Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
What about going back to üni and choose another study ?(I know it is kinda hard but if you do that,it will be awesome)
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
What about going back to üni and choose another study ?(I know it is kinda hard but if you do that,it will be awesome)
Hmm it's too much trouble, and I think my high school diploma is too old.It's just how it works here.
 

Anera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
665
Gender
Female
Country
France
Don't know about your qualifications and your professionnal background, actually I did work a short time in a library as a part time assistant librarian, at university when I was taking my Master degree, yes it was awesome (even if I used to work less than 10 hrs/week). Yes, you definitely need a degree or a to take a competitive exam (concours administratif) in librarianship/ library science. But depending on your position you may be eligible for Cae/Cui in librarian field (contrat d'insertion) like this : agent de bibliothèque 1 or Agent de bibliothèque 2

Hope it helps, fingers crossed :)
Thank you ! :wtf Your post is really useful and instructive !
 

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Hmm it's too much trouble, and I think my high school diploma is too old.It's just how it works here.
Yeah uni is kinda trouble.
Is there courses for improve yourself ? or learn another language ?
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Yeah uni is kinda trouble.
Is there courses for improve yourself ? or learn another language ?
I already know the three languages that are used in here.
Well I could if I had the money, for example take night classes to get some certification. And if I get 3 of those I can get a diploma, in business administration.
I'm more interested in merchandising atm, it's kinda interesting and it has some connection to my original studies. It's just more on the marketing side.
In the end I don't think I'll completely give up on interior design, it's pretty much my passion, so eventually when I have enough money to start my own business I could do it. But first I need something to live off at least.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: g01

Machi-tan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2014
Messages
840
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes but he's also half black. :wonder

Anyway this doesn't have much to do with the confessional thread.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

I confess that I'm starting to lose hope to find work in my field.
Well met... Well met..

Anyway back on topic. I know the feels! I'm a computer science major so it's easy to get a job, but i was going to be a graphic artist at first.

I was basically murdered by my parents because they see no value in artsy fields like Design and music... both of which I was good at and thought i could do well in ... but sigh.

Now i don't hate being a computer scientist.. but i don't love it either. It's a job. And i do it. that's it. But when i do get a chance to produce and do small projects with local bands as a sub producer or whatever, i feel absolutely alive. So i've been trying to level up my producer skills and try seriously for a career in music in a few years after i've saved enough money to get myself out any financial bind that will bring + have enough people know wbouat my musical chops that it;s viable.

Switching careers from what you love to anything else is a pain. But maybe you can keep your design on the side until you have enough of a name in the design world? (Forgive me if i'm being ignorant on how that works).
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Hm, unfortunatelly, the friends I know here that succeeded on the interior design business (which I super love, btw), started their own thing. And, well, that requires money =/ I dunno if my friends got it from the bank and how they managed the whole situation, but yeah, they ended up building their own offices. One had associates, and another one was a consultant with me and when things got too complicated for her in our previous job, she just dove in and went for it. But she kinda had a husband with a good financial situation to back her up. The thing is... maybe you could start by offering your services to someone close that could use an interior designer job? As a freelancer or wtv. And eventually things would just get more solid.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Didn't think this would be such an interesting topic. But I confess it's been bugging me for some time, and I think this is the first time I get to talk about it with someone really.

Well met... Well met..

Anyway back on topic. I know the feels! I'm a computer science major so it's easy to get a job, but i was going to be a graphic artist at first.

I was basically murdered by my parents because they see no value in artsy fields like Design and music... both of which I was good at and thought i could do well in ... but sigh.

Now i don't hate being a computer scientist.. but i don't love it either. It's a job. And i do it. that's it. But when i do get a chance to produce and do small projects with local bands as a sub producer or whatever, i feel absolutely alive. So i've been trying to level up my producer skills and try seriously for a career in music in a few years after i've saved enough money to get myself out any financial bind that will bring + have enough people know wbouat my musical chops that it;s viable.

