Discussion Who are your favourite characters?

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Up till this point all the sins whose past was shown so far were innocent of their crimes, maybe it won't be the case with the more ambiguous ones like Gowther and Merlin.And even then if we put things into context by learning all the story I'm sure it will turn out they had little to do with whatever crime was imputed to them. So I really don't see how Escanor would be any different, whatever his crime is I'm sure it's the circumstances that made it look like he did it.I really can't see how Merlin or Gowther who are more questionable than the rest, would be innocent and not Escanor who's only fault it seems is that he's too prideful. I don't know if being prideful is such a bad thing...maybe I watched Pride &Prejudice too much.:p
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
^What tells you that Escanor is a great strategist? He doesn't seem to be particularly smart.
Well, that one is a tad specific however it's mostly because escanor so far seems to be insanely arrogant except for the fact that every bit of his arrogance is justified. This is a man whose ego matches his reality. Well, perhaps not completely because in that case he would probably be literally god but pretty close considering he is the actual sun and origin of life in nanatsu verse.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Up till this point all the sins whose past was shown so far were innocent of their crimes, maybe it won't be the case with the more ambiguous ones like Gowther and Merlin.And even then if we put things into context by learning all the story I'm sure it will turn out they had little to do with whatever crime was imputed to them. So I really don't see how Escanor would be any different, whatever his crime is I'm sure it's the circumstances that made it look like he did it.I really can't see how Merlin or Gowther who are more questionable than the rest, would be innocent and not Escanor who's only fault it seems is that he's too prideful. I don't know if being prideful is such a bad thing...maybe I watched Pride &Prejudice too much.:p
It's not pride or arrogance if its true. In context escanor isn't being arrogant or prideful. He is simply aware of what he is in reality. Arrogance is what the measly mortals around perceive him as because they are unable to wrap their tiny brains around escanor. What mortal could ever look at the sun and not go blind? What mortal could ever grasp the vastness of the sun? What mortal could ever comprehend the power of the sun? Only escanor because he holds the power of the sun. ok, ban is technically immortal but he probably can' grasp it either. ESCANOR IS THE HYPE.

I know escanor is likely to be as innocent as the rest, my point was that I thought it would be interesting to see a guilty sin for once rather than the current trend where the sins are innocent and should receive their own day with a parade included to celebrate them for the events.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Lol you really don't like him don't you?
I don't dislike him, he doesn't appear to be the brainy type like Merlin, Gowther and King.

I would not say Mel is a great strategist either, he is too reckless.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
I don't dislike him, he doesn't appear to be the brainy type like Merlin, Gowther and King.

I would not say Mel is a great strategist either, he is too reckless.
And Mel is the brainy type? :heh I think you're saying that because of the stereotype associated with people who are usually buff.How muscular and powerful men are often thought to be brutes.
But let's not forget he was all alone by himself, in a cave with very little interaction with other people. So him not figuring out that the sins were pardonned makes sense. I agree with kkck, if he's shown to be perfect, then that means his wits should be on par with other sins, and surpass them even; mostly in his day form.His night form is too insecure to even form an opinion. And it's not like he's the same as Merlin who if anything looks like an evil genius.
What kkck said is that he simply could be a better strategist than Mel, who is pretty bad at strategy tbh.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

It's not pride or arrogance if its true. In context escanor isn't being arrogant or prideful. He is simply aware of what he is in reality. Arrogance is what the measly mortals around perceive him as because they are unable to wrap their tiny brains around escanor. What mortal could ever look at the sun and not go blind? What mortal could ever grasp the vastness of the sun? What mortal could ever comprehend the power of the sun? Only escanor because he holds the power of the sun. ok, ban is technically immortal but he probably can' grasp it either. ESCANOR IS THE HYPE.

I know escanor is likely to be as innocent as the rest, my point was that I thought it would be interesting to see a guilty sin for once rather than the current trend where the sins are innocent and should receive their own day with a parade included to celebrate them for the events.
Lol yeah I simply think if we have a guilty sin it has a better chance of being Merlin or Gowther, or both. They are more ambiguous, their alignement could be neutral evil or chaotic evil imo. They certainly don't look like they'd be good.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Lol yeah I simply think if we have a guilty sin it has a better chance of being Merlin or Gowther, or both. They are more ambiguous, their alignement could be neutral evil or chaotic evil imo. They certainly don't look like they'd be good.
I have never really perceived merlin as ambiguous to be honest. To me she seems every bit as good as the other sins for the most part. I mean, what has she done that makes her ambiguous? She took away mel's power because she thought there was genuine risk of him obliterating another country, she seems to have raised arthur so he could lead the world, she saved the kings life... She is sneaky but none of it really adds up to merlin being a questionably character in this context.

Gowther is different but I wouldn't say he is "ambiguous" either. Gowther is amoral, he is literally unable to grasp emotions to an extent.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
And Mel is the brainy type? :heh I think you're saying that because of the stereotype associated with people who are usually buff.How muscular and powerful men are often thought to be brutes.
But let's not forget he was all alone by himself, in a cave with very little interaction with other people. So him not figuring out that the sins were pardonned makes sense. I agree with kkck, if he's shown to be perfect, then that means his wits should be on par with other sins, and surpass them even; mostly in his day form.His night form is too insecure to even form an opinion. And it's not like he's the same as Merlin who if anything looks like an evil genius.
What kkck said is that he simply could be a better strategist than Mel, who is pretty bad at strategy tbh.
It's in my post. I didn't say Mel is a great strategist or that he's the brainy type, but he decides because he's the leader. He living alone has nothing to do with my opinion of him as a strategist. We know almost nothing about him. I never thought of him as perfect anyway, he's strong.
 

Kay3795

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
2,030
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Mel, Merlin, Ban. Those three.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
814
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Escanor,Ban and king
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Seeing as the recent posts had not much to do with the purpose of this thread, I've moved them to the thread concerning Merlin.
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Meliodas, Escanor and Ban
 

Calum

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2015
Messages
325
Reaction score
83
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Scotland
Who is your favorite side character that isn't one of the sins?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Arthur, I like him more than most of the Sins actually. Also Guila, Jericho, Dreyfus and the recently introduced Denzel.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Characters which aren't members of the Sins?
Zeldris, Galan, Monspiet, Estarossa, Derrierie.

Side characters?
Denzel, Hendy, Dreyfus.
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
4,226
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Guila, always and forever. She's best girl.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Arthur, I like him more than most of the Sins actually. Also Guila, Jericho, Dreyfus and the recently introduced Denzel.
Boom. Replace Denzel with Slader though.
 

overlordpringerx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
852
Reaction score
311
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Hendricksen, Helbram and Ende
 

kiriya

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
243
Age
27
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
My favourite non-sin character is Arthur. I also really like Deldrey, Arden, Gloxinia and Jericho.
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jericho, hands down.
I like her design, she doesn't take shit from anyone, she's badass in her own, slightly strange ways and she might just be the character who grew the most throughout the series so far. She's just awesome.

Follow-ups would be Guila, Deldrey and Denzel because I really like them as characters as well (and Guila's also kinda cute yo) and Derrierie, Monspiet and Invisible purely because of their designs lol
 
Top