Discussion - Spriggan 12 Magic | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
So we've been introduced to one of the Spriggan 12 and got details regarding her type of magic. According to Erza, her ability is to change mass and just like Erza said, that's pretty high class stuff. It's possibly one of the most powerful types of magic. It's quite similar to Gildart's Magic but probably more potent. We've seen her nonchalantly changing an island and she eventually left it at about a shoe size. She's possibly the worst type of opponent that caster types like Natsu, Gray etc can come up against. We already saw with Gildarts that he could render Natsu's Magic ineffective for the most part by separating it. Brandish can potentially alter the flames/ice such that they become harmless. We know she can alter an island with much effort so assuming Gray/Natsu could make island sized attacks using their respective magic, she could simply make them pebble like. In that regard, I'd say the only one who could appropriately challenge her is Gildarts since they use similar magic. What are your thoughts?

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
She'd need to combat someone of worth before I can begin to place her at any lvl tbh. There's a difference between altering the shape of a motionless rock & a fist reinforced with much momentum & magic.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Motionless rock? She alerted an entire island and left it the size of a rock. That's already a pretty big deal. Also, she snapped her fingers and apparently whisked Marin out of existence.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am still not sure of whether the scope of her magic is only to change the size of things. The last chapter we saw her elevating the island... so what exactly did she do there? Did she increase the size of the bottom to lift the island? There is also what happened to the guy with space time magic. Was he shrunk? Is he still around fighting bacteria for his life? Will he be eaten by krill?

I am not sure of how her magic is similar to gildarts for that matter.

DemonKing888

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
For plot reasons I believe her magic is size mass manipulation only, if she can just blow people up it be to OP and honestly no one could beat her, but we know that's not the case in fairytail someone will beat her.

I think Marin Hollow is a tiny little ant right now and not dead, but she did shrink the island I guess you could say he's dead ether way, something that small would drown in a sea that large.

Anyone who fights her would have a very odd fight, she would shrink them down to the size of a ant but maybe by plot convenience, their strength and magic will be uninfected by her magic allowing them to still attack her, we could get a attack on titan size fight with her. Could be fun to see or be a major ass pull depending how it plays out.

I believe Erza will be her opponent just because she understands her magic, as well as the fact that (Not Bashing Erza.....much) Hiro Mashima tends to use "because she's Erza" as a ass pull for inconvenient OP foes.

but to give Erza credit the Nakagami Armor should counter any magic place on her. Allowing their battle to be more physical and endurance.

On to what I think Brandish could do, We could see her turn herself in to a giant or turn herself into the size of a ant if her magic allows her to affect herself. She could manipulate the world around her allowing her to change the Terrain to her like, allowing her to be both offensive and defense. Mountains would rise and fall around her as falling debris become the size of meteors.

Her opponent would have to be agile, have defensive capability, and extreme offense abilities.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'd say her magic so far is mass manipulation, being able to both increase the size of an island and shrink it would fit into that. I do think she did kill Marin, although I'm skeptical whether that was with the same magic.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I am still not sure of whether the scope of her magic is only to change the size of things. The last chapter we saw her elevating the island... so what exactly did she do there? Did she increase the size of the bottom to lift the island? There is also what happened to the guy with space time magic. Was he shrunk? Is he still around fighting bacteria for his life? Will he be eaten by krill?

I am not sure of how her magic is similar to gildarts for that matter.
Well her magic is altering mass not just changing the size of things. She can apparently alter it however she wants. As for the similarity to Gildarts Magic, what I meant was, they both have lower that can alter the shape/size of things. Gildarts crash is just a brute force kinda thing though. That's possibly what he used to split the island and then he has disassembly which can seperate stuff. Well in retrospect, there aren't many similarities between their magic but there's a connection.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Motionless rock? She alerted an entire island and left it the size of a rock. That's already a pretty big deal. Also, she snapped her fingers and apparently whisked Marin out of existence.
Didn't say it wasn't impressive. Just saying that it'd be a bigger deal if she had demonstrated such powers in an effective manner against noteworthy oppositions in combat & not just a gaint motionless rock. That's all.

