Return of the Vainglorious

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Still the best fighting scene I've seen on television. Winter Soldier still reigns supreme though.

Yes. Very weird.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The whole fighting choreography.
Especially the one right before Cap and co get "captured".
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
His knife fight with Bucky was some really good choreography but you're right, it was all a level above most of the others. That's mainly because the Captain America stories don't really involve the level of supernatural elements that would require "unrealistic" animations, if you know what I mean.
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
His knife fight with Bucky was some really good choreography but you're right, it was all a level above most of the others. That's mainly because the Captain America stories don't really involve the level of supernatural elements that would require "unrealistic" animations, if you know what I mean.
That's what makes Captain America good, now if only they could improve the quality of 'power based' fights then superhero films would be really intriguing to watch.
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'd already be happy if the villains would actually behave like villains. Not like something fun in between.
Basically a marvel villain on netflix level. Cause they are actually evil.
*Looks at Ultron*
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
That's what makes Captain America good, now if only they could improve the quality of 'power based' fights then superhero films would be really intriguing to watch.
How do you mean "improve"?

I'd already be happy if the villains would actually behave like villains. Not like something fun in between.
Basically a marvel villain on netflix level. Cause they are actually evil.
*Looks at Ultron*
Ultron was a comic; a fun one but still. The cinematic universe hasn't introduced a "dark" villain yet, it can be argued they could've made their villains darker but theyre not dark. Maybe Thanos could be that; to completely break our heroes in IW part I.

It's funny that human villains are darker than the supernatural characters we see in the films.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Thanos is supposed to be a ruthless mass murderer... If he is as fun as Ultron that might be a problem.

Yeah the down to earth villains are the real monsters so far.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Did you finish all of Jessica Jones already?
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
How do you mean "improve"?



Ultron was a comic; a fun one but still. The cinematic universe hasn't introduced a "dark" villain yet, it can be argued they could've made their villains darker but theyre not dark. Maybe Thanos could be that; to completely break our heroes in IW part I.

It's funny that human villains are darker than the supernatural characters we see in the films.
CGI, effects and editing, things they could improve on...

Tbh the story lines them selves could do with a bit of working on, especially DC films minus the Batman Trilogy..
 
Last edited:

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
I started watching Black sails like you recommended.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen 7 episodes so far. Not making much progress... It is more of a big psycho thriller anyway.
I've watched 4 episodes so far and man, it's so good. The fight scene in episode 2 was so hilarious. I'm really submerged in the plot; the first time this has happened with a series in a while. I think the angst of not knowing when Kilgrave will show up or act has really put me on edge.

I started watching Black sails like you recommended.
How are you finding it?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

This looks way too good for a tv show. :o

Also Rip Hunter... :kreygasm
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Do you watch Jessica jones as well Bob?

Also you watch suits right? Is just me or does patsy from flash look like a lighter version of Rachael
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Do you watch Jessica jones as well Bob?

Also you watch suits right? Is just me or does patsy from flash look like a lighter version of Rachael
I see where you're coming from, and I do seem some resemblance.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
They seem pretty alike to me. I keep seeing her as Rachael.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom

This looks way too good for a tv show. :o

Also Rip Hunter... :kreygasm

I'm not too hyped about the show to be fair. I'm not liking how sfx heavy it looks. Rip Hunter does look pretty funny though and space-cowboy-ish, plus he's got that cockney accent.

Are you up to date with your shows?
Do you watch Jessica jones as well Bob?

Also you watch suits right? Is just me or does patsy from flash look like a lighter version of Rachael
Yeah I finished it a few days ago. How did you find it?

Hmmm I can see what you mean about Patsy; they have those mesmerising eyes and really thin lips.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No I am just up to date with Anime since today. 2 eps of Supergirl and Gotham as well as AoS, 8 eps of Jessica Jones and Flash are missing...
 
Top