I agree with HxH being the best shonen arround.
I do not see anything which comes close, honestly (and i can elaborate that in a very long post if someone asks me to).
Also, I wouldn't call togashi lazy.
He has other priorities than his manga, that is a different thing.
He obviously puts family and private life (which includes his health) above HxH, which is perfectly understandable in my opinion.
HxH seems like being a hobby to him which he certainly loves but only exacts when he feels like it.
That is something which makes fans sad, but it is also perfectly acceptable to me.
Togashi never failed to deliver in any arc of HxH (unlike than in his first project, YYH and unlike any shonen artist i know (including Oda).
I do not think he would be able to do that without the Hiatus.
HxH would degrade in quality the moment he does not have absolute freedom with what he does.
And for some people absolute freedom means that they only work on something once every 2 years.
In my opinion, the only reason he is still working on HxH is because he loves it, he does not care about how many people buy it too much.
His wife is rich, he is rich, he jus does not need to worry.
I do not see anything which comes close, honestly (and i can elaborate that in a very long post if someone asks me to).
Also, I wouldn't call togashi lazy.
He has other priorities than his manga, that is a different thing.
He obviously puts family and private life (which includes his health) above HxH, which is perfectly understandable in my opinion.
HxH seems like being a hobby to him which he certainly loves but only exacts when he feels like it.
That is something which makes fans sad, but it is also perfectly acceptable to me.
Togashi never failed to deliver in any arc of HxH (unlike than in his first project, YYH and unlike any shonen artist i know (including Oda).
I do not think he would be able to do that without the Hiatus.
HxH would degrade in quality the moment he does not have absolute freedom with what he does.
And for some people absolute freedom means that they only work on something once every 2 years.
In my opinion, the only reason he is still working on HxH is because he loves it, he does not care about how many people buy it too much.
His wife is rich, he is rich, he jus does not need to worry.


.