- Joined
- Feb 4, 2015
- Messages
- 334
- Reaction score
- 241
- Age
- 28
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Black Clover Color Page:

I remember quite a few people saying the same for FT when it came out. But in all honesty, I doubt there would be another One Piece again.It's the next One Piece.
Funny thing, after having seen the raws of the chapter 1 and 2 I immediately asked Crunchyroll (since it is a Kodansha title) to licence itI know it is OT, but everyone needs to check out Battlefield No. 5 in WSM. It's the next One Piece.
All series are the next OP, Shingeki or Naruto when is begin , I read people to write than Devilyman was Death note vibes... I still don't read the chapter and I have more curious for the ohkubo and Wakui series.I remember quite a few people saying the same for FT when it came out. But in all honesty, I doubt there would be another One Piece again.
I'm still surprised that people calling the start of My Hero Academia great. I thought it was kinda mediocre. There were so many text bubbles, it was pretty annoying to read the first chapters, because of the amount of text. Fortunately, that changed later. Also, I didnt like Uraka in the start, because she was just the typical 'girl'-character in manga(that's why I like Tsuyu/Froppy so much), but that also changed in the tournament later.I agree with you that people praise series too often, but Hero Academia started out great and has been getting better ans better since.
Seriously, it would've been a solid shonen manga if it stayed the same level as the first few chapters, but it just exploded in quality. So many great characters, everything is so well-done. MC manages to succeed often, but it's never unrealistic and he's always put in his place when he bites off more than he can chew. I really think BnHA blows the new series of the last decade of JUMP out of the water.
Well, whether it'll be One Piece level or not, I guess we'll know in ten years.
Are we talking about nekketsu or Jump series in general? Because if I remember AC sold better in this time, but well, I'm pacient with the series and optimistic.I agree with you that people praise series too often, but Hero Academia started out great and has been getting better ans better since.
Seriously, it would've been a solid shonen manga if it stayed the same level as the first few chapters, but it just exploded in quality. So many great characters, everything is so well-done. MC manages to succeed often, but it's never unrealistic and he's always put in his place when he bites off more than he can chew. I really think BnHA blows the new series of the last decade of JUMP out of the water.
Well, whether it'll be One Piece level or not, I guess we'll know in ten years.
More than mediocre I find the first arc decent , it's when start the deku vs bakugou the thing become good(with a tons of problem, but the good parts hidden that). Still the first chapter was good in my opinion and have 1 or 2 impact moment who make you still reading it (thing than the series who start or latter in the same time doesn't)I'm still surprised that people calling the start of My Hero Academia great. I thought it was kinda mediocre.
That's the only thing I don't agree , but is opinion , World trigger has the same problem and is more your taste.There were so many text bubbles, it was pretty annoying to read the first chapters, because of the amount of text. Fortunately, that changed later.
But that's not a fact to think is bad, that a good thing, not all character will show us his potential or if are good.The example is superheroes comic, very character are introduce and seems like are bad but later seems his potential, Batwoman seems in the begining like a character to appeal the lesbian, and the new Ms Marvel the same to the arabian, but later seems good character are 3dimentional.Also the MC of MHA is other example , began with a crying character and became the character who is now(with his problem)Also, I didnt like Uraka in the start, because she was just the typical 'girl'-character in manga(that's why I like Tsuyu/Froppy so much), but that also changed in the tournament later.
That's a problem of all nekketsu, BC will focus more the asta-his childfriend, or the waifu, Bleach the shinigamis.I'm just afraid, that the manga going to focus only on certain characters like Todoroki.

Straighten Up and Best Blue are really the only series in the running and it definitely has a higher chance of being chosen.What are the chances of VIZ picking up Straingten Up?
It seems to be quite popular and I think that it's gonna sell around 60/70k in the first volume.