kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
i have the feeling we yet have to get our gawain maybe we'll have them in the next arc since in shounens enemies keep getting stronger and stronger there's the need of something as op as escanor be a worthy enemy he could face (even if tegchnically is even supposed to lose to them)
Well, to be fair the good guys keep getting stronger as well. As of now there are 3 sins that can do something against a commandment. You have mel, escanor and to a limited extent ban if he is able to steal enough strength. The tournament is an ideal setting for his snatch after all, there is going to be more strength around him than he can steal. The dolor dance seems to actually be connecting diane to the earth which means she might already have had a powerup, however small, and is on her way to fully unleashing her strength. Gowther probably simply has to unlock his former powers though there probably will be a time during which he changes sides. King and merlin are the ones that might be a tad far away from their true potential though. I
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,217
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Had Denzel already formed the Pleiades before Fraudin banished him or after?
 

Akisume

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
44
Reaction score
6
Age
30
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Has anyone else here seen the Abridged series of Nanatsu no Taizai by MrBuddyVA on Youtube? It's pretty good, but I'm just checking!<3
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Seven deadly schmucks?
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,217
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
In Bandit Ban's was the red demon after the fountain of youth? If so what could it want with it?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,680
Reaction score
61,391
Gender
Male
Country
France
In Bandit Ban's was the red demon after the fountain of youth? If so what could it want with it?
Well, for immortality. Your post makes me think that the Demon might have managed to enter there because of one of the previous Kings.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,217
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Well, for immortality. Your post makes me think that the Demon might have managed to enter there because of one of the previous Kings.
Immortality for it's self or master?
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
I think we have a bit of a plot hole here.We saw that the red and blue demons were summoned by Mera. Unless all demons can summon other demons, then who summoned the red demon who attacked the fairy forest? Was it Fraudrin?
And we still don't know who killed the Gray demon too that Hendy used to become one himself. :hmm
He could have been a remnant from the holy war.
 

julymarte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2015
Messages
294
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
also the second albion went to the fairy forest... maybe the demons are interested in immortality , maybe for the demon king? and some demons were assigned the task to destroy the forest? so they were just following a possible previous order? it didn't have to be summoned in that moment maybe it was dormant like albion(about the red one)
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
also the second albion went to the fairy forest... maybe the demons are interested in immortality , maybe for the demon king? and some demons were assigned the task to destroy the forest? so they were just following a possible previous order? it didn't have to be summoned in that moment maybe it was dormant like albion(about the red one)
I think they were attracted to the highest PLs or something like that. The source is now in Ban's blood, but we already saw the Albion attack Camelot, so it's prolly not related to the fountain.
 

julymarte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2015
Messages
294
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
hmmm yeah you're right too
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So, I have kind of a random question I guess. Doesn't really have to do with Nanatsu per se, but...uhh, did all of you know that Nakaba is his first name and Suzuki the family's name? lol
I always assumed it's the other way around, simply because I only knew Suzuki as family name, and a friend and I realized just now that we had it backwards for nearly 2 years now when I said it's weird how ANN refer to Naka...Suzuki with his "given name" in this article as opposed to Nakaba like with every other mangaka's name.
Again, doesn't really have anything to do with Nanatsu no Taizai but now I got curious to see if that's a "common mistake" or if I'm just incredibly stupid, because I literally had the volumes in front of my eyes every day the past 7 months (ever since the volumes are getting localized in german and I started buying them) and with his name being in the same exact order as on every single other manga I own (Nakaba Suzuki, Ryuhei Tamura, Eiichiro Oda...given name > family name)
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
16,961
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't really get it but yeah, Nakaba's the given name and Suzuki's the surname.
That being said, Suzuki's a fairly common surname.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
So, I have kind of a random question I guess. Doesn't really have to do with Nanatsu per se, but...uhh, did all of you know that Nakaba is his first name and Suzuki the family's name? lol
I always assumed it's the other way around, simply because I only knew Suzuki as family name, and a friend and I realized just now that we had it backwards for nearly 2 years now when I said it's weird how ANN refer to Naka...Suzuki with his "given name" in this article as opposed to Nakaba like with every other mangaka's name.
Again, doesn't really have anything to do with Nanatsu no Taizai but now I got curious to see if that's a "common mistake" or if I'm just incredibly stupid, because I literally had the volumes in front of my eyes every day the past 7 months (ever since the volumes are getting localized in german and I started buying them) and with his name being in the same exact order as on every single other manga I own (Nakaba Suzuki, Ryuhei Tamura, Eiichiro Oda...given name > family name)
The Japanese start with the family name then the first name, it's the same at my place too(no I'm not Japanese). So the correct Japanese order is Suzuki Nakaba, Suzuki being the first(given) name, and Nakaba being the last (family) name. And that's exactly the order you linked to in that page(鈴木=Suzuki,央=Nakaba).
When an artist gets translated in the West, it's often that they change the order because in Western countries they start with the first name then the middle name and finally the family name. They did that for Kentarou Miura for example. Miura is a family name, Eichiro Oda with Oda being the family name once again.So in the West there can be a bit of a confusion because of them changing the order for no reason really, and most people don't know what can and can't be a first name. Usually the Japanese have a pattern of naming their children, the more traditional names have -taro or -ro in it (for boys).Those are usually the first name. And the one that doesn't have it is the last name, but that's not always the case as seen with Suzuki which is a fairly common surname in Japan, but here it is used as the first name.
Also in this case it is easier to figure out which is which since Nakaba isn't a first name to my knowledge, so it must be the family name.
 