Switching careers from what you love to anything else is a pain. But maybe you can keep your design on the side until you have enough of a name in the design world? (Forgive me if i'm being ignorant on how that works).
Yes while creative jobs are really fun and rewarding in a way, since you do something you love, it's also harder to make it work. It's not just about money or finding a job, but it really is about becoming really good at it, and being able to stand out since there's a lot of competition going on, especially in the graphic design field. More than interior design actually, since graphic design is everywhere. My brother is a computer engineer, and yeah it's just a job.In the past he was more into video games, and he used to work on 3Ds max for example, just as a hobby. But then he ended up choosing something like computer engineering. I'm pretty much the only one at home who decided to pursue her dream, my sister would have wanted to be a chef but instead became an accountant. Maybe my decision was influenced by that, since I saw how "miserable" they were, or just had regrets about not pursuing their dreams.
But overall even if it's not possible atm, it's still good to keep that goal in mind, and work to make it happen, by other means. So yeah I'm not totally going to give up on it.
Hm, unfortunatelly, the friends I know here that succeeded on the interior design business (which I super love, btw), started their own thing. And, well, that requires money =/ I dunno if my friends got it from the bank and how they managed the whole situation, but yeah, they ended up building their own offices. One had associates, and another one was a consultant with me and when things got too complicated for her in our previous job, she just dove in and went for it. But she kinda had a husband with a good financial situation to back her up. The thing is... maybe you could start by offering your services to someone close that could use an interior designer job? As a freelancer or wtv. And eventually things would just get more solid.
Yep that's pretty accurate. The only way to make it work is by having your own business, although it takes a lot of money, if I want to have an office and an associate. It takes less money to just be freelance, but the legislation here doesn't allow that, but it could happen soon. So other than the money problem, there's also legal issues, and my country is far behind when it comes to to allow people to work as freelancers from their homes.Plus for me it's important to work for someone else first, before setting my own business, so I would be able to learn how an interior design firm works. So when I open mine I'll have a good idea about how to manage one, and how to face the different problems that may arise. So I'm not in a hurry to start my own firm^^

Anyway thanks guys, I'm now more confident that while I do need to find a job asap, I'm not entirely giving up on the idea of being my own boss. Because I think even if it's hard to find work, it's also better since you're completely independant.
 
Last edited:

Machi-tan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2014
Messages
840
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What the hell just happened? Was something i said ACTUALLY helpful?

You're welcome, I am the wisest of them all. :hmph

Haha, seriously, glad you found your peace of mind. I've seen your art. If it says anything about your ability to put together compositions, i'm sure you're a great candidate for interior design. I'm sure you'll do well, and one day make it to the point where you can live comfortably on it. Make you a deal, we both try hard in the future and when i become a passable artist, and you do your amazing interior arrangements, we brag til everyone's ears scab over.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So starting from next year I'll prolly change carriers, but I don't know what I should do. The only jobs that are available are the ones in call centers ugh.
I know a few people who work in call centers. It's...not really recommendable... but it's still better than nothing. You will need a foothold until you can properly distinguish your direction from here, even if that foothold barely holds you or you don't like it. It can only get better from there.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
A mail I received as part of my job included my ex-girlfriend's name. Much coincidence. Since I know she also meddled in the same working area, I got unnecessarily conscious of the fact, and decided to search a bit to confirm the identity.
Guess what? She isn't my ex-girlfriend. How surprising. But this girl's face is actually way prettier and my type at that. I kind of hate this name altogether now.

I confess I'm too bored waiting for the end of the week, so I'm super sensitive about everything and anything.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Not a rare one, but not the most common name, either. Found a statistic that states it's the 625th most used name in the country, with roughly 25.000 people bearing it.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Not a rare one, but not the most common name, either. Found a statistic that states it's the 625th most used name in the country, with roughly 25.000 people bearing it.
Hmm but what are the odds she'd have the same name, and work in the same field as you? Must be even more rare.
 
Last edited:

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Hmm but what are the odds she's have the same name, and work in the same field as you? Must be even more rare.
It is. Though, the mail did not include a surname, so, there was that. If it was same name-same surname-same field, chances that I'd actually end up finding a different person would be one in every ten millions, I guess.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I had my last day of work at my retail job today.

I forgot how completely SHIT I am when it comes to goodbyes.

I told virtually no one that I put in my two weeks notice. Word gets around though, so I made some long-time friends/coworkers angry (I've been there for four years). But they forgave me after I batted my eyelashes for a few hours. And then I made two of them cry.


And I'm just overall sorry that I'm a fucking terrible person at least 99% of the time.

---------- Post added December 17, 2015 at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was December 05, 2015 at 09:14 PM ----------

Two weeks into my new job and there is only one thing I know for certain:

My supervisor is a fucking idiot.

I have had a job since I was 15 and I have never cried at work (or school for that matter). Can't say that anymore.

Also, it took me two hours to drive home today because of traffic so that didn't help.

Had to vent.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i havent posted on this site in several months, but in the last few days or so i have tried to come back

its good to be back posting with you ladies and gentlemen i dont read as much manga as i used to but i still read 5-6 series each week
 
Top