As far as how haxxed her powers sounds? It's still less dangerous than Zero's haxx type of magic & yet Zero magic was overwhelmed by the sheer brute might of a Dragon slayer's DF mode. It was as if Natsu brute force his way back to reality.

Marin was fodder trash.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Marin was fodder trash.
He's a fodder trash that "beat" Mest, Lucy, and Erza though. Although I admit that his magic being particularly effective against them play a huge part in that victory

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well now we know that Brandish's magic is altering mass, which in my opinion is pretty broken. At this point I feel like the only one that can counter her would have to be Gildarts, but I'm not specifically sure how it would play out. It possibly could be one of the Wizard Saints because they do need some more spotlight but I just feel like Brandish just screams for some perverted thoughts from Gildarts.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This isn't really a big topic but I just thought it would be fun to discuss what Bloodman's Magic actually is. All we really know about his magic is that it kills people, something you don't see very often in Fairy Tail:derp. I've seen a couple of people mention something to do with blood arteries ect but otherwise my guess is as good as yours.

Vasgoko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
This isn't really a big topic but I just thought it would be fun to discuss what Bloodman's Magic actually is. All we really know about his magic is that it kills people, something you don't see very often in Fairy Tail:derp. I've seen a couple of people mention something to do with blood arteries ect but otherwise my guess is as good as yours.

I think all magic kills people..... At least, that's what I've seen.

Either way, Bloodman's nickname is God of Death. I don't think it has to do with blood as that is Draculos Hyberion's magic. I doubt it has to do with being a necromancer since Keyes already showed us that.

I'm betting on some dark magic that has to do with death. It could be possessing people, draining a persons life force, something dark, something fearful, or maybe has something to do with hell.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think all magic kills people..... At least, that's what I've seen.

Either way, Bloodman's nickname is God of Death. I don't think it has to do with blood as that is Draculos Hyberion's magic. I doubt it has to do with being a necromancer since Keyes already showed us that.

I'm betting on some dark magic that has to do with death. It could be possessing people, draining a persons life force, something dark, something fearful, or maybe has something to do with hell.
Well I meant that it isn't a magic you can take on where you can come out alive from. And plus Hyperbion's magic isn't actually confirmed. If anything, we know nothing about it.

Mystic Mistral

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Bloodman's magic could be related the to blood flow manipulation .
Like Blood bending in Avatar
I really want to see Bloodman vs Mirajane .....:)

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Maybe his magic is similar to Mary? Avatar elites who used virus magic

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Bloodman's magic could be related the to blood flow manipulation .
Like Blood bendidng in Avatar
I really want to see Bloodman vs Mirajane .....:)
A fight between Bloodman and Mirajane is possible since Mavis sent her to back up Blue Pegasus and Sabertooth although I want the Aguria sisters with a bit of back up from the twin dragons to take him on xD

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If we see Kagura and Erza team up then I think it's only fitting that Minvera and Mirajane team up - Minerva has demon ties too.

OT - I think his magic will have something to do with blood because of his name.

DraGon77

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
August : makarov says that he is in another level of mage he is too storng so i can see that his magic is something like zeref mage
God serena : If he is yuri then it's clear he's magic is like makarov and laxus !! ( watch fairy tail zero to understand)

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok let's do this
August- Every Magic Ever
Dimaria- Similar to Erza and Minerva
Invel- Ice
Nienhart- Slayer Magic
God Serena- Lightning Magic
Bradman- Dark Magic, Death Magic
Jacob- Assassin Magic

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Here are my predictions:

August: He is in possession of every magic there is.

Di Maria: She uses a sword with incredible powers.

God Serena: Light Magic.

Bloodman: He can control others blood.

Jacob: I wouldn't really now, he could be an incredible strategist.

Neinhart: I can't say. Maybe he has immense human powers.