of the manga), I mean, the editor once mentioned that chapters 4 and 20 of the manga were like huge turning points in the series from a editorial point of view, so yeah, I think we can expect the big boost to happen around then

As for Ohba writing Gakyuu Houtei, that's utterly false, I mean, I read the original two-shot (actually drawn by the writer) and that definitely wasn't even close to Ohba's art

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Some info from the next issue
9 :39 ◆7zq1d2q4b2Is @転載は禁止:2015/04/07(火) 12:12:49.61 ID:Q4mXs3NV0
とりま、つぎ表紙&巻頭ニセコイきました
あとセンターCカガミガミきた
順位ほかまた夜な
Issue 21
Cover/Lead CP: Nisekoi
Center color: Kagamigami
 

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I think Soma will get a big boost next week when Erina shows up :3c
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What happened in chapter 4 again? I shall take a look later... :hmm
Erina appearance is also a good bet. :p

Issue 21
Cover/Lead CP: Nisekoi
Center color: Kagamigami
It was expected, but I'm happy even so. :D

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Firsts pages of the chapter 4 I already understood what Eru13 was talking about. That chapter is very important indeed, and epic in so many ways... :lmao

However, although the previous chapters were plain awesome, the moment when I really realized that I was reading something awesome as hell was when I saw this page.
Nikumi can be a comic relief now, which is a pity, but at that time, she was an awesome character with an incredible presence.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top