Last edited:

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The Japanese start with the family name then the first name, it's the same at my place too(no I'm not Japanese). So the correct Japanese order is Suzuki Nakaba, Suzuki being the first(given) name, and Nakaba being the last (family) name. And that's exactly the order you linked to in that page(鈴木=Suzuki,央=Nakaba).
When an artist gets translated in the West, it's often that they change the order because in Western countries they start with the first name then the middle name and finally the family name. They did that for Kentarou Miura for example. Miura is a family name, Eichiro Oda with Oda being the family name once again.So in the West there can be a bit of a confusion because of them changing the order for no reason really, and most people don't know what can and can't be a first name. Usually the Japanese have a pattern of naming their children, the more traditional names have -taro or -ro in it (for boys).Those are usually the first name. And the one that doesn't have it is the last name, but that's not always the case as seen with Suzuki which is a fairly common surname in Japan, but here it is used as the first name.
Also in this case it is easier to figure out which is which since Nakaba isn't a first name to my knowledge, so it must be the family name.
Seems like I'm not the only one who's confused by it...?
Lola, you have it right at first (the bold part) and the rest of your post pretty much explains what I assumed this entire time :D

edit: almost forgot this..ANN/the site I linked has the "western order" for the name, given name > surname
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Geez...I'm just now seeing that I got it wrong in my first post again. (it's still confusing the heck out of me)

So, I have kind of a random question I guess. Doesn't really have to do with Nanatsu per se, but...uhh, did all of you know that Nakaba is his first name and Suzuki the family's name? lol
I always assumed it's the other way around, simply because I only knew Suzuki as family name, and a friend and I realized just now that we had it backwards for nearly 2 years now when I said it's weird how ANN refer to Naka...Suzuki with his "given name" in this article as opposed to Nakaba like with every other mangaka's name.
Again, doesn't really have anything to do with Nanatsu no Taizai but now I got curious to see if that's a "common mistake" or if I'm just incredibly stupid, because I literally had the volumes in front of my eyes every day the past 7 months (ever since the volumes are getting localized in german and I started buying them) and with his name being in the same exact order as on every single other manga I own (Nakaba Suzuki, Ryuhei Tamura, Eiichiro Oda...given name > family name)
I meant to say that I thought Suzuki was a given name, not a family name/surname
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Seems like I'm not the only one who's confused by it...?
Lola, you have it right at first (the bold part) and the rest of your post pretty much explains what I assumed this entire time :D
Sorry looks like I was confused by the first part of your post, because here:
http://myanimelist.net/people/3251/Nakaba_Suzuki
It says that Nakaba is his given(first) name while Suzuki is his last(family name).

I still prefer to call him Nakaba lol. Suzuki reminds me of cars:XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Seems like I'm not the only one who's confused by it...?
Lola, you have it right at first (the bold part) and the rest of your post pretty much explains what I assumed this entire time :D

edit: almost forgot this..ANN/the site I linked has the "western order" for the name, given name > surname
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Geez...I'm just now seeing that I got it wrong in my first post again. (it's still confusing the heck out of me)



I meant to say that I thought Suzuki was a given name, not a family name/surname
LOL if you check my second post, MAL also has that order. I think they're wrong.

Well either way I prefer to refer to him as "Nakaba".Also what I said about the West changing the order is true, but it might not always be the case.
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Same haha
I doubt I could get used to using Suzuki instead of Nakaba either, but now it will always feel kinda weird to refer to him by his given name.
 
Top